No receipt at MWD (My Warm Day) cafe

The MWD near my house doesn’t give me a receipt with the QR Code or the lottery number.
Was wondering what is the rule for this. Is this legit. I remember reading businesses with less than 200k monthly don’t need this. But I dont think this place would be doing less than 200k per month.

1 Like

I would just leave it alone. You might get the cops called on you.

Some still use the old print receipt system.

just ask for it and they will tell you. many small places like breakfast places will have a sticker saying “we do not issue receipts” to answer exactly this type of quetion.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a receipt from a breakfast place

5 Likes

Jesus. How do you sleep at night?

5 Likes

I’m ok with them not giving a receipt. After 5 years, I am confident of my luck, or lack of it, that I wont be winning any lottery.
I am just curious about the rule.

The local news talk about that some breakfast stores with the same brand issue invoices but others don’t issue invoices

同品牌早午餐店 部分門市不開發票、民眾疑惑

每天都要吃的早午餐,有民眾發現,同一個品牌不同分店,有的有開發票,有的沒開,讓人搞得霧煞煞,國稅局說 這是因為,每間分店營業情況 不同,不是看品牌,而是要看每個月營業額20萬以上就要開發票,連鎖總部回應,直營門市 都有開立統一發票,而加盟門市 因為經營主權屬加盟商,有的 有申請特許商號,所以免開發票。

2 Likes

Jesus doesn’t need to sleep, anymore.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter though, it’s their business and if they get fined, that’s their problem. You can ask to receive one, but if they don’t give 'em, I wouldn’t be trying to enforce it if anyone has that idea.

All the MWDs I’ve been to have given me a receipt… and a vibrator

1 Like

your going to fancy modern ones

1 Like

Actually it’s a very legit question. We pay taxes and some big companies …Might not . And yes you are losing out on the lottery.

Even worse is the fact that some pharmacies, even some chain store outlets , don’t issue receipts. :no_mouth:

Don’t ask me how they get away with it on multiple levels.

2 Likes

hmmm… operating outside of the normal parameters of a “breakfast store” eh? :laughing:

2 Likes

You may need a vaccine certificate to go there :wink:

1 Like

A place where frazzled mums can get more than just a caffeine buzz

3 Likes

I am going to say this is probably legit. Many breakfast places (including low-end MWD) have a sticker on the wall. They do not need to give 發票.

1 Like

Adding: a yellow sticker

2 Likes

Are they under different owners? Because most do give you one. I just assumed the ones that didn’t give you the receipt just forgot about it.

2 Likes

‘Forgot’

1 Like