Nirvana

Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Therapy?, Pearl Jam (I like them, hurl all the abuse that you want), Rage Against the Machine… The early 90s were an incredible time for rock music.

In that case, you might be interested to watch that album.

youtube.com/results?search=n … rch=Search

This is pretty cool. Teen Spirit played by the Ukelele Orch of GB.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2729651

3 Likes

Funny way to make some money

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was a real baby. I had the album on cassette tape, so the image wasn’t detailed enough to tell if it was a real photo or not.

1 Like

It is a real baby.

Yep…was and still is, ha ha.

2 Likes

An out of court settlement seems fair to me. Chuck the guy half a million or so and shut him up.

Surely he should be suing his parents on the grounds he’s claiming?

1 Like

From the article:

“The permanent harm he has proximately suffered includes but is not limited to extreme and permanent emotional distress with physical manifestations, interference with his normal development and educational progress, lifelong loss of income earning capacity, loss of past and future wages, past and future expenses for medical and psychological treatment, loss of enjoyment of life, and other losses to be described and proven at trial of this matter,” the lawsuit states.

And yet, he recreated the photo as an adult…

Coincidentally I was on a Nirvana kick the past couple days, watching interviews and stuff. I also came across this: the full length album of the band that Kurt was in before Nirvana:

There’s a"remastered" version but to me it sounds worse:
https://archive.org/details/Nirvana_Fecal_Matter_Demo_1985_MW_Remaster_/Nirvana_Fecal_Matter_Demo_1985_MW_Remaster_/

There’s a couple good tracks, and some pretty bad ones.

1 Like

A couple of years ago a facebook friend tagged me in a post to put pictures of my 10 top albums of my teenage years.

Three of the first 5 I though of were Houses of the Holy, Nothing’s Shocking (Jane’s addiction), and Nevermind…and I thought it was best for me not to post the album art.

2 Likes

The vocal style is really annoying, but the music isn’t bad.

No album cover beats Smell The Glove.

2 Likes

Multiple times, although at least one was when he was still a teenager. He also got “NIRVANA” tattooed on his chest.

They aren’t the ones who sold the photo to a band that sold millions of copies of that photo. If the photographer failed to get the proper model release, as alleged, then pay the man.

Like I said in another thread, a baby grubbing for money is a perfect representation of him.

1 Like

Anyone interested in this style of music should watch this documentary.
Did so myself the other night after it popped up on some YouTube surfing.
Lived through these times myself during college. Bought Ten over Nevermind, only because Nirvana hit it huge first and some fraternity brother (musician) was instead playing PJ. Played that CD over and over.

2 Likes