Olympic Tank T-shirts - Non Order-related posts

Is this going to happen or not??

I want to know the shirt color before I commit to so many of each size etc.

DB, can you put the black and grey on the same page so we can get a better look at them?

pleeeeeaease?

Nice, Andre! Thanks. Now, I think that in order to facilitate the decision on tee color, we should either set up a poll, or let ANDRE decide. It’s his design, after all.

FWIW, I far prefer the white. Much sharper, does the design more justice, and the pic looks much better in black.

Actually, I like the black. But the white is good too. Only the grey suks, as it usually does.

I agree. I thought I would like the gray, but I don’t. The design on white works for me for two reasons:

1. The Olympic rings can be their actual colors and the Olympic flag has those rings on a white background; and

2. The black words and the tank/man design look very striking as black on white, and the lines of the design remind me of strokes of a Chinese character brushed onto white calligraphy paper.

I like the white shirt.

Agreed. When I first saw the design I thought it was Chinese characters and it took a moment to register that it wasn’t and was only a drawing. I agree that’s one of the things that makes Andre’s design so good.

How about a caption under the 2008 Beijing?

“Roll on Forever” ??

“You just don’t understand Chinese Culture”???

You know, I think it’d be better to make yoru order after you get your forumosa t-shirts. We can be more certain of the sizes then…

OK, I will then wait with the size, and will update when I have tried my new forumosa T.

Ok, I’ll take Maoman’s advice and wait with the sizes, but I the qty will remain the same.

Good advise. Hold my breath, aeh, order.

I’d definitely prefer plain white, too.

Wow that is cool, I’ll have to see how I can get a few.

For anyone who has forgotten the significance of the event which inspired this logo, here is a very interesting dramatic recounting by one of the photographers who captured the image of this heroic act:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4313282.stm

[quote=“Dragonbones”]For anyone who has forgotten the significance of the event which inspired this logo, here is a very interesting dramatic recounting by one of the photographers who captured the image of this heroic act:
http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/world/Asia-pacific/4313282.stm[/quote]
I remember seeing it as video, not just a single still image. I would very much like to download the clip off the net if anyone knows where it can be found.

The man didn’t just stand there. The tank turned and tried to go around him, and he moved in front. Then the tank turned to the other side and tried to go around him again. He moved in front of it again. This went on for maybe ten or fifteen seconds before someone ran out and grabbed him, and dragged him to the side.

By the way, what is up with these shirts? How much will they cost, and when will they be available? Ballpark figures are fine, but it would be helpful to know.

[quote=“MaPoSquid”][quote=“Dragonbones”]For anyone who has forgotten the significance of the event which inspired this logo, here is a very interesting dramatic recounting by one of the photographers who captured the image of this heroic act:
http://news.BBC.co.uk/1/hi/world/Asia-pacific/4313282.stm[/quote]
I remember seeing it as video, not just a single still image. I would very much like to download the clip off the net if anyone knows where it can be found.[/quote]

I once downloaded it from CNN, dunno if it’s still there. Also worth pointing out the restraint of the tank driver refused to drive over the top of the man. He was probably executed too.

[quote=“jdsmith”]How about a caption under the 2008 Beijing?[/quote]A caption’d ruin it, I think. Make it look cheesy. This way’s nice and simple.