Not making long term plans here that won’t survive the Red Dawn

Nk will never attack, if they do they will be destroyed. The Kim regime are having a great time milking aid while playing the sham role of a dangerous mad man. In reality they have no incentive to destroy the cozy and opulent lives of them and their cronies. They are black-hearted con artists who don’t give a fuck about their people

The Chinese threat is very much real

3 Likes

My key assumptions are the NTD will become worthless the moment the Red Dawn breaks and any property owned by foreigners will be confiscated.

The best time would have been 20 years ago when many people still considered themselves Chinese. Didn’t they say recently that only 2% consider themselves only Chinese?

The talk of invasion doesn’t make a lot of sense. How do they get troops in large numbers into Taiwan?
Preparations will be obvious far in advance. And Taiwan is well prepared for that.
However I feel an attack is definitely more possible than ever.

4 Likes

Taiwan isn’t sick and isn’t Hong Kong.

2 Likes

The military isn’t in good shape though. Underfunded , understaffed and antiquated. There is an argument that Taiwan’s military is sick. Taiwan should be similar to Israel in the seriousness taken to attack

4 Likes

The minute the PLA shows up in the skies over Taiwan the politicians will scatter like flies and the army will freeze like a deer in the headlights. God help those of us who aren’t prepared then.

2 Likes

No they couldn’t turn up because they will be shot down . Worry about missiles first.

1 Like

And there is a big protest from the blues when someone actually loses their ROC passport and nationality when taking the PRC’s say to avoid paying visa fees in Laos or some -stan.

2 Likes

The blue politicians might. That is why their children are in the US.

From someone who has actually been to war, how would you suggest we in Taiwan prepare for actual carpet bombing and racial slaughter by a dictatorship that has no moral compass? And no respect to international conventions? I mean, for the CCP, nuclear, chemical and biological warfare are not out of consideration.

And for those seeking to appease and surrender, remember: they want revenge, they want the land, and have stated several times the people are not necessary nor desired. A nice reeducation camp is too much for Taiwanese traitors.

So, again, how do we prepare?

2 Likes

Only keep enough of your savings in NTD to pay your bills and rent, don’t buy. Move the bulk of your assets out of the country sooner rather than later. Have a detailed escape plan. Don’t wait around to be told what to do. When the first shot is fired in anger that’s your cue to head for the door.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why CCP is invading. PLA will kick out all foreigners. In Hk foreign intervention by USA is the name of the blame game.

South China Sea is now militarised by CCP and south of Taiwan.

Today Hk, tomorrow Taiwan!

In news they’ve been flying over waters close to Taiwan in the past 1/2 weeks.

CCP has taken Hk land and now totalitarianism is gaining ground every day.

1 Like

In HK and China.
Not in Taiwan.

2 Likes

What are you waiting for, if you are so afraid and so few roots here you can go take a jump already. Seriously.

7 Likes

Not me. I won’t be doing any fighting, but I won’t be leaving voluntarily.

4 Likes