Not making long term plans here that won’t survive the Red Dawn

I’m not making any long term plans here that won’t survive the Red Dawn.

2 Likes

Citizenship for those who stay and fight?

5 Likes

None of us are fighting if there is a war. We are all getting the hell out of here

4 Likes

You’re assuming you’ll have the option to leave.

Unless China somehow had knowledge/head’s up that the US would stand down, a surprise saturation attack is China’s only hope. In this SHTF scenario, nobody here realistically has a chance of leaving beforehand.

5 Likes

Well that’s true, but if the option for evacuation is there , we are all taking it. See a lot of macho foreigners deluding themselves otherwise.

An untrained civilian is of zero use in modern warfare

5 Likes

The chances of this existing are very, very slim. Any foreigner who chooses to live in Taiwan should be realistic about this and have a game plan for what they’d do in this worst-case scenario. An emergency “go bag” and plan for where you’re going to try to go on-island in the case of attack are a must.

Agreed. Obviously. But with a little preparation, even regular people can increase their odds of survival in horrible situations.

3 Likes

I could see a few people on here staying to fight but the majority would get the hell out I suspect. Bravado tends to disappear when shtf.

1 Like

This is all really trivial , considering we are going to be invaded by the PLA pretty soon, I would give it 3 years max. Beg packers, tech nomads and Engrish teachers will all seem a cozy thing to look back on.
If I am wrong bump this post in three years to know if I am still alive lol

1 Like

When I mention this to Taiwanese they laugh at me. Is it only foreigners that are concerned about an invasion? Especially as China would carve through Taiwan like a hot knife through stinky tofu

1 Like

The PRC has had more than 70 years to do this, including moments of genuine turmoil in Taiwan.

Interesting that they keep talking loudly about it without actually trying.

Guy

13 Likes

Why do u say so with so much certainty?

1 Like

You won’t be getting out in a war.

3 Likes

Except for taking a bullet and reducing the enemy’s supply

1 Like

Well there will be no civilian flights in a war and no fishing boats to hire either

So maybe a stand up board and a paddle and a case of SWEAT by Pocari and start off from oluanpi heading south may be your best bet

5 Likes

The Red Dawn is already here! Have you any plans?

Witnessing the speed of CCP takeover in Hk this year during the pandemic maybe three years is an overestimate???

The Chinese expression of ‘I’ll finish you off when you’re sick’ is relevant here.

2 Likes

They never had real reasons to. That’s changing.

There has never been a better time to invade.

But the equation is still the same. If the PLA start a war and US and/or Japan join, then there is a chance the CCP will lose everything. The risk of a miscalculation could destroy the regime

5 Likes

I would say the best time to start is around now or a democratic win during the pandemic , and definitely before the Taiwanese F16 upgrades are ready. It is a part of Winnie the Pooh’s Great China completion plan. The last part (except maybe that place on the Indian border where they are having stick fights :rofl:)

1 Like

I lived in SK for 5 years, having NK threaten to obliterate us with missiles was a near daily thing.

Compared to that, this is kind of a cakewalk.

3 Likes