"Palin didn't know Africa wasn't a country"

guardian.co.uk/world/oliverb … sarahpalin follow link for Fox News video.

Quite breathtaking. Are there any Forumosa Repubs who are still willing to argue that she was qualified to be VP, and was a good choice by McCain? More startling revelations about her ignorance to follow.

Was arguing with a good friend who is a staunch supporter of Palin who refuses to believe anything bad about her and wants to start sporting a Palin for President 2012 sticker.

I on the other hand believe choosing her gave up any chance for McCain to win this presidency.

I have always strongly condemned her nomination. Her nomination was an abomination for McCain. And the stupid bugger probably still didnt see it.

She is a total bimbo.

What worries me is how did Obama build up a 700 million dollar warchest? Versus McCains 60 million. The guy has never had a real job. He doesnt come from a rich background. Hes a junior senator with a few months under his belt. Was sponsored to Harvard and sponsored all along . Who has been his sponsors is what I want to know. And for what ultimate purpose? Whos his master?

[quote=“tommy525”]
What worries me is how did Obama build up a 700 million dollar warchest? Versus McCains 60 million. The guy has never had a real job. He doesnt come from a rich background. Hes a junior senator with a few months under his belt. Was sponsored to Harvard and sponsored all along . Who has been his sponsors is what I want to know. And for what ultimate purpose? Whos his master?[/quote]

From donations, I can only think of one recent candidate (Ross Perot) who could spend enough of his own money to get elected.

Anyway back to Palin, some conservatives are calling it more mainstream media smears-will be interesting to see what comes out about the McCain/Palin campaign over the next few days.

70 million people sent him 10 bucks each.

quick question? HOw much of this has he spent and does he get to keep the rest? If so, could just running for President make someone rich?
Chen claims the 30 plus million bucks stashed in Switzerland was from his campaign contributions.

Donations.

I donated $100 to him. Many others I know also donated. Some $20. Some $500. It only takes 7 million people, each making $100 donations, to raise $700 million.

[quote=“tommy525”]quick question? HOw much of this has he spent and does he get to keep the rest? If so, could just running for President make someone rich?
Chen claims the 30 plus million bucks stashed in Switzerland was from his campaign contributions.[/quote]
No, donations go to the campaign and/or Democratic party, not the individual. I don’t know that having leftovers is very typical, and in fact it’s usually rich people ending up bankrupt after running for office (see Hillary down about $8 million of her own money).

I imagine anything left goes toward paying late bills or whatever the next campaign or Democratic Party event happens to be.

If they’re smart & actually do have anything left after buying up multiple 30-minute prime time broadcast slots, it’ll very publicly go to a charity or some sort of economic relief fund … along with Palin’s 6-figure wardrobe :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“tommy525”]
What worries me is how did Obama build up a 700 million dollar warchest? Versus McCains 60 million. The guy has never had a real job. He doesnt come from a rich background. Hes a junior senator with a few months under his belt. Was sponsored to Harvard and sponsored all along . Who has been his sponsors is what I want to know. And for what ultimate purpose? Whos his master?[/quote]

We the people did, I donated $100 to his campaign, McCain tried to cast his funding as some sort of plot by the rich liberals to elect Obama but money isn’t everything.
liberation.typepad.com/liberatio … cs_th.html

The republican camp will have to find a new strategy, they have gone way too far to the right with Michelle Malkin, drudge report, Fox news. They pushed strategies that the rest of the country didn’t agree with and they are going to pay the price for years to come.

They also pissed off a lot of ambivalent people who didn’t care about politics, now those people are voting and the majority are not going to vote republican.

Palin and the republican party doesn’t have a chance in 2012 and unless things really change I don’t think they have a chance in 2016 either.

Ha ha ha! Sorry, this thread is about Nailin’ Palin. :laughing:

It was obvious the Repubs were going to pin this one on her. I guess it saves them the deep embarrassment of considering their record in office. You should see what the mad basement posters at Free Republic are saying about all this. It’s a huge split in the Repubs camp. Consider it akin to a virtual egging of company headquarters ala the KMT supporters after their loss to Chen. :laughing:

HG

It’s also worth pointing out that many ‘Americans’ believe that ‘America’ is a country, when it’s actually a continent. Although now they seem to have talked themselves into it, it seems reasonably acceptable to refer to ‘America’ with reference to the USA rather than the continent.

