Outdated from Nationwide: Level 2 epidemic warning

1 Like

@tando’s article immediately above, as far as I can tell from Google translate, is about rapidly changing policies on schools. Apparently he EDIT: the Taipei City Mayor is also saying what New Taipei City schools will be doing. I didn’t know he could do that.

But since I’m just using Google Translate, I probably shouldn’t try to interpret it for anyone else.

I think you make a good point.

To get to level 4, there should be more than 100 cases per day in average within 14 days. So, I think if we reach 1400 cases in the next few days, we’ll go automatically to level 4.

BTW, welcome to Forumosa! Great first post!

1 Like

Cheers. I had to do that when I registered for YouBike.

It’s very easy. Just go to the website for whichever card you use. If you use YouBike you probably already did. Unless I miss something, it’s just registering your card with your name and phone number.

I hope all or most. Several major ones have their own system that’s more cumbersome than writing your name on a paper.

I don’t think you can on the English site, but you can in English though a YouBike kiosk. This video shows is about a year old, but walks you through it.

2 Likes

Delete, if this link has been shared before. In case not, here is a nice live tracker of the ongoing cases in Taiwan.

3 Likes

A friend told me that people living in the home count collectively as one person. So for instance if 4 people live together then they can invite 4 more people over. I can’t find any resources about this in English. Is it at all true?
It makes sense in a way because otherwise, 6 people living together is immediately against the rules. But I also feel like the CDC wouldn’t go out of their way to make this type of specific exception.

The latest mask regulation.

2 Likes

There are probably more authoritative sources out there, but I like to think the English-language Taiwan Centers for Disease Control is a pretty good resource; these are the rules as announced on May 26. I’m quoting the parts that seem relevant to your question, emphasis added, with parenthetical questions:

A. Members of the public must wear a mask all the time when going out [if I’m alone in my office at work, am I going out? If I’m on my balcony, am I going out? Setting aside what legally counts as a mask.]. …

C. Food and beverage vendors should only offer takeout services [straightforward enough]

The CECC reminds members of the public that those who need to consume food and beverages when outside may temporarily remove their mask to consume food and beverages if social distancing can be maintained or partitions are installed [I’ve never seen partitions installed outside - I guess this is the common confusion here between “going out” and “going outside”. “Who need to” is doing a lot of work in this sentence! TO ME, this says your situation is fine, but again, “who need to” is uncomfortably unclear].

Source:

EDIT: the Chinese page with the same information may provide more clarity, but I can’t read that with any amount of confidence:

5 Likes
3 Likes

@qwert_zuiop I guess you probably saw this already in the “Coronavirus Screening Stations in (Northern) Taiwan” thread, but if not:

https://health.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=32B137067268A931&sms=78D644F2755ACCAA&s=E07573D760E0277C

I hope there’s a good official source of English information out there, but I haven’t seen it yet.

Thank you and thanks @tando !

I shared with my friend but he just sent me a link to that website 疫情即時/集中火力抗新冠!台大:醫療量能吃緊,強烈建議一般人兩週後再就醫 - Heho健康 saying that people shouldn’t go to get tested immediately, but wait for two weeks first because the hospitals are apparently overwhelmed :pleading_face:

rotational system for visits to wet markets

2 Likes

More info in English:

Taipei

Starting June 1, every public retail market in the city will have to limit capacity and close early. Public markets include places like Nanmen Market and the city’s wholesale markets.

The number of people in these market will be limited to a maximum 66 percent of capacity. Once the ceiling has been reached, people will be stopped from entering the market until others leave.

The business hours of public retail markets selling fresh food will end at 4 p.m., three hours earlier than before.

Mayor Ko Wen-je (柯文哲) has urged people to shop for groceries no more than twice a week, and follow the “go less, buy more” shopping principle.

New Taipei

Mayor Hou Yu-ih (侯友宜) said he has authorized 168 self-managed traditional market organizations to set up crowd control protocols, and demanded that they strictly carry out the protocols. Shoppers will also have to register their name and phone number when they enter a traditional market.

