No eggs at my local PX Mart for two weeks

No, nothing to do with virus mania at all, according to the Ministry of Agriculture.

The Ministry of Plenty, and the Ministry of Truth agreed.

1 Like

The rumor is that is her personal income (not company revenue). talking profit.

where do you get egg whites in taiwan?

3 Likes

I saw eggs at family mart the other day if you’re desperate

1 Like

Found some at rt-mart on bade road. I think if you go there early, you’ll find eggs.
Costco Neihu ran out, as well as the smaller neighborhood markets.

We went in A-Mei around 8am one morning recently with 5 people. Only 1 carton per person limit, so we all lined up with a cartoon each. We’re good for the holiday now.

2 Likes

You can order it from shopee.

1 Like

It’s a Taiwan thing. Mother in law had a literal crate-full of eggs today. She said it’s because you can’t get them this time of year, i.e. synthetic demand.

There are literally eggs at every 711 and Family Mart in the Ximen area

1 Like

From eggs? Do you realize how many chickens she needs.

1 Like

Very weird our local Safeway next-door completely ran out of eggs one day but restocked

In more than 20 years I’ve never seen a supermarket run out of eggs

2 Likes

There’s no way to make profit from eggs per se. My guess is that she has sidelines in a breeding programme, meat birds, and other things. About 200 birds would keep you ticking over. 1000 would start making you a nice profit.

1 Like

"‘I make a profit of three and a quarter cents apiece when I sell them to me and a profit of two and three quarter cents apiece when I buy them back from me. That’s a total profit of six cents an egg…’”

Edit to corroborate above posts and stay on topic:

NT$79 at my nearest Family Mart. Pleasantly surprised they hadn’t marked them up and weren’t advertising the fact they had eggs.

Do you know know what search word it is? I can’t seem to find it.

Yes that is probably the case as she does have meat birds…and does such services as egg gender determination.

2 Likes

勤億殺菌蛋白液

2 Likes

Yesterday I walked to PX mart, 7-11, FamilyMart and Carrefour, NO eggs!

1 Like

Plenty of eggs in my local RT Mart today at noon, even had some sort of buy 2 boxes discount thing going on

They got sucked in with their LNY price gauging, now they have to give discounts.