Obsession: What The War on Terror Is Really About

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1614&hl=en

This is 1 hour & 17 minutes long. Parts of it may not be proper for a ‘work’ environment.
The footage mainly consists of interviews with various people speaking to the current status and historical roots of radical Islamists.
It is, IMO, a very good piece of work.
This is not presented as a hit piece. It is viable background to understanding what is happpening through-out the world we live in.
The actions shown to the children here are enough to make us all shudder.
I do hope you can watch it thru (its not particularly violent or gruesome), but it is over an hour long. Although it seems to go by quite quickly.
The historical background alone is quite interesting.

Thanks for posting that, TC.

bump - I hope some will take the time to view this… :slight_smile:

[Hope this isn’t too far off topic]
Sometimes I wonder if the Muslims are really pushing the west for the final crusade. I was just reading a review of the book “Dunces of Doomsday” written by Paul Williams. Here are a few tidbits from the review and also from this article.

[quote]
It is not a religion of peace. It is a religion that teaches intolerance and war. President George W. Bush has said that the teachings of Islam “are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah.” In saying this, President Bush reveals his ignorance. It is the same ignorance that led his predecessor, President Clinton, to say that there is nothing in Islam “that would promote terrorism; that would be destructive of our values.” One is supposed to nod at such sayings.

Mohammad spread his faith through banditry, assassination and war. He authorized the killing of innocent people, and the confiscation of their property, merely because they weren’t Muslims. The Prophet also authorized the assassination of poets and writers he disliked. “Muhammad demanded complete loyalty and utter submission from his subjects.” Islam was spread by the sword, through death threats and bloodshed in one country after another. Such are the facts of history, and such is continuing fact of our time. “Jihad is a religious duty”. “It is a means of suppressing the enemies of Islam and of establishing faith in Allah.” The Koran urges war against unbelievers, including “the people of the Book” (Christians and Jews). ~edited quote~[/quote]

-President George W. Bush’s message that Islam means “peace” obscured the reality that Islam means “submission” to Allah
-Most Muslims support violent jihad not because of American imperialism or poverty and injustice, but because they are are commanded by the Qur’an to wage war until all of the planet has submitted to Islam.

-War to the death against America is preached in mosques around the world. The killing of American women and children has been sanctioned by Muslim clerics. Al Qaeda’s stated objective is to kill two million American children. The majority of Muslims don’t decry the use of terror on American citizens.

-An overwhelming majority of Muslims in representative countries worldwide support attacks on US interests. Moderate" Muslims who oppose violence are a tiny minority within their religion, even among Muslim communities in North America.

-The 9/11 attacks on the United States were celebrated in “Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, England, and New Jersey".

-The omnipresent images of Osama bin Laden in shops, stores, stalls and marketplaces across the Islamic world” ought to give us pause. Osama is now the favored name for newly born Muslim boys in country after country.

-A classified CIA survey” showing that 95 percent of educated Saudis between the ages of twenty-one and forty-five support al Qaeda and jihad. In Turkey, where the popularity of bin Laden is lowest, 31 percent favor the bombing and killing of American civilians.

-The invasion of Iraq under President George H. W. Bush and the installation of U.S. military bases between Islam’s holy cities of Mecca and Medina sparked the holy war and the plan for the American Hiroshima

-President George W. Bush may have been the target of an assassination attempt in the early morning of 9/11, an assassination attempt that was to be carried out by a faux television crew in the mold of a successful al-Qaeda hit on Afghanistan’s charismatic Northern Alliance leader;

-al-Qaeda may have procured suitcase nuclear weapons numbering in the double digits, and may have already positioned several inside the US. One such weapon was captured by Israeli forces when an operative attempted to bring it into Israel. (add: and nuclear Pakistan is one coup away from breaking from the us).

I think, for sure, if any city in the USA gets hit by a Islamic nuke, the American people will go balistic. (in more than one way). It will really be the final crusade once and for all. Even if a EMP goes off over the US (instead of a city) and wipes out the electrical grid, Just one boomer sitting in the Persian gulf or Med can wipe Islam off the map.

The video speaks to a number of these issues and their roots.

Yeah, I figured it did, that is why I posted my comment in this thread. I’ll take a look at the video tonight.

Also of interest Fallen Pillars is a well written article on the dynamics of how Isreal was created. I think Roosevelt realized the consquences of giving the Jews control of any land in the Palestine area. In fact, 3 hours before he died, the last telegram he sent was about this problem.

