Non alcoholic beer in taipei stores?

Not looking for Japanese or Taiwanese zero no alcohol beer.
Tried Carrefour( even some stores carry totally different products, havent gone to all Carrefours…)wellcome, RT , RJ ,EEC

I can drink any beer , this is for a deer :deer: friend .
In the past I quit drinking for 10 years in USA :us: and want my friend to experience the good non alcoholic beer that is out there.

Clauthauer amber is the best imo , i dont expect to find it in taiwan.

I saw some older threads and called around with no luck .Has anyone seen any in Taipei or tried any?

For all the alcohol use in taiwan im shocked not to see more options.

Thanks

Doesn’t seem to be a thing here. The set of people who like the taste of beer and the set of people who can drink alcoholic beverages overlaps closely here, so there’s not much of a market.

1 Like

The Jasons near 101. Alkoholfrei weissbier, if that would suffice. It’s been about six months since I bought it, try your luck.

Ya hehe. Otherwise the go to is probably malt drinks…?

I have only seen the new taiwan beer version.

Taiwan Beer’s Gold Medal line has a new zero % product.

1 Like

Funny a country with alcohol as the main drug consumed seems to be a great market for non alcoholic beers

malt is too sugar based.

Thanks i was wondering about Jasons, ill look into it

Buy normal beer, poor out and freeze, the part that’s not frozen is the alcohol, repeat. Drink.
That’s BTW how they make very high alcohol beer, but they throw away the part that’s frozen.

Buy normal beer, and just tell them it is very low alcohol.

1 Like

Ya the malts are crazy sweet. But dont forget than nonfermented sugar is a far nore popular drug than the processed ethanol. So it does well here.

I can see why its not a big thing here actually. If the drink isnt laced with a narcotic, then it better taste insanely extreme in some end. Trainer beers dont hit any of those nails so i fear you might have a hard time. Though maybe try some of the craft beer shops that have better quality brews from around the world. They might have some for the DD which would be awesome

most people in Taiwan get malts for a specific purpose… for their wives

1 Like

The time of the month they need more sugar.

Malt is used in Taiwan after a 9 month pause of the time of the month for a woman. Legend has it that malt increases the quantity of lactation.

I had a Prego tw wife yes i know about the malt sugar drink

Called 101 jasons market they said they dont have non alcoholic beer.
Somehow i believe a poster here more than an employee so i will ride my bike over to check it out tomorrow

Yeah it was in a can, tallish, with a Franziskaner like design. However I don’t think it actually was Franziskaner, but some other brand. No real big alcohol free logo emblazoned across it, it is just written as part of the product name. So you will need to look closely.

Vague I know, but purchased there in the 101 basement several times in the last year.

Bdog
I went to 101 jasons and no luck,
Was it a single can? Or a sixpack?

You gave me two names to find ( little confused)looked for both
Checked all beers that i didnt reconize and looked for posted % of alcohol

Well a dead end…

I

Single can.

Here’s the solution: malt. But not the sweet “black” ones. There is a not at all sweet “white malt” called 崇德發白麥汁. Carrefour carries it. Closest thing to beer I’ve ever found. Effective at satisfying my craving for beer. Unfortunately only 0.33 glass bottles, no cans.

Even though it’s made in Germany by Karlsberg, I’ve never seen it in Germany. I guess it’s not marketed as “Malzbier” in Germany (which is a kid’s drink), but maybe it’s one of their alcohol free beers re-labeled for Taiwan? Would be interesting to know.

Edit: add some info from later posts so that everything is on one post:

“white malt” 崇德發白麥汁: 2.3% sugar
Normal “black malt” of the same brand: ~15% sugar
Real beer: almost no sugar
Coors light: 1% sugar
Coors non-alcoholic: 8% sugar

2 Likes

I wonder how many calories or carbs per bottle.

Ok ill check this one , i tried 4 malts and they were sugar , more sugar and extra sugar.

First i will look at the sugar content , because i have tried lower sugar malts and they are still sweet.
Nothing like a beer

Trust me, I’m am German engineer :sunglasses:

Yeah, all “malt” I tried so far are super sweet. Hate it. Completely different to beer.

This one here seems simply mis-labeled as “malt”. It should be labeled as non alcoholic beer I think.

1 Like