Yilan

Shoppers are required to wear a mask and follow the contact registration system, and are advised to visit traditional markets on a rotating basis – those whose ID numbers end with an even number should visit the markets on Monday afternoons, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, while those with an odd number for the last digit should go on Monday mornings, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

The markets will close every other Monday.

Keelung

Mayor Lin Yu-chang (林右昌) proposed that residents who shop in traditional markets do so on a rotating basis – those whose ID numbers end with an even number should visit the markets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, while those with an odd number as the last digit should go on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

He said the rotation system will become mandatory if the markets continue to have crowding problems.

Taoyuan, Hsinchu City and County, Miaoli

Taoyuan and Hsinchu City started to implement the ID number-based rotation system on May 31, while Hsinchu County and Miaoli began to do so from June 1.

Under the rotation system, people whose ID numbers end with an even number are advised to visit traditional markets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, while those with an odd number for the last digit of their ID numbers should go on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Taoyuan Mayor Cheng Wen-tsan (鄭文燦) underlined that it is important that people wear a mask, and that dining-in and gatherings are prohibited. He urged people to shop as quickly as possible to reduce the time spent in markets.

Taichung

The city has advised people to visit traditional markets based on the same rotation system adopted in Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli.

Mayor Lu Shiow-yen (盧秀燕) further advised people to take advantage of online shopping services offered by many farmers’ associations in the city to avoid having to go out and reduce their risk of exposure to the coronavirus.

Chiayi

People are urged to shop for groceries online. Those who must visit traditional markets should do so on a rotating basis – those whose ID numbers end with an even number should visit the markets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, while those with an odd number as the last digit should go on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Tainan

Visitors to all 117 public and private markets around the city are required to have their contact information recorded. The city government will also provide mobile street venders with a QR Code to facilitate the registration.

Mayor Huang Wei-che (黃偉哲) urged people to visit traditional markets some other time if they see a crowd in the market.

Kaohsiung

People are urged to buy enough food once a week. Those whose ID number ends with an odd number are advised to shop on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and those whose ID number ends with an even number should shop on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

Starting from June 1, businesses that fail to carry out the contact registration system or crowd control measures, or fail to follow mask regulations, will be ordered to shut down temporarily.

Pingtung

Crowd control measures have been introduced to traditional markets. People are advised to visit the markets on a rotating basis – those whose ID number ends with an odd number should go to the markets on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, while those whose ID number ends with an even number should do so on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

Vendors at public markets will be exempted from both rent and cleaning payments for three months, as the county seeks to reduce their financial burden.

2 Likes
1 Like

How many are allowed to gather indoors? Is it 4 or 5?

On the English version of the CDC website it says over 5 “All family or social gatherings involving over 5 people indoors or 10 people outdoors (those living together not included) are suspended”

Level 3 epidemic alert extended to June 28

But I saw an article here where people were arrested for having a gathering of 5 people.

Homeowner in southwestern Taiwan fined NT$300,000 for gathering of five people

3 Likes

from WDA site
This one at least says gathering of 5 people indoor. Though more than 10 people outdoor must be wrong.

1 Like

What the actual f*ck? We dont really expect the taiwan governemnt to have basic common sense most of the time, but his is bad. Even for Pingtung…jesus H.

How did we go from best country fighting the ccp virus to going Chinese style full retard all of a sudden…heat stroke? I hope this article isnt accurate.

Maybe this has already been posted elsewhere but my friend just sent me this from the news…

If I understand it correctly Level 3 is extended until 7/26 but with some restrictions lifted (?)

2 Likes

Godammit, what the hell…

Remember folks the entrance examination subjects tests will be held at the end of July.

Could you imagine that life determining moment being derailed by some upsurge in infection numbers because KTVs or bars or random banquet halls were opened?

If for no other reason the restrictions remain a bit longer, I’ll understand why. And if you understand Taiwan, you’ll understand why as well.

Guy

2 Likes