Outback Steak House

I went there with some friends on Sunday afternoon. There weren’t many people there but we had waited a long time to get what we ordered. Service wasn’t very good and the steak was kind of disappointed…we all enjoyed french fries though :stuck_out_tongue:

Went there for lunch yesterday. Nothing to complain about. I suggest the Drover platter. 650NT for ribs and chicken from the barbie. I can’t imagine I will ever get anything other than barbeque whenever I go there.

I tried the Drover platter based on the above recommendation. I found it to be a bit pricy for what you get. One average-sized chicken breast with some basic wesern BBQ sauce that was sort of poured on mine, rather than broiled into the meat. The ribs were not bad tasting, but I felt a bit on the small side. Their fries are good but again could stand a bit more in the portions. Overall I felt that NT$650 was kind of steep to pay for this entr

Does anyone know if Outback (Taiwan) has a webpage?
No one has mentioned it in this thread, and I can’t find one on Google.
Someone told me they are running a steak special there now.

OK, I just found it: outback.com.tw/b_e.htm
It’s a piece of crap but apparently they are running an all-you-can-drink-Taiwan-Beer special for only 199nt between 9pm-12am.

oh my gosh, i just saw this restaurant in KHH!

I didn’t know there was one there!

Is there a Chili’s there too???

plmk

i know of 2 chili’s:
one in Neo 19 (near 101 next to the cinemacomplex / Mitsukoshi etc)
one in tienmu in the mitsukoshi at tien mu east rd

This is a crappy blurry picture, but you can pretty much make it out.
Outback is doing a good weekday lunch special with a different dish everyday, some discounted by a couple hundred dollars.
I got the Bacon Cheese Burger today, it came with a warm loaf of “Bushman bread”, cheese broccoli soup, fries, coleslaw and a coke.
For 180, reg 280.
Lunch is from 11:30-2:30.
I’ll be back.

Thanks for posting that, Josefus.

That looks like a great deal.

I go there on weekends once in a while, and if you sit way in the back in the bar, you can usually have it to yourself around noon. Sports on the big screens. The food is quite okay. Not bad at all. Check it out.

I’ve only had outback back in LA, wasn’t great, wasn’t bad…I guess its consistant like anyother casual chainfood place. Haven’t tried the one in Taipei. Thanks for the post with those deals I might as well stop by sometime soon.

The food is IMO ok, not bad but not great either. But that bread just tastes weird (the butter is too creamy for my taste, too), nevermind the strange color.

Thanks again to Josefus for the heads-up about the lunch specials at the Outback.

I’ve enjoyed the “Mad Max” burger (bacon cheeseburger) over the last few Wednesdays.

Yeah, the “bushman” bread is kind of strange, and the utensils are gigantic. But I’ve liked all the soups that have been served.

Thank you again to Josefus for this information.

Hey no problem.
Actually thank YOU for reminding me about it.
I’d totally forgotten.
That burger was awesome.
I’d like to go there for it again on Wednesday.

I would recommend the Chicken & Shrimp Pasta. Very decent.

The chicken fingers and cheese fries are also good.

Outback is definitely okay. At lunch, sit in the bar, it’s often all yours. They got the paper, and sports on the big screen TVs if you like.

Anyone been here recently know if they are still running the all you can drink beer special? I could do some damage there, assuming they fill your glass in a timely manner.

Ah the ‘Outback’:

• The menu uses phrases no Australian would use

• The ‘Aussie slang’ they’ve salted it with was undoubtedly copy/pasted from ‘teh intarweb’, and almost never appears in the correct form and usage

• The wait staff don’t have the right accents

• The decor is all wrong

• The boomerangs aren’t real

• The art isn’t that good (or authentic)

• You can’t get kangaroo

• You can’t even get wallaby

• You can’t get real Australian beer, last time I looked at least (are they still foisting Fosters on the unsuspecting patrons?)

Actually let’s quote that noble lad’s comments on the Outback:

[quote=“noble Aussie lad”]Let all the Aussies know - someone has invented something called the “Outback Steakhouse”, a chain of restaurants all over the USA. There you can find Australian beers (including Foster’s imported from Toronto!) and all sorts of alleged Australian delicacies with silly ocker names.

I’ve lived in Australia for all of my twenty-five years, and never once before have I heard of the “Bloomin’ Onion”. I think it’s just a big Crocodile Dundee cash-in.[/quote]

Having said all I’ve said, I’ll say this. Any time I’ve had the opportunity to go to the Outback here in Taipei, I’ve jumped at the chance. When the dust settles, the fact of the matter is that you can go there and for a reasonable price get yourself utterly stuffed with good solid belly food which just tastes great. I have never refused an opportunity to go there, and it has been far too long since I last went.

As our Aussie lad said:

does anyone know how many stores they have and their locations?

We went to the Outback last week. My favorite is the ribs.
I think the only one they have is at the corner of Dunhua and Nanjing E Road.

They have four locations, two in Taipei, one in Xinzhu, one in Gaoxiong: outback.com.tw/d.htm

Newest one is their Taipei Xinyi branch next to Brown Sugar.