We’ve been doing that for centuries…so better get used to it. There is no such term as “United Statesian”, so we call ourselves Americans.

By the way, the name of the continent is North America. The collective term for North and South America is “the Americas”.

We’ve been doing that for centuries…so better get used to it. There is no such term as “United Statesian”, so we call ourselves Americans.

By the way, the name of the continent is North America. The collective term for North and South America is “the Americas”.[/quote]

good job Chris. Took the words right outa my mouth :slight_smile:

Bullshit. Again you’re demonstrating a remarkable ignorance of the English language. As any 3d grader can tell you “America” is commonly used as a shorthand way of referring to the U.S., which is a shorthand way of referring to the U.S.A., whose formal name is the United States of America. People find it cumbersome to repeatedly use the phrase “The United States of America,” so they commonly use the various shorthand names instead, but when used in the context of a discussion that clearly concerns only the U.S., it is generally understood by all, except the most dim-witted, that the term “America”, in such context, only refers to the U.S., and does not include Canada, Mexico, Central America or South America. Feel free to let us know if there are any other words you have difficulty with. There are lots of English teachers on this forum who will be happy to help you.

Back to the subject, though, did you catch the footage of Palin getting off the McCain-Palin plane, for hte last time, in cold, cold, cold Alaska? Ha ha ha ha ha. :roflmao:

Actually, there is no such continent as ‘America’.

Edit: oops, a flurry of responses while I was trying out various spellings of continent.

Unfortunately, due to a suspension, I feel the need to step in and speak.

STFU everyone.

We’ve been doing that for centuries…so better get used to it.[/quote]

Well yes, it’s a venerable mistake. I’m sure Palin has been making her mistake for a while also.

That wasn’t actually the term under discussion.

I believe those words were ‘It’s only an embarrassing mistake when committed by people whose views are politically different to mine, when I do it it’s not an embarrassing mistake’.

I see both you and Chris completely failed to read this part of my post:

You’re not addressing the fact that many Americans are confused over the term ‘America’ with reference to the continent, not the country (and Chris, there are at least three different ways of defining ‘the Americas’, one continent, two continents, or three continents).

Yes there is, it’s the continent also known as ‘The Americas’. Further reading.

Bullshit. Again you’re demonstrating a remarkable ignorance of the English language. As any 3d grader can tell you “America” is commonly used as a shorthand way of referring to the U.S., which is a shorthand way of referring to the U.S.A., whose formal name is the United States of America. People find it cumbersome to repeatedly use the phrase “The United States of America,” so they commonly use the various shorthand names instead, but when used in the context of a discussion that clearly concerns only the U.S., it is generally understood by all, except the most dim-witted, that the term “America”, in such context, only refers to the U.S., and does not include Canada, Mexico, Central America or South America. Feel free to let us know if there are any other words you have difficulty with. There are lots of English teachers on this forum who will be happy to help you.

Back to the subject, though, did you catch the footage of Palin getting off the McCain-Palin plane, for hte last time, in cold, cold, cold Alaska? Ha ha ha ha ha. :roflmao:[/quote]

NO i want to see that. But Palin is a moose anyway, shes happy in that cold and snow. Shes cute but a political moose nonetheless.

By the way, the name of the continent is North America. The collective term for North and South America is “the Americas”.[/quote]

You’re wrong. It says so in the Good Book. Seth 12 verse 9

And the Lord sayeth, Chris is wrong about America, but the Australian, he knoweth.

You’re wrong. It says so in the Good Book. Seth 12 verse 9

And the Lord sayeth, Chris is wrong about America, but the Australian, he knoweth.[/quote]

Ah, now you’re talking. :laughing:

Yes there is, it’s the continent also known as ‘The Americas’. Further reading.[/quote]

As per the Wikipedia article, there is no such continent known as America.

What do you consider to be the continent of America?