NOVA is gone! Anyone else notice?

NOVA computer mall in Taipei across from main station is gone! It’s all boarded up and plastered with billboards for HM clothes which is going in. Just what we need, another big brand clothing megastore. There are less and less places to buy computer stuff. Where did all the shops in NOVA go?

Ba De road is is not as good as it used to be. There used to be three decent shops selling old/used computer stuff. Now there is just one. As far as components go, we’ll still have them in the underground mall as long as Taipei university of tech is there.
I’ve got to get over to Xi Ning market building behind the tax office and see how that area is doing.

When did NOVA close? Just curious.

Yes, they closed at the end of 2014, and all the businesses inside moved to the Guanghua Market area.

A pity. It was near my workplace.

Here’s an article from the China Post about the closure, from December 2014:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/busi … OVA-to.htm

In Taiwan they usually put similar businesses (hardware street, shoe street, …) together in one street, so a NOVA computer store around the trainstation was odd to begin with.

[quote=“neesh”]NOVA computer mall in Taipei across from main station is gone! It’s all boarded up and plastered with billboards for HM clothes which is going in. Just what we need, another big brand clothing megastore. There are less and less places to buy computer stuff. Where did all the shops in NOVA go?

Ba De road is is not as good as it used to be. There used to be three decent shops selling old/used computer stuff. Now there is just one. As far as components go, we’ll still have them in the underground mall as long as Taipei university of tech is there.
I’ve got to get over to Xi Ning market building behind the tax office and see how that area is doing.[/quote]

People are lazy, don’t move from their chair, people buy on line now.

Is there any other Nova in Taipei city? I don’t think so. Taoyuan has one across from train station.

They tend to have a few things not found at Guanghua area.

No. The Xinzhuang one also closed many years ago.

What are you looking for?

Almost all the businesses that were in Nova moved to the Guanghua Market area.

It seems like Nova has a different group of shops and items.

Ya there’s also a huge new building in Guanghua that dropped the covers, has beautiful facade, getting ready to open it seems.

So much stuff available anywhere in the world like USA or China but not in Taiwan.

I’m looking for ereader brands that aren’t available in Guanghua Syntrend shops.

Specially, new phone size Inkpalm. Xiaomi InkPalm 5 Mini e-reader - Good e-Reader.

Also would be nice to see Sony and other ereader and eink brands especially Android based.

NOVA was pretty pointless unless you wanted to pick from a huge selection of blank CD-R’s differing only in what cute screenprints were put on the top surface.

Guanghua is much better about having different kinds of businesses in it. I was in there a few weeks ago and found one shop selling Russian Vostok brand analog watches.

Well ya. So many people available as well! Taiwan’s numbers are like rounding off errors compared to other markets.

Niche stuff is best obtained online.