Package delivery times (2021 May-July)

That’s intriguing… :ponder:

PCHome has started using Taiwan Post to help with backlog I guess.

1 Like

News piece about the delivery people, severely overworked. They say it is much worse than New Year. Can’t stop to have lunch, not even munch on some chips or people start screaming at them to put their masks on…

Delivery times about 2 to 3 days the fastest, can’t guarantee deliveries before Dragon Boat Festival.

2 Likes

One data point for delivery times: I placed a Costco order online on Wednesday June 23; it arrived on Saturday June 26. Three days.

Received PCHome order 2 weeks late

Decathlon are offering free shipping with coupon for a few days.

2 Likes

Ordered from Amazon US and Shopee Taiwan on the same day.

The Amazon package already arrived.

Still waiting for the Shopee package.

:snail:

1 Like

Ordered a Fitbit on PChome and it sat there with no movement for 4 days. I cancelled and ordered from the Fitbit store on Shopee TW and it was delivered within 36hrs on a Saturday.

Then they should hire more people the greedy bastards. Post office is government, they have less excuses for the typical abuse of employees in the private sector.

A side note, i have seen huge delays in EMS to Europe in the last month or 2.

Domestic deliveries vary, but black has kind of shown its quite weak here when streessed. Hct is ok, Kerry is still fast. But post office remains the most consistent it seems without much change with the onslaught of the recent business boom

This piece of news was not about the post office but private delivery services like Black Cat, PC Home and others.

The post office was also overwhelmed but actually came to help the private services.

1 Like

Oh sorry, thiught you were talking about the post.

Tis true, black cat is terrible now. Not just delays, but frozen coming warm, smashed, briken etc. We dint use it anymore unless customers are very set on using them (usually for better tracking services than the post). bbut damn are they terrible recently. For courriers donestically we switched to hct and terry without much hassles, but always prefer post office for their consistency and speed:price ratio. They cant do heavy though :frowning:

Not their fault. As you said too little personnel to handle the onslaught.

Indeed. Thye failed the stress test. but could hire more people still, buy more trucks etc.

easy to say when we dont have any of the responsibilities of the company haha.

But we have stopped using them due to it. Probably wont go back either. Their only advantage now is they cooperate with 711.

Ordered from PC Home before 12, received notification they will deliver before 12 tomorrow. It looks like 24 Hr is back to normal.

A letter was sent via USPS to Taiwan from the USA. Does anyone have recent experience who could tell me how long it might take?

Thanks

The item was mailed from the east coast USA on August 9th and arrived September 1 so it took around 20 days. It was a small bubble envelope.