[quote]…Roosevelt came away from the session deeply impressed by the profound hostility of the Arabs to Zionism and the certain belief that a Jewish state could not be founded without force. On the way home, Roosevelt confided to Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinius that he “must have a conference with Congressional leaders and re-examine our entire policy in Palestine.” In an address to Congress, he said that “I learned more about that whole problem, the Muslim problem, the Jewish problem, by talking with Ibn Saud for five minutes than I could have learned in the exchange of two or three dozen letters.” He summoned Judge Joseph Proskauer of the American Jewish Committee and told him to try to dampen Jewish hopes for a homeland because such an effort would certainly lead to war or a pogrom. In the circumstances, he added, a Jewish homeland was absolutely impossible at the present time.

On the last day of his life, 12 April 1945, Roosevelt sent telegrams to both Iraq and Syria repeating his pledge about consultation. A similar message was sent by the secretary of state to Lebanon. Three hours after his last telegram was cabled, Roosevelt was dead at age 63.[/quote]
I think Americans gets blamed for too much of the problem. Actually, most Americans are too consumed in their own lives/family and do follow foreign policy enough. It is the corruption of our leadership (present and past) that sets policy that is not in the best interest on the American people.

As intelligent men, do you see any bias or agenda within this video?

“sanction” is a funny word. It can mean “support” but it can also mean “denounce” or “punish”. It’s like “citation” - I wouldn’t mind getting one from a university, but I certainly don’t want one from a policeman!

Sure. We’re all biased.

I also see a bias and an agenda on the part of those extremists who don’t like me.

That’s the problem. They have an extreme bias and an agenda set by the same.

But the video goes to great lengths to show how we need to fear Islam … because there are many video showing that Muslims need to fear the West.

I see the video as very interesting and very scary - but it’s guilty of the charges it is making against others. It seems very dangerous to me.

All the videos about kids learning to hate … I have seen many that could be used in propoganda against the West. The part about Jews being shown in an awful light on popular TV … similar examples would be very easy to find of American TV portraying Islam in a manner to cause concern.

I am interested in the video and understand its message, but it’s so hypocritical that it weakens its message.

I don’t think I fear Islam. But, I do fear some people who profess to be Moslems. I wouldn’t feel safe traveling to many places where some of these people live. Would you?

Then we need to look at these with a critical eye and objectivity. Do you really believe that the West is out to extinguish Islam, or that all the problems of the Middle East are brought about by the US and Israelis?

I suppose its a matter of degree. How many times have you seen thousands of Brits gather in a large square and scream “Death to all Moslems”? I’ve never seen masses of foreign national Christians or Jews parading around in Iran or Saudi Arabia screaming for the Death of all Iranian Moslems or all Saudi Moslems. Are there any Jewish rabbis or Christian priests/pastors in Moslem nations preaching that Moslems are satans who should be killed?

Based on fact or on libel?

I think I’d need to see examples of the hypocrisy before I could agree to that charge.

Well, at the end of the video, there is a clear call to go to war, for all those who value freedom and their religious rights to fight against those who wish to impose their own order on the world - something the video condemned others for throughout its entirety.

I’m just not keen on people being roused to battle out of fear and guardedness when such things can be broken down by understanding … and less biased reporting.

I’ll have to watch it again.

Neither am I. But, I appreciate being informed of the threat.

I’m not at all convinced that some of those folks depicted in the video can be reasoned with or that the barriers that exist between them and me can be overcome through understanding. That’s what scares me.

I agree that some of the individuals are threatening and scary, but I know that we could show some radical ‘Western’ or Christian views that would scare us and others the same way … but we wouldn’t want those who do not fully understand our culture or philosphies to think that we’re all like that. The US has militiamen running round the mountains on exercises in preparation of battle against ‘outsiders’, be they Communists or Muslims, but we would be critical of videos showing that to be a prevalent way of life in the West.

Again, its truly a matter of degree.

Yes, there are hate groups and nutters running around. But, for the most part, they are insignificant and they do very little actual harm, at least compared to the folks depicted in the video posted in this thread. And none of our nutters are in thier countries spouting their hate and acting on their hate.

