Olympic Tank T-shirts - Non Order-related posts

Thanks, I’m merging these posts to the original discussion. Gus and I finalized the design of this shirt months ago. We understand that no matter what we do we’re not going to be able to please everyone, but we feel that since the design was created on F.com, it’s natural to promote the site at the same time. As F.com is still a huge money-hole, I’d appreciate any exposure and profit the shirts give us. For orders click here.

I’m afraid I agree with ceevee369, who makes a good point about sales.
Personally, I’d like to see the design taken up as a protest symbol around the world, and become as ubitiquious as say, Che Guevarra/Marley/marijuana leaf shirts. Get it spread so far and wide that Beijing can never get rid of it.
I’d much prefer a t-shirt without the Forumosa logo on the front.
For me, I’d wear that-shirt cos I think it makes a good point about the Beijing govt etc etc, but I’d not wear it as some kind of -pro-Forumosa/foreigners in TW/taiwan solidarity symbol.
I don’t see it as much of a political/protest t-shirt with the Forumosa ad on it.
If I want a Forumosa t-shirt, i would get a Forumosa t-shirt.
But for Beijing 2008, no Forumosa thanks.

and yes, I know the tank design originated on Forumosa, but that is not relevant to my point.

It has a huge forumosa.com image on it? Sorry. I might rescind my order. No offense, Anthony. I am all for promoting the website, but the message on this shirt is not about forumosa.com. I would love to have a “xin taiwan ren” if you are going to reprint that shirt, but I think I’ll wait for the guy whose friends are interested in buying the design rather than be a walking advertisement while protesting the Beijing bid.

I’m with the others that you’d probably make a lot more money without the advertisement.

I have canceled my order. As I indicated in my original post, I have nothing against F.com making some money from the sale of these shirts… but, I really feel strongly that the political speech and commercial speech should not go together.

Sorry.

Now I wonder if my canceled order will cause a problem… are the shirts already made? I see now that there is an indication of what the shirts will look like with the graphic, and MM’s post does indicate that the F.com logo will be on the front of the shirt. However, when I placed my order via post in that thread, MM’s OP did not indicate that the shirts would have an F.com logo. It appears that MM edited that OP to include the additional info.

I hate to put F.com in a sticky situation… but, I also wish that the post with all of the info re the shirt had been posted when the orders were originally solicited.

Hmm…any shirts without the Forumosa logo available? I was more interested in the tank…

Let me know when you all reprint the tank shirt sans the huge forumosa.com logo…

Looks like the F.com community idea is being copied already (perhaps inadvertently). In the Dominion Post in New Zealand today:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/0a17216.html

[quote=“DSN”]Looks like the F.com community idea is being copied already (perhaps inadvertently). In the Dominion Post in New Zealand today:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/0a17216.html[/quote]

(Just posting the direct image from the link you gave DSN as the link wasn’t directly to the image :slight_smile: )