Opening soon: "American-style Chinese Restaurant"

Don’t forget the corn!

“Ahh, General Tso, you are a blood thirsty adversary, but you make a most delectable chicken.”

-C. Montgomery Burns.

[quote=“Modest Mouse”]we will have Chinese take-out boxes
[/quote]
If you stack them high enough you’ll get a miniature Taipei 101.

[quote=“Incubus”][quote=“Modest Mouse”]we will have Chinese take-out boxes
[/quote]
If you stack them high enough you’ll get a miniature Taipei 101.[/quote]

I’ve been trying to find a pic of that on the internet. I saw it in a surf documentary about Taiwan on the Discovery Channel.

Great another Fu King Chinese restaurant.

I have thought about that idea for a long time. Glad someone is testing it.

e

Let me just take a short break from shitting all over everyone else’s harebrained schemes to Bring Western Food To Taiwan, to say:
This is the first idea I’ve heard in a long time that sounds plausible, for whatever strange reason.
And I for one would be all over it like a 2-headed Hindu on a chicken.
Only 2 things:

1. Where’s the wide array of Stuff Deep Fried in Batter? Personal favourite being the batter-fried butterfly prawns with bacon and pineapple, but that may be a tribal thing
    B. Can we order extra MSG??

Are you seriously doing this? It could make a fortune, it could crash and burn so badly you’ll be living up a tree for the next year.

I wouldn’t go because I’m not American, (don’t know what General Tso’s chicken is and can get get MSGish chickeny crap in a box anywhere) and don’t really think it looks nice (being honest, not negative). I think a lot of people would go for the initial novelty, if you got the publicity right, but is it sustainable? I think you’d need the idea to have a lot of correctly aimed media and an idea of the life cycle of the place.

I like those American takeaway boxes, though, they’re cool. :laughing:

Will they have battered deep fried king prawns with sweet and sour sauce?
For some reason I really got a craving for that last night… :loco:

will you have cream of sum yung guy? :roflmao:

(sorry but someone had to say it…)

May you soom succeed.

Or perhaps a Vietnamese American restaurant aptly named…WTF!

Are you guys still opening in May?
Can’t wait to try it!
PS-This thread should be moved to the restaurant section.

Any chance you guys could add simple battered and deep fried fish with thick cut chips to the menu for us kiwis? Typical offering at “chinese” take-out places in NZ, have been craving them for weeks.

I do like Orange Chicken… it will definitely be interesting to see if it will work here. Let me know when it opens and I’ll post something on my blog… Probably English reading visitors/residents would be a big part of your customer base.

I had read someone’s blog who had read my blog and she was “confused” by the Chinese food here and wondering where the “beef and broccoli” and “chow mein” she ordered back home was.

Great idea and I think it’ll fly. I thought before of having a Chinese restaurant in Taiwan, just like from home and my wife thought I was crazy, so we opened a pizza place.
We’ll visit for sure, can’t wait!!

Any more news on this?

American-style Chinese food is one of the things that I most look forward to eating when I go to the states. I often can’t even wait to leave the airport, and insist on eating at the Panda Express before leaving the terminal.

Im also all for that idea…God what I wouldnt do for General Tsaos Chicken and a couple egg rolls…
However, I also believe there is a reason why this type of place doesnt exist in Taipei, as Taiwanese dont like American style chinese food. Remember, most Taiwanese dont like too sweet or too salty, and thats exactly what Americanized Chinese food is.
Dont get me wrong, I will be there if you open up, but if it was my money, I’d do a kebab shop or import some Hebrew National hotdogs and sell that instead.
There is an American style Chinese place in HK, called American Restaurant and its in Wan Chai. Never ate there, but would imagine its quite good.
There is a great little kebab stand off of Xing Long Rd near the small market by China Uni of Technology in Wen Shan. Dont know the name and they are more Taiwanese style kebabs, but still damn good. Also have great Vietnamese place called Saigon Saigon and other Viet/Thai places in and around Xing Long Rd area…Its a great area that isnt written about, but lots of variety out here!

Oh this is just wonderful, I’ve been thinking of a “Canadian Chinese” restaurant for time. I love this stuff man, one of the foods i really misss from home actually. I am sure it is similar to American style, but still unique. I look forward to trying this place! With some quality marketing, moderate prices and delicious food, you should succeed. Will you have any of these items on the menu?

Deep Fried wontons
Mushroom Soo Guy
Chicken Balls with sweet and sour sauce
Spareribs (honey garlic, sweet and sour, garlic black bean)
Cantonese Chow Mein
Fried Rice
Jar Doo chicken wings
Salt and pepper squid or cuttlefish
Crab legs with garlic butter