Obama Smear Sampler

There used to be a bright, shining line between the profound and the ridiculous. Now it all goes down like a big, steaming glass of Kool-Aid and we end up mired in debates about whether something is satire or stereotype and exactly why it is that we’re fighting the war du jour.[/quote]
Spook -
You takin’ Jackie and Dunlap waaaaaaay too seriously.

And doing a darn fine job of mixin’ them metaphors…keep flingin’…somethin’s bound to stick to that wall of ambiguity.

The beauty of American politics is not to show what is good about candidates, but to dig up as much shit as they can about their opponents. When I was in elementary school they taught us this quote:

“You don’t have to blow out my candle to make yours shine brighter.”

I think it’s about time for American political pundits to go back to school.
:unamused:

In the end, whoever gets elected, how important is it to know what his opponents may or may not have done when they take office compared to what they are going to do in office? Why are most political campaigns based on the former rather than the latter with people being satisfied by the vague statements both candidates are espousing. Why are we surprised when candidates whose campaigns run chiefly on smear tactics tend to produce horrendous results when elected to office?

In a country where words are apparently far more important than actions, is it any surprise the economy is slumping faster than a naked drunk on Christmas night in Siberia?

McCain is desperate, he has nothing positive to offer about himself so all he can do is trying to put Obama into a negative light.
The strategy didn’t work so well when he was running against Bush but perhaps he will learn from this mistake later.
His so-called foreign policy experience is trying to pick a fight and now that even Bush has agreed that talking to Iran might not be such a bad idea, something that Obama supports but McCain opposes, he must feel pretty embarrased, too.

And his ad where Obama’s celebrity status is mocked is hypocritical as he is taking money from the Hilton family, he also has played a small cameo role in a movie (The Wedding Crashers). Not to mention his ill-temper and age, McCain as president would IMO be a liability and not just result in a “3rd term” but quite likely make things worst.

Oh, and he isn’t even president yet and already starts spreading lies (that Obama cancelled a trip to visit wounded troops because he couldn’t bring cameras) and even repeating them after those on the trip corrected his claims.

A new book out that has jumped to #1. Sure to be a major source of controversy. The truth has a habit of doing that.

Obama Nation author television interview -Pts 1 & 2

(not a fan of the host; this is the authors first major media appearance and he does cover the important parts of the book)

The more ya know…

Ask about OdingaObama in Africa: Unanswered Questions About What He Said and Did in Kenya, 2006

[quote=“Rascal”]McCain is desperate, he has nothing positive to offer about himself so all he can do is trying to put Obama into a negative light.
The strategy didn’t work so well when he was running against Bush but perhaps he will learn from this mistake later.
His so-called foreign policy experience is trying to pick a fight and now that even Bush has agreed that talking to Iran might not be such a bad idea, something that Obama supports but McCain opposes, he must feel pretty embarrased, too.

And his ad where Obama’s celebrity status is mocked is hypocritical as he is taking money from the Hilton family, he also has played a small cameo role in a movie (The Wedding Crashers). Not to mention his ill-temper and age, McCain as president would IMO be a liability and not just result in a “3rd term” but quite likely make things worst.

Oh, and he isn’t even president yet and already starts spreading lies (that Obama cancelled a trip to visit wounded troops because he couldn’t bring cameras) and even repeating them after those on the trip corrected his claims.[/quote]

Lol, did you watch that daily show episode too?

Yeah, you gotta kinda feel bad or that poor girl. Especially after giving money to big Cheif John McCain.

Oh well.

McCain smears Obama for not going to the military hospital. But he would have smeared him if he had gone. It’s a win-win situation for the Straight Talker. Or is that a smear-smear situation?

The sad thing is that the smear campaign seems to be working.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]McCain smears Obama for not going to the military hospital. But he would have smeared him if he had gone. It’s a win-win situation for the Straight Talker. Or is that a smear-smear situation?

The sad thing is that the smear campaign seems to be working.[/quote]

A fitting symbolic change to reflect the new American reality would be to replace the increasingly worthless U.S. one-dollar bill with George Washington’s picture on it with a new two-dollar bill with Joseph McCarthy’s picture on it.

More bang for your buck as they say.

As a nice added touch “In God We Trust” could be replaced with “You’re Either With Us Or You’re Against US.”

I also think an increasingly irrelevant July 4th should be replaced with September 11th. We could call it “Patriot Day” in honor of the new reality.

But Mr cowboy,

Even you gotta to agree that some of these attack ads are ridiculous.

Especially the one that blames Obama for higher gas prices… ehhh nooo.

