Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

Plague?

I like the hotel and especially the atmosphere and the restaurant downstairs.

Donā€™t really care for her attitude though.

How about not wearing a mask, then non of the problems arise.

1 Like

Was in the checkout line at Wellcome. Guy in front of me sneezed and scratched his nose. Then, with the same hand and fingers, he opened his Line pay on his phone and handed it to the cashier. She took his phone, scanned it, handed it back to him and then with that same hand she rubbed her eye.

My purchase came out to an exact 300nt. Gave her the cash and told her to keep the receipt. She could put it in that donation box thing they have.

It was weird. Like watching a disaster happening in slow motion. All of it avoidable.

The irony of it was both of them were wearing masks. His was pulled down under his nose.

This is how it spreads.

16 Likes

FIFY

That happens when you too much rely on the non-Taiwanese foreigners from across the strait.

:wink:

2 Likes

In her and his case itā€™s compatriots!

2 Likes

Reminds me of Jaws

2 Likes

It is Heping Hospital all over againā€¦ remember the US CDC guys got infected there?

@SuiGeneris maybe if someone did a short of that, people would have that Eureka moment and realize how viruses are transmittedā€¦

My coworker got scolded for talking /on the street/ without her mask on by an elderly neighbor. You want to kill us all!, she screamed at her. Out in the openā€¦

F**k yeah!

1 Like
2 Likes

Mainland China logic - you donā€™t have cancer, AIDS, Rabies, smallpox, etc., if you are not getting treatment.

At the end of the day, it is all numbers, this virus doesnā€™t even exist.

Our Cecc is pretty based.

2 Likes

Makes absolute sense, they chose Chinese citizenship for their children over Taiwanese. Why should tax payers here foot the bill for citizens of another country to arrive on mass?

8 Likes

Saw a guy yesterday in an MRT station push his mask down and blow his nose directly into his fingers - like no tissue - then he pushes his mask up over his face again and proceeds to the escalator with the snotty :raised_hand:

on 18 January the Wuhan authorities allowed a massive community banquet to take place, involving more than 40,000 families.

The aim was to set a record for the most dishes served at an event.

Two days later, China finally confirmed that human-to-human transmission was indeed taking place.

Most remarkable of all perhaps, the following day, Wuhan held a Lunar New Year dance performance, attended by senior officials from across the surrounding province of Hubei.

A state media report of the event, since hurriedly deleted but captured here, says the performers, some with runny noses and feeling unwell, ā€œovercame the fear of pneumoniaā€¦ winning praise from the leadersā€.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

They are trying to explain on tv whatā€™s the background. So far, like one guy says that if the child is born in China, the parents have to apply for kid to have residence in Taiwan for 5 to 9 years before getting nationality. Uh?

Anyways, there are several issues regarding how to bring the Taiwanese businesspeople back:

1. Many places you canā€™t get in or out. They are under quarantine.
  2. There are no planes flying out
1 Like