Nostalgia | How long has it been since you last

Last night, in my basement. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

91~92 in Toronto at the bloor cinema up on the balcony.

Since I could not understand minsweeper for the life of me and solitaire just got way too easy.

I could spend an entire afternoon playing. A room with AC, some Super Supau and Cadina chips and I was set.

Timing is a bit blurry, but I would guess last time would be around 2001-2004.

4 Likes

When did you last use one of these?

A keyboard?!

1 Like

ergonomic keyboard, supposed to be more natural position for your wrists

Oh, I need that!
WFH haven’t been very… ergonomic

my god. I spent countless hours playing this as a kid. I totally forgot about the existence of it though until seeing this picture. Wild…

2 Likes

How long has it been since you played a Flash game like Yetisports Pingu Throw?

1 Like

Never.

How long since you were in a plane where smoking was allowed in the back?

Boggles my mind that this was still a thing like 25 years ago.

In 1990. Last 3 or 4 rows only. Haha

1 Like

I’ve got one. I’m in the process of swapping out the wire and switching it to modular.

Anyone know if it is broken or I made a mistake in wiring could I potentially hurt our home phone’s wiring?

I tend to have home improvement Tim Taylor’s luck on certain things…

Friends said there should be no problem.

I did smoke on the toilet of an Aeroflot in the early 90s together with a Russian friend who said “no prablem, carasho!”

1 Like

When was the last time you used this…

And maybe with this…

1 Like

I had a mouse with a ball of such size in 1997.

1 Like

I had one of them, but it was called a trackball.

1 Like

It had much better graphics in my memory!

Yes it was. I used to sell them. I worked in the product library of the American Mac / Micro Warehouse Store.

I wouldn’t mind trying to find one and try to use it again. Remember having more control with this than a mouse.

You probably recognize the girl on the front cover of the catalog.

When was the last time you bought for this place? They had a great employee discount and offered very low overnight shipping.
Their salaries were not so great.

1 Like

I really liked it. I used a trackball as the input device for the UI of a music sequencer application which - in retrospect - was considerably ahead of its time in that it accepted standard musical notation. This was on an 8-bit machine driving custom MIDI hardware. If I hadn’t been a lazy, broke 16-year-old I probably could have been a millionaire by now :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the mid-1990s, with the hot new video-game console everyone was talking about that had full motion video and even Nintendo support:

I was lucky enough to play it with this fancy gizmo:

4 Likes