Nissan s15 or skyline owners?

Hello
I am new to this board. I want to know if their are any s15 or skyline dealerships in Taiwan. I’ll be moving in about 6 months to Taiwan. This is absolutely a nob question but are their any dealers in Taiwan? I want to get a rough range for a s15 or R32. If I can’t get either I’ll settle for a scooter. (It’s all or nothing for me).
P.S. I love this post, I’m learning so much from reading this forum

I’ve never seen an S15 or Skyline in Taiwan, possibly because Nissan didn’t make too many as left-hand drive (just a few of the R34 series?) which is partly why they weren’t too common in the States.

In fact, you don’t really see too many modified cars here compared with other countries.

I had an R33 back home but it wouldn’t be as much fun to drive in Taipei City. I’m sure there’s a modified car / drift scene here somewhere in Taiwan though… but here’s definitely not Fast n the Furious Tokyo Drift.

Get a scooter I reckon.

Just a whim, but are you from Aussie or New Zealand?

There are S15 around, but I have so far never seen a legal one.
GTRs can be purchased, but of course come with a slightly higher price tag.

I saw a new skyline last night parked on Jhongshan N rd sec 6. It was a pretty champagne color. Couldn’t tell you if it was legal or not or what side the steering wheel was on.

There are shops in Taichung with several S14 and S15 models outside. As Sulavaca mentions, not much chance of them having real, legit registrations. You will need to research very carefully. BTW, the ones that I’ve seen are all LHD. It’s forbidden to import any RHD vehicle into Taiwan.

freak, how about a RX7 FD 1993yr and newer?
I want a fun car…not a FWD argh

I guess I’ll have to buy a scooter then. This is not good, not good at all.
Am I going to have to buy a Car in Okinawa and commute weekly?

[quote=“stevegan”]I’ve never seen an S15 or Skyline in Taiwan, possibly because Nissan didn’t make too many as left-hand drive (just a few of the R34 series?) which is partly why they weren’t too common in the States.

In fact, you don’t really see too many modified cars here compared with other countries.

I had an R33 back home but it wouldn’t be as much fun to drive in Taipei City. I’m sure there’s a modified car / drift scene here somewhere in Taiwan though… but here’s definitely not Fast n the Furious Tokyo Drift.

Get a scooter I reckon.

Just a whim, but are you from Aussie or New Zealand?[/quote]

I’m actually from neither. If I was, then I would have both cars already. Those are my dream cars even if they are average cars. I’m from California USA :frowning: , not so proud of that at the moment. Actually haven’t been for the last 9 Bush years.

How the heck will I be able to look into this? If i were able to purchase one, I can at least ship it to Mexico. At least their I can drive it.

How the heck will I be able to look into this? If i were able to purchase one, I can at least ship it to Mexico. At least their I can drive it.[/quote]

I would suggest you just forget about them really.

The RX7 is too notoriously short lived in the engine department and is also too old to be found in good condition too.

Shipping to Mexico would cost about the same as a decent car to begin with. You can likely forget about that too.

I will remind folks once more that searching for good performance vehicles in Taiwan is largely quite a wild goose chase. The chance of ever finding them in good condition is almost impossible. Rule of thumb: If it goes quickly, it gets driven quickly and rather badly. Anyone here knows how little skill people have in keeping their cars in once piece to begin with, let alone cars which travel even faster than the run of the mill models. I have been spending the best part of a week even trying to find Mazda 3 2,000cc models in good damage free condition and its tough. I found another car today at SUM with a complete new rear end. Beautifully done mind you! Couldn’t tell from the pre-inspection. :unamused: :fume:

A neighbor had an s14 parked out in front of his place for a few days. I didn’t have a chance to find out the car’s status though.

As others have said, these cars can’t be found easily. Way too many headaches.

Now, you could easily find a modded or unmodded Subaru impreza gt (gc or gf body). A modded one would need a good inspection and you’d have to plan on probably replacing at least a tranny or ??? An unmodded one would give you achance start anew build from scratch. Those cars are around and a pretty low price. For a buil, you’d need the know-how, access to parts and space to do it.

A build would be your best option if you are patient and have the means to do it

2 words, give up or buy new.
There are no old model skylines in taiwan, only the new GTR which costs about 5 million…
All silvias are illegal, there are some horrible old S13 with K24 engines and autoboxs running around in terrible condition for sale at insane prices.

All performance cars in taiwan are F**KED :cry:

I think I’ll take sulavaca’s words of truth and just disregard this whole car lust. It’s going against the grain and will cause me more headache and expenses then it’s really worth. I guess I’ll look for a bicycle to go to and from NTU.

I’ll penny pinch and just learn how to live as cheaply as possible and concentrate on my class’s and possibly a night time job. I’ll head on over to that forum and enjoy everyone else’s scooter purchases etc.

Thank you everyone
Gus

P.S. I was right in joining this forum, Nice truth full people. :slight_smile:

I’ve got 3 numbers for you. And a letter. 350Z.

My mechanic recently (i think) imported a Nissan Silvia from the states and has it for sale for 450,000. It’s just sitting in his shop and licensed. If you’re interested I can get you his info.

your mechanic’s car sounds interesting - what is it exactly? really “only” 450k? a worked-up sr20-swap car might command maybe a third of this price in the states, so i guess 450k is not totally horrible.

i realize this is car-nerding out a bit here, but there are no stateside silvias.

only notchback and hatchback s13s and notchback s14s, all dubbed “240sx”

the hatchback s13 looks like the japanese-spec 180sx, with pop-up headlights.
the notchback s13 is a silvia with pop-up headlights.
a trend in the us is to get a silvia fixed-light front end and graft it onto a us-spec s13 hatchback for something called the “sil-80”

there are two renditions of the s14, mainly to do with different headlight looks with the later models having a more angular headlight?

they never brought the s15 to the states.

Is it a 240sx? Did the States actually import any Silvia from Japan?

Are we talking S14 or S15 here?

o.O you lost me after “your mechanic.”

I’m not sure what it is but he said it’s a sivlia from the states. It’s LHD and he has a sign on it that says "450 (chinese character for wan). It doesn’t have pop up head lights.

I did do some research and it does look awfully like the 240SX so it could be that. At any rate I’ll talk to my mechanic and get some pictures of it and post them up when i get my car maintained/emissioned in a week or so. Can wait that long Mabalis? :slight_smile:

thanks! car seems interesting if it is in fact licensed. no rush as honestly, i probably won’t buy it (or any car) in the near term. the thing that does interest me is that there is positively no such thing as a USA-spec “Silvia”, but he is probably just overloading the term.

There are GTRs around. They’re just tricky to hunt down for purchase. I’ve personally seen one R34 and two R33s. No 32s that I’ve seen though. R35s are beautiful but too pricey (and yes, I’ve seen one on the road here).

Silvias exist. My best friend’s cousin is a home-mechanic and fixed up his friend’s 180 a few months back. Have only seen one S14 and a couple of S15s.

FDs are around. Had a chat with the owner of a RHD one once and he explained to me that he has a stock LHD one at home which is used for registration purposes and the plates then moved to the modified RHD one for driving. RX8s are easily attained though.

There are quite a few Supras around. There are genuine EVOs around. I know someone who has an EVO5, though the 7s are definately more common (I believe they may have been locally sold?).

They were legally imported for a couple of years, but failed to pass the hike in emission regs in 2005. No STi models imported that year either, for the same reason. Real, legal EVOs are extremely rare however, with probably not more than 20 cars imported in total. There are Ah Huang specials (DIY versions) everywhere, built from regular Lancer shells.