Non-legal aspects regarding advantages of having Taiwan Citizenship

APRC JFRV holders can get Changhwa Telecom with no local guarantor no deposit. Anyone with a job can can get a credit card and bank loans without Taiwan ID. Comfy and I know foreign factory workers who have Taiwan credit cards.

I got credit cards bank loans car loans on my ARC in the 1990’s. Took some effort to get them but not impossible as some people claim. Many ARC holders married back then had no formal income they got paid in cash for part time work teaching English. I owned a company and got paid a salary. which is what financial institutions were looking for.

Name the banks that you claim wont issue a credit card to ARC holders

2 Likes

I’ve done my share of complaining, seeing managers, but with little result. You dont know me, so please stop making assumptions on what I have or have not done.

Ah to be one of the mere mortals without deity status.
Life wasn’t meant to be easy.

Mega bank. There are others mentioned in this forum. Please read my ost carefully - I said ‘certain companies’, not all.

There’s your problem! You didn’t bother to spend 5 minutes complaining

Your time is better spent on forums complaining about citizenship lol

How come other posters here with ARC’s got credit cards from Mega Bank then? Were you refused for being a foreigner? If so get it in writing from the bank as the staff are so happy to send out emails.

Then lodge a complain with the FSC, not some bank branch manager who does not set bank policy. I am a citizen and lodged a complain against Rikart Bank and my complaint is being addressed. I could not apply for the Rikart Credit card as I did not go to elementary school in Taiwan and it is a requirement to list the Taiwan elementary school you attended. They are going to change that so I can put nothing.

https://fscmail.fsc.gov.tw/POP30/

2 Likes

Too much time for him

I have no idea. Since you seem to know them, ask them. I’ll then take this evidence to my Mega. Thanks. Finally something useful.

I don’t know these people they have posted they got credit cards from Mega and other banks. So your claim that Mega refuse credit cards to foreigners seems misplaced.

So again… you don’t bother to actually complain through the proper channels?

See where this is a little self defeating?

1 Like

Again, you don’t know what i have or have not done, and have moved from rude to patronizing.

I claimed that Mega refused a credit card to me on the basis of being a foreigner.

I see you have been on this forums since 2005. From 2006 people started threads on how to get credit cards and loans as foreigners with not even having a local spouse. SO do not know why you have not been able to read those threads and get a credit card from Mega Bank when others have done so.

Mataiou

Nov 2022

Company: Mega bank
Card applied for: One i-Pass Mastercard
Date of application: Nov 2022
Date of approval: nov 2022
Date of arrival: nov 2022
Time from application to card received: About 3 weeks
Guarantor required? No
Secured deposit required? No
Apply where? By post, had to go to branch to retrieve the application form, couldn’t find it online
Credit limit given: $88,000, 10.46% (already down from my initial 16% with my first card back in May 2022)

Did you get them to tell you that in an email? Does it say that on the application form? Did you complain to the FSC for mega bank breaching the Immigration Act and the Financial Services Act.
It can and does happen that one branch will say you cannot do this or that as they failed to follow the laws of the land. No point complaining to a manager complain to the FSC.

foreigner forum member applied and got the Mega credit card…

1 Like

Or complain on a foreigners forum that you “have no dignity” in English on a foreigners forum where no one (including megabank) will care.

My suggestion…? Prioritize your time better

1 Like

Its good to complain on a forum for foreigners that Mega bank rejected you for a credit card because you are a foreigner when all these other foreigners are getting Mega Bank credit cards…

what has all this got to do with the advantages citizenship lol.

1 Like

I have credit cards from other banks, just not Mega. They actually told me they don’t give credit cards to foreigners. Anyway, in the examples you gave, one seems to be a debitcard, the other is in review.
Also, this is distracting from the main point of the thread, so let’s just leave this. It’s not about converting Mega. Thanks.

Yet @afterspivak has had a credit card with them for 20 years.
The threads mentioned were not about debit cards but credit cards.

Unless you think an 88k credit limit comes with a debit card. The time of review was at time of posting over a year ago then a couple weeks later card received. Does help if you read the whole thread.

1 Like

Ok, here though just a disclaimer. Mega Bank has “simplified” procedure for credit cards for Gold card holders (I have a gold card).

However, the card I applied for is not one of those they offer in the English promotional material for Gold card holders, I just went to the branch, got the application form (since can’t get it online anyhow), filled it in, mailed it to them with the supporting docs.

1 Like

Likewise, you should read the whole thread. It’s not about Mega. I only shared my own experience with them. If someone else got one from Mega, then yahoo, fair dues. But that’s not the point of this thread. Now, can you please stop commenting on my posts. If you want to meet in person to discuss this face to face, I’ll be back in Hsinchu on Monday. See you!