Honestly, why would anyone want their country run by a man whose campaign slogan is “Yeah, but Obama…”?

After this campaign, I suggest they make a few changes to the United States.

The new official language: Whinging

The new symbol: two finger pointing at each other

The new national animal: Bull

The new currency: soundbites

The newest state: Denial

The new national anthem: Walking Contradiction by Green Day

[quote]Do as I say not as I do because
The shit so deep you can’t run away
I beg to differ on the contrary
I agree with every word that you say
Talk is cheap and lies are expensive
My wallet’s fat and so is my head
Hit and run and then I’ll hit you again
I’m a smart ass but I’m playing dumb
Standards set and broken all the time
Control the chaos behind a gun
Call it as I see it even if
I was born deaf, blind and dumb
Losers winning big on the lottery
Rehab rejects still sniffing glue
Constant refutation with myself
I’m a vicitm of a catch 22
I have no belief
But I believe
I’m a walking contradiction
And I ain’t got no right[/quote]

This was Kathy Hiltons response to the ad featuring her daughter.

[quote]I’ve been asked again and again for my response to the now infamous McCain celebrity ad. I actually have three responses. It is a complete waste of the money John McCain’s contributors have donated to his campaign. It is a complete waste of the country’s time and attention at the very moment when millions of people are losing their homes and their jobs. And it is a completely frivolous way to choose the next President of the United States.[/quote] huffingtonpost.com/kathy-hil … 16593.html

Further proof that Paris was adopted…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Spook -
So you’re 86’ing your US citizenship, right?
Just tired of having that albatross around yer neck?
Its, the US, about the only thing you consistently bitch & moan about with any specific clarity.

Oh but I criticize because I love it!”…"Its my right to criticize! You just want to oppress me!"yeah…sure cupcake. Sell that ‘victocrat mentality’ somewhere in the cheap seats…they love that crap…eat it up like fried ice cream. Its smelling like 4 day old fish here in the lounge seating.[/quote]

You think I’m criticizing America? You need to pay closer attention. I’m criticizing you phony patriots and the way you’ve fucked up our country with the excuse that you had to coarsen it to protect it. You think the original patriots, George Washington and his co-founders, would be happy if they came back and saw what state the country is in? And don’t think you’d be able to lecture them about terrorism. The American Indian warriors they faced were as brutal and merciless towards noncombatants as any terrorists we face today and they faced them with a lot less advantage in weaponry than we have today.

online.wsj.com/article/SB1217811 … lenews_wsj

8% to 20%, white and black respectively, say that race is the TOP issue.

However, the larger numbers that aren’t given here are that most people, black and white and other think the question is shortbus.

But I hear the new McCain attack ad will feature the theme from the Jeffersons.

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Spook -
So you’re 86’ing your US citizenship, right?
Just tired of having that albatross around yer neck?
Its, the US, about the only thing you consistently bitch & moan about with any specific clarity.
Oh but I criticize because I love it!”…"Its my right to criticize! You just want to oppress me!"yeah…sure cupcake. Sell that ‘victocrat mentality’ somewhere in the cheap seats…they love that crap…eat it up like fried ice cream. Its smelling like 4 day old fish here in the lounge seating.[/quote]You think I’m criticizing America?[/quote]Good job…I only had to post that 1 time.[quote=“spook”]You need to pay closer attention.[/quote]All too true on occasion…lets see what that brings…[quote=“spook”]I’m criticizing you phony patriots and the way you’ve fucked up our country with the excuse that you had to coarsen it to protect it.[/quote]I did all that? I had no idea I was wielding such great power. I’m definitely being underpaid for such omnipotence. Interesting (not really, but I always cut you some slack Spook) theory you seem to be semi-formulating as you go along. “Coarsen it to protect it”…is that it? “Phony Patriots”…? We might be seeing something here Spook. Work on this theory, develop it further and focus on rounding this out into something more tangible. Might be worth discussing once I can actually understand WTF you’re trying to say.[quote=“spook”]You think the original patriots, George Washington and his co-founders, would be happy if they came back and saw what state the country is in?[/quote]About somethings I think they would. About others I think they would be greatly dissatisfied. Probably upset that glove-slapping miscreants and dueling is no longer allowed. Replaced by tort-law and litigation. The results are just not the same.[quote=“spook”]And don’t think you’d be able to lecture them about terrorism.[/quote]Wrong here my fellow American. I think that I would be able to lecture them quite sufficiently on how terrorism has become a shaping element in todays world political/economic and cultural scenario. Be certain they would grasp its evolution from their time to what it has morphed into in todays world with state-sanctioned actions competing with rogue criminal use of the tactics of terror. It might take a bit to get them to believe that it has been allowed to grow to this level by the ‘appeasement’ group, and the ‘lets talk with them’ group and the ever-present ‘we must understand why they are blowing up children and non-military targets’ group. And I darn sure think they would have a terrible difficulty understanding the ‘America is to blame for being attacked’ group. I can see a few wigs getting scratched off the head on that attempt. But I think they’d get the picture as to how far from their OI(original idea) the country has been allowed to wander.[quote=“spook”]The American Indian warriors they faced were as brutal and merciless towards noncombatants as any terrorists we face today and they faced them with a lot less advantage in weaponry than we have today.[/quote]Huh? What do mean we paleface? Is al-Quieda using bow & arrows instead of buried 155 round in their IEDs now?

