Nostalgia | How long has it been since you last

I remember a third one, but I don’t remember the name.

English-language newspaper[edit]

Competitors Taiwan News ceased print publication in 2010 and The China Post in 2015.

All kind of crap. Ha ha

I loved read Richard Hartzel’s (founding member of this forum and Moderator of the legal forum) articles in the China Post. It was a great mix of history and legal opinions.

2 Likes

How long has it been since you recycled for easy extra income…?
One plastic bottle… 2 dollars.
15 bottles, one baozi and a drink.
This little side hustle prety much covered my breakfast and lunch.

1 Like

Epic sharting and puking episode on the bus from Quito to Otavalo in Ecuador in 2012. Sharted all over my poncho. Damn street chorizos. I think the jungle smells turned on the locals.

Never done that.

In my late teens I was hitchhiking once. Ate a lot of unhealthy food. Then I suddenly had to go number 2 and could not find a place to do it in private in time. 15km from reaching home with shit in my pants I had to walk the rest of the way…

Last time you played with a model railway?

That was my favorite locomotive back then.

1 Like

That’s a nice train. But it ain’t a train unless it’s got steam :steam_locomotive: just joking.

This is the train set I got for my kid.

To him that was the top of the line set he saw in the department stores and was on his best behavior to earn it for some time.
As crocodile Dundee would say, “nice train set.”
5fd0a7f40f4a728a5d3eb721-medium
“Now, this is a train set.”
These things blew smoke, go foward and backward, had whistles, automatic crossing gates and anything else you’d like to add to it. You can control the speed remotely with a transformer that varied the amount of electricity on the tracks.
I couldn’t find them anywhere except an overpriced shop in the north. Shipping costs to Taiwan are out of our budget so…
No go…
Say. . Is a seventh grader too old for trains? Maybe it’s worth another look?

2 Likes

You are never too old for playing with trains, or playing anything. Stay young at heart until you die. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good lord. When was the last time anyone here hitchhiked? For me it was NZ, 1989.

Early 90s for me, l remember hitchhiking to the Pink Floyd Wall concert in Berlin after the fall of the Wall.

When was the last time you wore a leather jacket to a rock concert?

7 years ago. To a Brazilian rock band concert.
Last time you’ve played Tetris?

Must have been high school on a friend’s Ti-85 calculator.

When’s the last time you had a slurpee?

1 Like

11 years ago, in a 7-eleven on my way to BaiShaWan riding my bike from Danshui.
I wanted something cold, but realized I should have gone for a Super Supau instead, right after my first sip.

Last time you bought a vinyl disc?

1 Like

I had one at the Yong An Harbor sometime early May or late March.

I saw it available and just could not help myself. Brought me back to those hot summers I would have at home back in the states. My buddy and I would play tennis until almost midnight and grab a big slurpee to cool off. It always hit the spot.

3 Likes

At least 10 years, but probably closer to 20. I would if I could, but for some reason they’re not popular at 7/11s here (or elsewhere in Asia).

Damn, you must have one of those photographic memories.

1 Like

Must have been in the early 1980s. Probably a punk rock LP.

Last time you used a shaver like this one:

Much more practical than whatever you can find in the supermarket nowadays. Those blades are very multi-purpose.

1 Like

Only for useless bits of information!
:joy:

1 Like

Last fall I bought Led Zeppelin Mothership for my dad who has started collecting vinyl

Sunday, as part of my goal to reduce plastic in my life I switched to one of these a few years ago

2 Likes