The video in this thread is factual. There are a bunch of nutters who use terrorism to try to forward their agendas. We can choose to interpret the facts as we choose. But, there is no denying those facts.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]But the video goes to great lengths to show how we need to fear Islam .[/quote]No…the video shows the hijacking of Islam by a very violent radical group.[quote=“Stray Dog”]… because there are many video showing that Muslims need to fear the West.[/quote]Yes…shown continuously on Al Jezera and the radical controlled media.[quote=“Stray Dog”]I see the video as very interesting and very scary -[/quote]And well you should.[quote=“Stray Dog”]"… but it’s guilty of the charges it is making against others.[/quote]“Guilty” of what? The clips used come from a wide array of sources. [quote=“Stray Dog”] It seems very dangerous to me.[/quote]As well it should be. This is serious stuff. A generation of Muslim children are being indoctrinated with hate and the message that death is preferable to life.[quote=“Stray Dog”]All the videos about kids learning to hate … I have seen many that could be used in propoganda against the West.[/quote]And this is showing them and their origins and their useage.[quote=“Stray Dog”] The part about Jews being shown in an awful light on popular TV … similar examples would be very easy to find of American TV portraying Islam in a manner to cause concern.[/quote]Please show where and when? Can you show this actually happening? Please do so, I would be interested as wel as the legal authorities in the town where this is happening.[quote=“Stray Dog”]I am interested in the video and understand its message, but it’s so hypocritical that it weakens its message.[/quote]That may be your opinion. I doubt others will see the weakness you claim to see.

[quote=“Stray Dog”] I agree that some of the individuals are threatening and scary, but I know that we could show some radical ‘Western’ or Christian views that would scare us and others the same way [/quote]Please show us where the “Western” gov’t have approved and are allowing such readical hate views to be taught to children. Please show where children are praised in public in the "West"for wearing bomb-belts and express their desire to kill? OK?[quote=“Stray Dog”] “… but we wouldn’t want those who do not fully understand our culture or philosphies to think that we’re all like that.[/quote]All like what?[quote=“Stray Dog”] The US has militiamen running round the mountains on exercises in preparation of battle against ‘outsiders’, be they Communists or Muslims, but we would be critical of videos showing that to be a prevalent way of life in the West.[/quote]And the logic is , if those groups you mentioned, asuming they actualy exist in the type you are portrating, were to espouse the views and disregard for “our laws” they would be rounded up and put in jail. And the children would be placed in foster homes and treated for psychological abuse. But it isn’t happening. Because it does not exist in the “Western” world.[quote=“Stray Dog”] Well, at the end of the video, there is a clear call to go to war,[/quote]I did not see this “clear call to go to war” you mention.[quote=“Stray Dog”]I’m just not keen on people being roused to battle out of fear and guardedness when such things can be broken down by understanding … and less biased reporting.”…- something the video condemned others for throughout its entirety.[/quote]The video quite clearly shows where the problem lies. It shows the roots of the problem and clearly presents how it is being manifested and continued with the next generation. They are being taught mindless hate for others. Do you condone what is being taught to their children? Just curious?

[quote=“Stray Dog”]
I’m just not keen on people being roused to battle out of fear and guardedness when such things can be broken down by understanding … and less biased reporting.[/quote]Where does the understanding start?
Their message is Accept our brand of Islam or die.
Where does the negotiation start?

Be scared, be very scared.

:unamused:

Do you condone the children in Israel who sign bombs that will murder children in Lebabnon?

Bombing these loonies into the stone age isn’t stopping the recruitment, it’s helping it.
What are the other options?
Nuke the whole middle east, inc Israel then there will be no problems?
Have (US appointed) dictators running the middle east like Saddam (who the CIA put into power) who can control the loonies?
Create a selective democracy (the us supports) and claim there is freedom?

Give them pepsi and mcdonalds?

Did you watch the complete video Cake?

[quote=“Rascal”]Be scared, be very scared.

:unamused:[/quote]

Rascal,

I do not understand the use of the rolling eyes emoticon. This is just some of what they have done:

NYC

London

Bali

Madrid

Jerusalem

Iraq (Mosque suicide bomber)

And here is a [color=red]graphic pic[/color] :nsfw: - of Theo Van Gogh lying on a street in Amsterdam, with a knife sticking out of his chest :nsfw: - after he was butchered by these folks.

They claim to want to do far worse.

How is this not frightening, or how is this fear worthy of dismissal with rolling eyes? :s