Nostalgia | How long has it been since you last

Speaking of telephony, how long has it been since you used a WATS line? Are they still a thing outside of Government?

In rural areas of Canada, shared telephone lines were around into the 1980’s, if my memory serves me correctly. Each subscriber on the line had an assigned ring pattern.
I remember the comments when certain neighbours’ rings were heard. It seemed everyone knew everything about each other’s business.

1 Like

It was weird. We could hear them but they couldn’t hear us :slight_smile:

It’s been a year since I ate at those all you can eat pizza hut. And I was just about to go right before the #$%#$% pandemic got bad here.

Same here. I don’t often eat pizza, but when I do, I eat all I can eat. Just my bloody luck I got back to Taiwan a month before “lockdowns”. No hurry, I thought.

The thing I’m afraid of is being stuck with the abominations Pizza Hut often puts out… like bubble tea or that pig blood pizza.

Who comes up with these things?? I mean they might as well just start selling oyster omelettes instead of pizza if they are that desperate about capturing local tastes.

LOL. That’s just what I was thinking. They’ll remove the restrictions, I’ll head off to Pizza Hut, and they’ll have those abominations all lined up for me.

1 Like

yesterday I did, so 1 day.

1 Like

Did you lost a bet or something? :rofl:

My older kid gave us a cold look.

2 Likes

That’s the best part!

Yesterday.

About 10 years ago. Had a cool Charlie’s angels speakerphone too!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh1FC9JVkAAZ59i.jpg

Judge Dred. So 1995. Don’t rember much of the movie… :smiley:

5 Likes

Venezuela 1996-98. Somewhere in there.

3 Likes

Since you last played EverQuest?

Taped a coin to a tonearm to make it play through the scratches and beerstains on the record?
(played a record?)

Jammed a matchbook in beside an 8-track to stop it from getting the slows? (had a matchbook?

2 Likes

I think I never played that.
Escape from Monkey Island, however, is from about the same period and I’m still haven’t found any game as fun as that!

Memba ‘Dragon’s Lair?’

It was a huge thing when it came out.

1 Like

I thought it was terrible. And I stunk at it to boot!

It was so well designed…to extract maximum cash to complete the missions :slight_smile:

How long since your last pinball game?

I will always remember one English word I learned will playing those machines. Tilt!

5 Likes