Objectivity and bias in media

It’s how they play fairness.

And this gem…from hotair which doesn’t make the rounds at RCP much…

So Rubin took the quote out of context to make it sound as if the Taliban were “asking not telling” but the article she pulled it from made it clear the Taliban was telling not asking. This isn’t a mistake on her part; it’s a lie of omission. But, hey, whatever it takes to defend the Biden administration.

Rubin is most likely still working for the WaPo

God she’s such an idiot. I literally can’t read anything she writes.

“Healthy”

1 Like

So they both got covid, the unhealthy, unvaccinated guy just won his triathlon, and the healthy, vaccinated woman who ate more than my family eats in 4 days just for one breakfast just died? Perhaps there’s a lesson or 2 here?

Of course: it’s the fault of the unvaccinated!

1 Like

this can’t be legit, this must be one of your meme-y news gags again; link or it doesn’t count

Yes, it’s satire. :grin:

The breakfast gives it away…the winning of the triathlon is just the icing on the cake.

1 Like

I have a NYT subscription (obviously), so I signed up for his newsletter. I don’t really understand why it’s a newsletter, rather than just putting his stuff on the site, but fine, I’ll reluctantly look at my email if I must.

Meanwhile, the NYT is profitable and has been for a while, as I understand it. I expect having a wider range of voices would make them more profitable, though. Even I get a little tired of their op-ed section.

1 Like

It’s becoming a very popular format, and maybe a bit of a threat at a time when the news business has lost their main cash cow. It seems a little silly for them in a way, but maybe he gets more editorial independence in the format, something people who have gone to places like Substack have been enjoying.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of that, but it makes sense. Although I sort of think they should find the courage to just let him say what he has to say on the public website.

1 Like

Well, it’s still under their banner. I’ll give them props for it. That’s the first time I’ve said that about anything at NYT for a while!

Read Reuters.

1 Like

All you had to do is literally sit and watch the event…on FF, ffs.

1 Like

Rachel Madcow at it again. Did she manage to cry when she reported the story she was told to tell I wonder?

This one is fun in that everyone involved seems to be just making shit up:

• It’s impossible to tell from the heavily edited interview on kfor.com whether he actually said “ERs are backed up with ivermectin overdoses”, or just “ERs are backed up” and “some people are having side effects from ivermectin” as separate statements. I can’t find the original, but I’ve seen suggestions it was the latter.

• Maddow obviously didn’t do any due diligence before retweeting it.

• That statement from Sequoyah seems to be reassuring their own patients about their own, single hospital, and isn’t accusing Dr. McElyea of anything – like it says, he hasn’t been working there recently.

• Josh Barnett obviously hasn’t done any due diligence either

So it’s an embarrassment on all sides. Maddow should know better, though. I guess none of us expect congressional candidates to know better anymore.

1 Like

The text below the video said,
“Dr. McElyea said patients are packing his eastern and southeastern Oklahoma hospitals after taking ivermectin doses meant for a full-sized horse, because they believed false claims the horse de-wormer could fight COVID-19.”

Right. But the edited video doesn’t support that connection, and it’s unclear whether he actually said it.

It would have been nice to see statements from hospitals in the relevant areas.