Not getting matches on Tinder :(

That’s actually a pretty decent sized room. I was never short of dates in my 4 ping rooftop pad, so I’d be killing it in that Linkou pied-à-terre.

2 Likes

Slow down. You have no idea what a place linkou is.

Beats Sanchong or Xinzhuang.

1 Like

The first guy is cute. A bit too cute I’d think he’s not ready for a relationship and might carry STDs. no offense :joy: . I guess I’m really worried about hygiene problems lol

Well you got me there :joy: can’t really tell which is worse…

Sanchong, of course. That’s why they call it the “chrysanthemum of Taiwan.”

2 Likes

Back in my day was better you get to eyeball the girl in real life and if you like what you saw you say hi

I’m old schooled too. Can’t stand photoshop abuse. I’d rather see people with my own :eyes:

Not a girl so not seeing it from a girl perspective
But the first guy appears to have his girlfriends dog and the tshirt with the dog on it is kinda a girl thing
And the way he wears his ski cap is girly

Solution: lower your expectations. Most people are dissatisfied with Tinder, in spite of keeping going at it.

Basic pieces of advice are:

• few pictures are better than more. 2-3 will do; more than that and you run the risk of the girl noticing that one pic among your 12 that she doesn’t like, and swiping left. With just 2-3 pics the girl just sees small parts of you, and her imagination will flesh up the rest to your advantage. Also, if you got abs, show them.
  • add a short bio with something funny and that describes your style and shows that you’re not taking this whole thing seriously. “Let’s go to a rock concert, steal the band’s van and make a million selling their socks and toothbrushes.”

There’s enough English speakers here that you could find someone, so don’t worry about it.

Though honestly if you’re on any sort of campus, you’ll have much more success by just chatting up girls at random. Approach it as making friends, treat them like you would treat a guy friend, get their line and the game is on.

3 Likes

Better if you like girls that love the outdoors go outdoors and look for them

On tinder you don’t know where they like to be

Could be worse… you could end up with

1 Like

I don’t know…I like a girl with a few extra pounds.

Babe, come out in the garden, I got a surprise for you…

6 Likes

2 Likes

That’s what you call the second Pete Davidson effect. Funny pulls poonanny.

Most men aren’t Pete Davidson or David Spade, but even if you are, it’s really difficult to prove it in 1-2 sentences.

@quorthon123 You’re 18. Your best bet is to log off and hang out in places where you can meet other people your age. Your chances of meeting girls, either directly or through a circle of local friends you develop, are much higher than they will be on Tinder.

But if you insist on using Tinder, you should read up on Tinder’s algorithm. Google it.

Short summary: unless Tinder’s algorithm thinks you’re one of the “hottest” people in your area, your profile probably isn’t even being displayed to the women you’re swiping right on. In fact, compared to your expectations, very few women overall are probably even seeing your profile.

You can address this by purchasing boosts and Super Likes. When you Super Like someone, you’re basically circumventing Tinder’s algorithm and your profile will usually be displayed to them within the next few cards.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed. Just because you pay to be seen doesn’t mean that a woman will like you back. But if your expectations aren’t super unrealistic based on your physical attractiveness and you’re willing to spend enough money, you can basically buy matches on Tinder.

3 Likes

But they will still be banging those fit losers on the side though. The rich man is the sugar daddy.

That might be true, I have a pretty low success rate with Taiwanese women being Taiwanese myself. I’m not a huge muscle head, I would still be a big guy by US standards.

If you can’t come up with just one half-funny sentence I’ll go drop daisies on the grave of your sense of humor. And if you complain that 2 girls out of 3 don’t get your jokes, you’re taking things too seriously.

Same response to the whole look-at-the-algorithm thing: that’s taking things way too seriously. The only healthy way to use Tinder is with a good sense of apathy, or as someone put it: “Tinder is to fill up the time when I’m taking a shit.”

1 Like