Package delivery times (2021 May-July)

I originally ordered a 24h delivery (in which the 24h guarantee was cancelled the next day, np), but it’s been stuck in “preparing” status for 2 weeks and they locked the refund button. I could’ve actually had a faster order from Amazon or Shopee.

I’m sort of in limbo, here: Can’t be shipped, can’t be cancelled … what to do? Anyone else in the same boat?

1 Like

yes, my order is stuck 10 days already. i got a msg from them that due to the COVID situation 24 hrs delivery is not possible, which makes sense, but nothing moved for 10 days.

1 Like

I have a 24hr order on the second day but not canceled.

1 Like

Have you tried calling them? Failing that call your credit card company. You can always buy elsewhere and immediately return the PCHome order when it arrives.

With everyone talking about supporting small shops etc, might be worth just buying direct from local businesses. Depends on the items of course, but i feel its worth supporting your neighbour even if slightly more expensive. No need to give a guy that already owns the 100th floor of taipei 101 more money so he can buy the 101st floor as well. I would rather let random xyz small person put thier kid through school. And when troubles come up, small guys respond right away or fade away. Everything i have ordered directly from the seller, not using 3rd party percent militias, has come within a few days regardless of virus issues and they are actually willing/able to talk with me. Thats wirth the extra money in my opinion.

The 2 week thing you experience is most likely a drop shipping service which is literally donating money to people who do nothing but post an add. i dont know, not saying they are wrong. But its worth thinking about where your spent moneys’ margins go.

2 Likes

I live in xinzhuang - I prefer not to go to any 711 or post office if I can avoid it :slight_smile: same reason I’m not going to local shops right now.

Why would you need to go to a 711 or post office? If you return stuff from PCHome they’ll collect it from the delivery address.

3 Likes

Wait, really?

Sure, when you hit the “return” button and go through the options you should get a downloadable label that you just attach to the original shipping carton. They’ll send a courier to your place to pick up the package, it’s obviously easier if you have a doorman you can leave it with but if not I believe the courier will text or call you before pickup. How have you done returns in the past?

1 Like

You don’t even need to put the label on it in my experience. Sometimes I just tell the guard to keep the package and initiate the return online. It always makes its way back.

2 Likes

Just checked. Still not sent out. Amazon they are not.

I get cancelling the 24h guarantee, but not updating about even a WIDE estimate (“within 30 days” or something), just leaving everyone hanging without enabling the cancel button feels just really unprofessional. I could’ve just momo’d and got it 2 weeks ago :frowning:

2 Likes

If mine doesn’t ship today, I’ll order from another place. I was expecting it on Monday. I ordered a Samsung tablet to compare to my iPad for WFH. Getting tired of the iPadOS file management and inability to create notes directly within other apps. Everything takes 2 or 3 steps when it should take just one.

1 Like

Mine was cancelled after emailing support with order number. No questions asked. Then ordered from shopee instead.

Mostly curious, though, let me know how it goes to those that hold out.

1 Like

Black cat will not receive cold storage And most package delivery is stuck. Look at the pictures, they are overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Mine shipped yesterday, three days late. It should arrive today. The case I ordered on Ruten arrived at the convenience store already too, so the timing worked out OK at least.

A lot of them just put stuff on from Taobao, doesn’t even have inventory (meaning you can get it sooner) and charges 200-300 percent markup for this. I might as well just order from Taobao myself if that’s how they want to play. I would not mind paying the markup if it means I don’t need to wait for it.

After cancelling (via customer service email request) and ordering anew on shopee, I received my items today ~

Those you’ve canceled or the new order?

New order :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like