[quote=“spook”]Have a nice day!

Back to the OT of the thread…Obama…
from Powerline:

[quote][url=http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/08/021153.php]An Obama con (unredacted version)[/url]

Yesterday we noted the New York Times column by our friend Major Eric Egland. In his column Eric commented on Obama’s sermon to the Germans calling for an American-European partnership to defeat terrorism. Citing examples from his personal experience in military intelligence, Major E. points out that we already have a highly successful counterterrorism partnership with the European Union. It’s the partnership cultivated by the Bush administration in the wake of 9/11. Either Obama is unaware of it or he is taking advantage of the ignorance of his audiences.

I asked Eric if the Times had cut anything from his column that might be of interest to our readers. Indeed it had. Eric has sent us the parts of his column that the Times left on the cutting room floor, not fit to print.

First, perhaps not wanting to shock its readers unduly, the Times cut this unadmiring concession from Eric’s column:

[i]"To his credit, Senator Obama focused some attention on the terrorism that continues to threaten families and cities in the US, Europe and around the world. Despite canceling a planned visit to the troops who have given blood fighting terrorists, and spending more time discussing the threat of climate change, Senator Obama at least seems to recognize the importance of confronting terrorism."[/i] 

The Times has previously addressed Obama’s cancelled visit to Landstuhl in an article by Jeff Zeleny, finding that the “assert[ion] that Mr. Obama chose to go to the gymnasium over visiting troops, is not entirely accurate.” How so? “Instead of going to Landstuhl on Friday morning, Mr. Obama also conducted an interview with CNN in his hotel in Berlin.” So there.

The Times also cut the last three paragraphs of the column as submitted. Here they are:

[i]"In 2004, the top State Department counter-terrorism official testified about such success before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Subcommittee on European Affairs. Interestingly, Senator Obama now chairs the same committee yet has not held a single hearing to become informed about the US-EU counter-terrorism partnership.

He explains that he has been too busy campaigning while maintaining that he possesses sound judgment. Yet, in matters of international cooperation against terrorism, the best judgment is informed judgment. As a potential commander-in-chief, Senator Obama would do well to study the successful US-EU counter-terrorism partnership and support its continued success.

One way to do that when overseas is not to focus on dazzling a public that envisions the next Kennedy gracing Berlin’s streets. Instead, he can learn from the intelligence and law enforcement professionals in Europe who protect the public. Otherwise, they may revise the famous quote in honor of Senator Obama: “Ich bin ein Beginner.”[/i] 

Eric’s conclusion explicitly makes the point regarding Obama’s apparent ignorance of highly important facts that is otherwise implicit in Eric’s column, and it does so with an irreverent attitude. In cutting these paragraphs the Times is working carefully to maintain the relevant taboos regarding The One.[/quote]

Obama fans might also want to check out this video…Obama on your shoulder…quite nice!

You’re right. That was very much OT. In fact, it was one of the best Obama smears I have read in a while. :laughing:

Only in todays’ weird political menagerie is the truth considered a ‘smear’…anyway…glad to help ya.

As always I am grateful for you suggesting I should remove the sliver in my eye.

Use them peepers on this one and cogitate…

Obama’s Birth Certificate and the Suppression of Free Speech

Quite frankly, IMO, its this kind of activity that folks should be riled up about. This is border-line domestic terrorism in my thoughts. Organized crime if not more.

Where’s RICO when ya need it?

From the article linked by TC:

Slippery slope if we agree this to be correct and apply it to McCain (and Bush) …

And if anyone thinks supression of speech / censorship only happens to Republicans you would be mistaken of course:
Al Giordano’s blog The Field censored

Funny how it always works both ways but we are only told about one side.