Objectivity and bias in media

Oh no. I feel there are more. So you admit you had numerous smurfs? That’s against the rules. Breaking rules is something liars do, you know.

Aww, more deflection? Why DID you feel the need to have so many different simultaneous IDs?

1 Like

How come nobody makes you a mod? I mean, you seem to relish pretending you’re one.

They also lie a lot. Other posters have called him a liar, I have felt he was lying. At this point, I really have difficulty believing many things that he posts. I would like to be proven wrong, but…

I was one, in IP, for a long time a long time ago. I know trollish behavior when I see it. You is it. I’m very interested in your liar’s audit, but we’ll all need to know who you were and when, and whether or not those other/former ID were simultaneous, ie smurf, accounts, as that affects credibility. Now, one of your former accounts was “deleted” presumably at your request or by your own hand. I don’t even know how to do that.

Why would you do that? In order to get an accurate audit, that should be a known thing. Why did you delete/hide your Homersipmson account? I mean, if you really wanna do your Liar’s Audit.

1 Like

Where do I sign up?

Feel sorry for that auditor though, the showers they will require. :grinning:

1 Like

Wasn’t that an Al Franken book title?

Imagine making the classified ad recruiting for this job.

1 Like

1.The ARP
2. The infrastructure bill
3. George Floyd
4. The border
5. Matt Gaetz
52. Hunter Biden, somewhere below Jill Biden wearing patterned stockings and Kamala Harris being given a piece of German chocolate cake.

2 Likes

I totally missed that one. Did she cackle hysterically?

1 Like

You could make it easy and just fess up.

Nothing’s easier than debating you, truthfully. It’s like taking BP at this point.

YOu wanted the audit. This isn’t a debate. It’s you backing up.

You obviously don’t waste your time listening to those fools at Fox News- good for you.

Fox News attacked the vice president’s visit to pick up a piece of German chocolate cake, “even as she faces scrutiny for not having visited the overwhelmed southern border”.

Ms Harris was in Chicago to visit a vaccination site and popped in to the Brown Sugar Bakery on the city’s South Side while she was there.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki sharply dismissed the criticism during her media briefing on Wednesday.

1 Like

The ugly truth here is that CBS feels no need to apologize or self-correct because CBS knows that it has the mob on its side. It gets awfully tiring saying “imagine if,” but we can all safely assume that if this corruption had been aimed at a politician or a cause that the American media liked, they would not have reported on the transgression as if the only thing that mattered was that Republicans had “pounced” on it. Critics who hope to see some resignations at CBS had better hope that someone involved in the production said something rude on the Internet in 1997, because, if they didn’t, there is no chance whatsoever of repercussions. The story has the right cast and the wrong victim — and that’s all there is to it.

Buried deep within a recent New York Times report about a false accusation of racism at Massachusetts’s Smith College is one of the most pithily fashioned examples of the way the media treat inconvenient facts that I have ever seen. “The story,” the paper explains, “highlights the tensions between a student’s deeply felt sense of personal truth and facts that are at odds with it.” Or, as we say here in realityland: The story is about a student who lied . Last week, CBS lied, too. If she wishes, Sharyn Alfonsi can smirk her way through every letter she receives between now and kingdom come. If she wishes, she can recruit every “retired newsman” in the country to her side. But it won’t change what she did — not by an iota.

4 Likes

These poor guys like Matt Gaetz and DeSantis, always victims of terrible media conspiracies. Peas in pod, what are the odds of this happening to them? #crying #cryingwolf #crymeariver #fraudsgonnafraud

1 Like

Following up on the Tucker Carlson story I was posting about yesterday, which is seeming too hard to ignore…

Tucker crossed the line, promoting the well-known white supremacist ‘Replacement Theory’. No wonder the David Dukes of the world like him.

One way or another, by fox’s hand (unlikely) or that of his sponsors, seems like Tucker is going to be feeling the heat, and sooner than later. ADL calling for his firing now. Stay tuned.

1 Like

It’s amazing he’s lasted as long as he has. It’s not like Fox is AM Talk Radio and it’s 1995 and its catching anyone by surprise.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media

Critics of MSM will like this RS piece on Andy Ngo from Rolling Stone:

How a Right-Wing Troll Demonized Antifa to the Mainstream - Rolling Stone

"Even if Ngo himself were a fraudulent journalist, and the victim narrative he promoted was also under fraudulent pretenses, his ability to get bad ideas in front of a mainstream audience was all too real. Because above all else, the attack on Ngo — and his ability to successfully spin it into a lucrative and semi-legitimate media career — appeared to shift the narrative regarding extremist violence more toward the far right’s favor. For groups like Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys, “what allegedly happened to Andy Ngo was galvanizing for them in a lot of ways,” Keegan Hankes, a researcher and analyst at the Southern Poverty Law Center, previously told Rolling Stone . “It got a lot of media attention and it reinforced something the Proud Boys have pushed for years, which is the real threat is the violent left.”

The issue with this narrative is that this is verifiably not the case; though members of antifa have committed violent acts, that number is dwarfed by those committed by far-right extremists, says Hankes. That’s also the truth according to FBI director Christopher Wray, who has said that white supremacists constitute “the vast majority” of domestic terrorism threats. And when considering the very real, very immediate threat of far-right radicalization, promoting the conspiracy theories of a huckster like Ngo serves as little more than a distraction."

He dog whistles pretty well typically, I think in his thirst for prestige he may have mis-goosestepped though.

Who knows, if he gets dumped for white supremacy stuff, chances might go up that Trump could endorse him for GOP nominee for prez.

1 Like

It’ll get him some cushy spots on Fox. He’ll be their go to Antifa guy. Like they go to McWhorter when they need a quote on race. I see lots of guest appearances. But didn’t he just flee the country because he is too persecuted? I think he left and said America was too much for him :rofl:

1 Like

A nice illustration of big tech’s mind control efforts.

4 Likes