Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

Probably a wise move

I was wondering about this one. I suppose they can still change their minds.

2 Likes

And in the “we cannot afford to close shop department” news:

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if flying from Japan or Korea will result in a 14 day self quarantine in Taiwan? My Taiwanese in-laws told me this information but I wasn’t able to find anything in English about it so I’m not sure if it’s true.

This kind of thing always brings out the worst in people.

Coronavirus-man!

Russian prankster faces 5 years in prison for faking Coronavirus symptoms in public! What an ass clown!

1 Like

Fear not, everything is under control. The nurse will be with you soon.

4 Likes

Here is the photo.
The guy hasn’t been in touch since he sent this 2 days ago:

6 Likes

Somone I know was supposed to do a visa run to South Korea tonight (he had cancelled a flight to Singapore this week due to thinking he could run into trouble). Flight is cancelled due to the virus.
Someone else I know flew into Taipei today from LA on an empty flight.
I can see scores of flights being cancelled to Taiwan.

2 Likes

And another doctor bites the dust!

2 Likes

Things are getting out of hand!

Citizens are sick of the red arm banded thugs acting like nazis, so they are fighting back!

Citizens Fighting Back!!
‪‬

Wow…the plastic “bandou” stools are a nice touch.

Cases are above 200 in South Korea. :flushed:

It was 20 something 3 days ago.

2 Likes

Oh… I don’t mind that at all.

1 Like

15 min ago

Iran confirms total 18 coronavirus cases and 4 deaths

From CNN’s Fred Pleitgen in Tehran

There have been two more coronavirus deaths in Iran, and 13 new cases of the virus, according to the country’s health ministry.

According to the latest laboratory reports 13 more contractions of coronavirus have been confirmed, including 7 in Qom, 4 in Tehran, and two in Gilan. Unfortunately, out of these cases two have lost their lives," health ministry spokesman Kianoosh Jahanpour tweeted Friday. "Most of the cases are residents of Qom or have traveled to Qom in recent days and weeks,” Jahanpour added.

Confirmed cases in Iran: There are now 18 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Iran, with four deaths.

8 Likes

Crap, that was quick. I wonder how many undetected cases they had before realizing there was something dodgy going on.

2 Likes

They are holding to the Olympics for their life. They said in an early statement they will not cancel the Olympic Games under any condition. I felt it was very immature to speak to media that way, let’s see if they will bite their tongue.

1 Like

Maybe they’re just trying to keep confidence up, but it definitely makes sense to keep their options open.

1 Like

The Coronavirus is reported to be within the prison system now.