Not working? No income? How long can you last?

Believe whatever you want, sweetheart. It absolutely is.

Millions of animals were culled because restaurants and schools were closed down. Yup. Totally happened.

Yes after they were tested positive and it spread rapidly in the workforce. Not because of a ā€˜sneezeā€™. Same happened in meat processing plants globally.

Besides this is irrelevant.

1 Like

Would you guys believe the New York Times?

One Minnesota hog farmer sealed the cracks in his barn and piped carbon dioxide through the ventilation system. Another farmer has considered gassing his animals after loading them into a truck. And a third shot his pigs in the head with a gun. It took him all day.

These are dark days on many American pig farms. Coronavirus outbreaks at meatpacking plants across the Midwest have created a backlog of pigs that are ready for slaughter but have nowhere to go. Hundreds of thousands of pigs have grown too large to be slaughtered commercially, forcing farmers to kill them and dispose of their carcasses without processing them into food.

FFS, youā€™re even in the U.S., do you not ever go to a grocery store? Do you just never look at prices?

1 Like

The animals were tested? Wut?

In Taiwan we could ā€œsurviveā€ decades. Back on topic!

Not normally but Iā€™m agreeing with you ya numpty.

What are you charging? Maybe you should post that in the place to sell things.

In some ways, itā€™s the best time to be selling guitars. I honestly have considered trying to learn. Stuck at home a lot. I canā€™t be the only one.

Add some a online teaching and there you go.

Partner with others.

Good luck.

2 Likes

My bad, I thought you were writing that sarcastically.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the price of hogmeat in the US got to do with working and surviving in Taiwan ?

Look at the thread topic.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say if there is a larger shutdown the same things will happen. Pigs and fowl need time to grown and mature. If restaurants are closed who gonna eat all that pig?

1 Like

Itā€™s too early for sarcasm.

Itā€™s not really relevant here unless you are working in a meat processing factory ?

Anybody anybody ?

Nope. :sunglasses::grin:

2 Likes

This particular guitar I will charge 20,000. I donā€™t have a case so you will have to buy your own. Cases for this shape can be problematic because it is larger body than even Martin D style, meaning most guitar cases will not fit it. Gig bags for acoustic bass should work however.

Or I can make a custom case for you but I donā€™t see how itā€™s necessary as they do make cases for this style of guitar. A Gibson J200 case will fit.

Because this guitar is used I am not offering any warranty on this particular guitar except for setup related stuff (like I can do small adjustments here and there).

Normal guitar commission will start at about 80,000NT for a guitar of any shape (within reason, lower bout of up to 16"), with sitka spruce top and mahogany or rosewood back and sides. I will repost this particular guitar on Formosified.

1 Like

Thousands of organic chickens are put out of a job and culled every time a bird with bird flu flies over the farm.

Luckily I have a public teaching gig, and weā€™re protected through July of 2022. I checked with my agent and even if we go to level 4, as Iā€™m the only foreign teacher, there are ways to work with the schools via online courses. But my wifeā€™s family restaurant is taking a huge hit in income for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

As someone who used to work in the field of material production: THIS.

Plus the child care factor.

Minister Chen has said it: no hard lockdown.

Today the minister of Economic Affairs also said it: we need to keep the high tech factories running because the world depends on what Taiwan makes.

We can send all non essential home but factories need to keep running. And for that, schools need to take care of kids.

English teachers are still needed because the content is targeted to tests, not actual acquisition. The places that do acquisition are few and expensive.

The illegal kindergarten for example, they are already paying premium to stay open when not in plague times, could be tempted by the cheap online stuffā€¦but they are not into spending one more cent than necessary. And the folk that pay through the nose for those places are well connected.

Those of you in the public or medium strata should not be that worried. Hang on for a few weeks, maybe months, of reduced work. But they need you to make business, and online has not prospered because of danger of stealing ideas. That is one of the anathemas of local bosses.

Do not think this will be the same as abroad. Taiwan is itā€™s own beast, especially regarding education.

2 Likes

How did this thread get onto pigs and factory farming?

2 Likes

I think there are people with families, that are not foolish with money but they just dont have the luxury of having large savings. If they are teachers in bushibans, what assistance if any can they receive, this is a real world problem occurring now. i think it will affect members of the foreigner community, maybe people you know.

Teaching is not my primary income, but actually I have lost both my incomes the last week, but i know a few in this situation.

and yes its hard for everyone, but i have heard Taxi drivers remark ā€œwe only make 1000nt a day nowā€ well thatā€™s 1000nt more than me and quite a few others.(not getting on taxi drivers just an example)

2 Likes

im confused, why wouldnt schools be contracting teachers in the fall?

I have a group of restaurants that I often go to in normal times. Iā€™ve specifically made an effort to go out and get some meals (to take home) from these restaurants exactly for this reason.

4 Likes