Obsession: What The War on Terror Is Really About

The video that spawned this thread - for those arriving late to the thread:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1614&hl=en

This is 1 hour & 17 minutes long. Parts of it may not be proper for a ‘work’ environment.
The footage mainly consists of interviews with various people speaking to the current status and historical roots of radical Islamists.
It is, IMO, a very good piece of work.
This is not presented as a hit piece. It is viable background to understanding what is happpening through-out the world we live in.
The actions shown to the children here are enough to make us all shudder.
I do hope you can watch it through (its not particularly violent or gruesome), but it is over an hour long. Although it seems to go by quite quickly.
The historical background alone is quite interesting.

Writing in Asharq Alawsat, a pan-Arab daily, a Syrian Cabinet minister, makes it clear that the war in Lebanon today is between “the forces of Islam and America, with Israel acting as an American proxy”.

Iran’s “supreme guide”, Ali Khamenei, expressed a similar view this week during an audience he granted in Tehran to Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan President. “What we see in Lebanon today represents the revolt of Muslim nations against America,” he said.

Iran’s state-controlled media has said that Lebanon would become “the graveyard of the Bush plan for a new Middle East”.

More significant was a message from Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda’s number two. The Salafist radical tried to get hold of Hezbollah’s tailcoats in the hope of winning a share of the expected spoils of victory. He endorsed the idea of a global campaign against the “infidel”, thus abandoning his previous strategy of focusing the jihad on countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. More significantly, he dropped the al-Qaeda claim of fighting a defensive war against the infidel by designating a vast area of jihad from Spain to India.

President Ahmadinejad told a crowd in Tehran this week. He also promised that Muslims would soon hear “very good news” about the jihad against the United States.

More biased statements… should we disregard these statements because they made by biased individuals?

No; we should seek balance. :grandpa:

How? And for what purpose?

I mean, the remarks cited above either were or were not made. Those remarks either have meaning, or they do not have meaning.

What type of balance should we seek per these remarks?

Fanatics of wars exist on every sides.

I m sick to hear about strategies , new plans for ME or whatever. Sick of propaganda.

We are very confortable, from where we are located, to talk and decide to engage in a war or decide not to stop one.

But what about the people there ? what about the children living this now and filled with hatre for the rest of their lives whatever sides they are ?

Good idea. Lets trade 'em France for Israel. :laughing:

Have you ever noticed, anytime a city gets saddled with the title of “The Paris of ______” that the city in question is a shithole?

Saigon: The Paris of SouthEast Asia
Beirut: The Paris of the Middle East
Algiers: The Paris of North Africa
Abidjan: The Paris of Africa

Once again, TC, you have made another glaringly obvious mistake. Read the posts again, my friend. :unamused:

[Mods, this belongs on the split thread.]

There will always be those willing to do nasty things to prove a point.

So ther will be no peace in the middle east. If the Hizbubble head guys did wipte Isreal off the map then what next? they would attack the other dirty muslims who don’t subscrivbe to their point of view. The palestinians may become the next target.

These skirmishes are just going to keep on happening because there are always those in the minority who wish to rule the majority, and using force is one way to do that.

Personally I hope that we can continue to live in peace and never suffer from war.

Once again, TC, you have made another glaringly obvious mistake. Read the posts again, my friend. :unamused:
[Mods, this belongs on the split thread.][/quote]
SD -
Cute…you have the post removed and then post a wise-ass condescending comment. Wow…that must impress somebody…

I was giving you a compliment…

Here is another related video. An interview with the late Yassir Arafat in which he discusses this same indoctrination of hate for the children.

inthebullpen.com/

Gotta watch them street dogs TC, they sometimes bite without warning.

He was refering to this vid video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 4384920696 - Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land, which I’ve just seen most of. It should be compulsory viewing for anyone wishing to comment on Pastenian/Israeli affairs,.

HG

Gotta watch them street dogs TC, they sometimes bite without warning.
He was refering to this vid video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 4384920696 - Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land, which I’ve just seen most of. It should be compulsory viewing for anyone wishing to comment on Pastenian/Israeli affairs,.
HG[/quote]HGC -
Sussed and understood.
SD made a post in this thread, I responded to it, he then realized he posted in the wrong thread and had his original and my response moved to the other thread.
Meanwhile he makes a wise-ass post using only part of my response to his post.
:wanker:

[Mods, this belongs on the split thread.][/quote]
SD -
Cute…you have the post removed and then post a wise-ass condescending comment. Wow…that must impress somebody…

I was giving you a compliment…[/quote]

Ironically, you have misread entirely the events and acted on your misunderstanding.

I did not have anyone’s post removed - never have.

You say I had it removed then posted a comment - but, if you think logically, I couldn’t quote your post if I commented after it was removed, right?

And then you say it was a wise-ass comment - it’s funny how pointing out your obvious errors are described by you as ‘wise-ass’, especially in light of your original comment that I was responding to. How ironic that you condemn others for responding in like to your attack.

And you feel that sticking up for myself by pointing out your erroneous ways is in some way to impress somebody. That is a unique viewpoint - one that certainly wouldn’t come to my mind. But it did to yours.

And it is ironic again that you try to explain your attack with spin - by saying that it was meant to help me.

It’s hilarious that you feel others lack the intellectual ability to spot your manipulation of facts - it says a lot about you.

You are the epitome of US foreign policy, my friend! :wink:

I see. He’s not a mod too, is he? I can never keep up with such stuff.

HG

That will explain why you weren’t concentrating properly. It may also explain your blindness. :laughing:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I see. He’s not a mod too, is he? I can never keep up with such stuff.
HG[/quote]HGC -
mod…sod…pod…whatever…look at his comments…who cares…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I see. He’s not a mod too, is he? I can never keep up with such stuff.
HG[/quote]HGC -
mod…sod…pod…whatever…look at his comments…who cares…[/quote]

Boo hoo hoo … whing, whinge, whinge.

You attacked; I retaliated.

I now fear you will try to invade me in case I have any other means of defence up my sleeve. :astonished:

No, wait … you’ll try to invade someone who has had links with me (other than yourself). :laughing:

Just so I can relax on tonight’s flight to Bangkok, we’ve never, you know, had any links, or anything like that before, have we Stray Dog?

HG

Just so I can relax on tonight’s flight to Bangkok, we’ve never, you know, had any links, or anything like that before, have we Stray Dog?

HG[/quote]

We do now … prepare for invasion! Loot! :slight_smile: