Online Community Band Together to Save Tortured Kitten

This was on the local news just 10 minutes ago.

A guy took pictures of himself torturing a two month old kitten at his residence and posted them on an online forum. He claimed he was situated in China and that he enjoyed listening to the cries of the kitten when tortured, he said he got off on it. The online community is in Taiwan and a few of them started their own investigation by looking closely at the photos. They found the torturer had a birthmark on one of his hands, one of the shampoo bottles in the background were in traditional Chinese characters, the newspaper the kitten was sitting on was a Taiwanese paper, etc. They followed the clues and actually found the guy’s residence by looking at buildings around town for the exact same items on the guy’s balcony that were in the background of some of his photos.

The torturer forced the kitten to drink shampoo so s/he would foam at the mouth and the torturer thought it was funny and posted the pictures; he tied the kitten’s legs together with rubber bands; he put a container over the kitten’s nose; and a whole bunch of other stuff the station said were too disturbing to show.

I think the guy is a law student or a lawyer. The representative from the Department of Agriculture said the guy could be fined up to $50,000 NT, but I’m not optimistic about that…I don’t know if the kitten is saved though. The rep seemed like a guy who cared about his job and the welfare of the kitten. He said he is worried there might be more animals in the house.

That’s pretty much what I got from watching the piece. Does anyone have the link?

Copy cat torturer. There was one in Japan last year in which the same thing happened. I saw his photos. Sick. That guy got some pretty heavy jail time I believe.

[quote=“914”]…and a whole bunch of other stuff the station said were too disturbing to show.[/quote]Given the rep of the local media, that must have been strong stuff indeed! :help:

Congratulations to anyone and everyone involved in identifying this prick (wow, “prick” just isn’t strong enough, is it?)

I wish he could be forced to endure what the kitten had to. Now that would be justice.

~[color=green]Moderators note[/color]: This post by Namahottie and the following post from Gaboman were merged into this thread from another thread. ~

Speaking of abuse. Anyone see today’s Apple Daily cover. I couldn’t make out everything that was on it. But I got the jist that it was about a cat killer. It also had numbers for reporting abuse.

I haven’t seen it, but was it the cat-torturing fellow from the internet that 914 mentioned in her post today? Pretty horrible stuff.

I’m glad they included numbers. Hopefully the appearance of those phone numbers will become a regular thing, so when people think “oh, man, that’s wrong… I better do something…” they don’t get frustrated (and give up) trying to find someone who cares.

Pick up today’s apple daily or go online. It was there today. They should investigate that guy as well all know good and well, first animals then prostitutes being buried in the woods.

two words. Serial Killer.

Kitten story

Is it only me or do other people also agree with me that animal abuse is increasing in Taiwan? What’s going on? This is both scary and depressing… :frowning:

[quote=“Sherryx”]Is it only me or do other people also agree with me that animal abuse is increasing in Taiwan? What’s going on? This is both scary and depressing… :frowning:[/quote]Maybe it’s only the reporting of it that is increasing, that would be a good thing. Maybe people care about it more than they used to, and that’s why we hear about it more now. Just a possibility

BFM has a point. When I first came here many moons ago people seemed to think nothing about beating pets. Some of my students would laugh when talking about “kicking dogs”.

BFM’s right I think. It’s not only in Taiwan either. In Britain, that great nation of pet-lovers, the problem of animal abuse is now so bad that one of the tabloids has been running a campaign encouraging people to report cases. Horrific stuff.

I blame Bush and Al Queada, actually. It’s a massive conspiracy. And the Duke of Edinburgh.

The words “justifiable homicide” spring to mind. Can’t imagine why…

[quote=“sandman”]BFM’s right I think. It’s not only in Taiwan either. In Britain, that great nation of pet-lovers, the problem of animal abuse is now so bad that one of the tabloids has been running a campaign encouraging people to report cases. Horrific stuff.

I blame Bush and Al Queada, actually. It’s a massive conspiracy. And the Duke of Edinburgh.[/quote]

Bush and pussy will always lead to trouble…Ask any man :wink:

I am glad to hear that he was fired from his job. Hard to believe this sick person was a law school grad, and also a product of the top high school in Taiwan.

When confronted he said he had 4 more cats and he plans to kill them too. My wife even found out his cell phone number (published on some discussion board) but obviously he’s not picking up.

Hopefully now that the story is out, his life will be a living hell. Too bad Taiwan does not have criminal punishment for animal cruelty (at least that’s what I understand).

Me too, if it’s true.

I don’t find that the least bit hard to believe. Law school in Taiwan is nothing more than a low-caliber trade school. It’s just an undergrad degree in memorizing facts pertaining to Taiwan’s laws. They don’t teach the students to think for themselves, much less engage in moral behavior. I’m sure the same is true for Taiwan’s top (whoop de doo) high school. Moreover, people with far better education than him have done worse deeds.

Take genius mathemetician Thomas Kaczynski, for instance, who entered Harvard at age 16, and went on to kill 3 persons and wound 29 with his bombs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kaczynski

Or rapist/serial killer Sung Koo Kim, who graduated from Washington State University in 2001 with degrees in Genetics and Cellular Biology.
crimelibrary.com/serial_kill … ney/3.html

Or rapist/serial killer Michael B. Ross, who graduated from Cornell.
query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h … A961948260

Or countless others.

The Taiwan kitten torturer’s just a fucked up loser (and a petty, two-bit loser compared to those mentioned above). He’s most likely a victim of an abusive or neglectful childhood (not that that excuses his acts at all). It would be a miracle of the highest magnitude if the ordinary educational system could turn around a loser like him, and I’m not sure that’s their role anyway. Law school should be about legal education, not about potty training, fucked up dimwits.

Just ready the story. It’s good to see that people are prepared to go to quite some lengths to catch fuckers like this. Good on them. Whilst it’s always been pretty depressing to watch how Chinese (Taiwanese, whatever) people treat animals, it is heartening to see that many, and one would hope “most”, are beginning to do something about it. I confronted a bloke this morning near my home kicking the crap of out a dog “because it was barking” and I could tell by the look in his eyes he knew it was wrong. Of course the guy works in an English language bushiban, so perhaps the rampant animal abuse in the UK that the Sun is bravely writing about during the news-free Silly Season rubbed off on this otherwise model individual.

MT, I know you’re not condoning this, but I do wonder at your common asserting that everyone who does something violently criminal has been abused as a child. What are you basing that on? Violent crime is a direct result of abuse? Or just sadistic violent crime? Would you say that this sort of person is sublimating a desire to hurt humans or perhaps take revenge on his abusers? Or should we just put the fucker up against the wall?

Not everyone. I definitely don’t believe there’s a 100% connection. I only said he was a likely victim of abuse or neglect.

It’s just my opinion, and that of countless others, based on common sense and myriad books, studies, articles and reports that I’ve read over the past few decades showing that those who commit violent crime tend to come from abusive or neglected backgrounds. And, as someone else pointed out, those who torture animals are likely to later commit violent acts against persons. As I said, I don’t claim there’s a 100% connection, but it seems obvious that there is a connection.

I have no idea what’s going on in his mind. . . if he has one. But I do believe children who grow up in healthy, happy, functional families are much less likely to go on to torture animals as adults than children who grow up in abusive, neglectful, disfunctional families. Not a guarantee, but a matter of odds.

As I said, while the idiot’s background may or may not help explain his behavior, I don’t believe there’s any excuse for what he did. I believe people who torture animals should go to jail. It would also be good if they were evaluated by psychologists and received counseling, therapy, medication, or whatever it takes to try to modify their behavior (and whatever motivates such behavior) to avoid more serious damages being caused in the future. But, I realize that’s largely just a dream even in more developed nations, much less in Taiwan. But at least jail time for him, absolutely. One can only hope that will teach him a lesson.

I agree with just about all you said MT, but add in there that this man also lacks social skills. That is the key. What is wierd about it is that serial killers are very good with social skills. But they lack that human connection.

This is sickening, but I have it under very good authority that this fellow has ‘adopted’ more than 50 kittens over time. No sign of any of them…

in an inhabited place if a dog or any other animal attacked or hurt a human it would be put to sleep without question, as it would be considered a danger to society. So in my view this person should also be put to sleep, but only after he suffered in the same way as the kitten did. Give me a blade and put me in a room with him, i would gladly dish the punishment.