Notes from the move

All seems ok now. Good job MaPoSquid!

I think the invalid session error have something to do with the cookie settings in phpbb (because when I got them, I also got logged out. Oh yeah, I’ve gotten some more this morning). I’d get the forums.forumosa.com subdomain hooked back up and make sure the proper cookie setting are there.

Edit: Well, I didn’t get logged out that time. I still think it has something to do with cookie settings. Took 10 tries to post this.

I’m not getting any of the “Notifications” emails since the move.

Because I couldn’t post or reply earlier, I emailed you about that problem (persistent login requests from the system). It seems that everything is back to normal now, for those features.

Again, lots of work, great job. I really appreciate your efforts.

Seeker4

Posting performance right now is just like eating a Bit O’Honey. I had a double post in the Events thread. When I tried to click again, it said that I couldn’t post another one so quickly etc.

I’m still getting invalid session errors (and don’t think it has anything to do with DNS). Do a search on www.phpbb.com for Invalid_session and you’ll get a bunch of tips and tricks to try. This is something I saw a few people suggest/.

[quote=“A few people on phpbb.com”]Just open phpMyAdmin->select your database->click the SQL tab->and enter this command:

TRUNCATE TABLE phpbb_sessions;

That MIGHT fix your problem.[/quote]

Here’s a way to check what your cookie settings should be, I tested it and it worked for me.

I didn’t try saving the settings though, but the correct settings showed up.

Me, too. I wonder if it’s related to sendmail or whatever it is we are supposed to be using for mail on this forum. Let’s ask MaPo and Feiren which mailer is set up on this server…

… ahem, uh, MaPo… Feiren… uh, which mailer is set up on this server?

Me, too. I wonder if it’s related to sendmail or whatever it is we are supposed to be using for mail on this forum. Let’s ask MaPo and Feiren which mailer is set up on this server…

… ahem, uh, MaPo… Feiren… uh, which mailer is set up on this server?[/quote]
Erm … thingie?

(My all-purpose answer, thanks to BFM.)

Ok, I’ll try to figure it out. What exactly is supposed to happen, anyway? I’ve never used these notification whatsits.

You’re supposed to get copies of all new posts to a particular topic in email as soon as they are posted.

I’m also not getting any of the usual “someone replied to your post” and “you have a new private message” mails either, so it’s quite possible that all email is broken. (I checked my spam folder even, it’s not a broken filter.) A lot of hosted servers break mail intentionally to make it harder for spammers to abuse broken cgi scripts, so you might want to ask if there’s some special invocation needed to send out mail.

What’s with the awful paisleyesque floral pattern and the demented smiley face at the top of the page?

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]What’s with the awful paisleyesque floral pattern and the demented smiley face at the top of the page?

Brian[/quote]

“paisleyesque floral pattern”? I think you might be getting an acid flashback son.

It’s gone now. It was there earlier, and at lunchtime. The demented smiley is gone too. Replaced by the Forumosa logo.

More likely Mapo was deliberately trying to make me think I was having an acid flashback (I know I can’t have been having a real acid flashback, because they don’t exist).

Brian

It’s gone now. It was there earlier, and at lunchtime. The demented smiley is gone too. Replaced by the Forumosa logo.

More likely Mapo was deliberately trying to make me think I was having an acid flashback (I know I can’t have been having a real acid flashback, because they don’t exist).

Brian[/quote]
Like awesome, I’m a tree. :rainbow:

I haven’t touched the site all day. Can’t do it from work. I take it that you are serious that something weird was at the top of the page(s)?

[quote]I take it that you are serious that something weird was at the top of the page(s)?
[/quote]

Oh yeah.

Don’t tell me I’m the only one that saw it.

OK, I won’t.