"Palin didn't know Africa wasn't a country"

Yes there is, it’s the continent also known as ‘The Americas’. Further reading.[/quote]

As per the Wikipedia article, there is no such continent known as America.[/quote]

Really?

[quote=“Wikipedia”]In French, as in English, the word Américain can be confusing as it can be used to refer either to the United States, or to the American continents.

The noun Amérique sometimes refers to the whole as one continent, and sometimes two continents, southern and northern;[/quote]

Maybe we weren’t reading the same article. As noted in the ‘Further reading’ link I provided (as well as my previous post), English dictionaries differ over the issue, as do various commentators (‘The Americas’ are variously defined as one continent, two continents, or three continents).

NO I want to see that. But Palin is a moose anyway, shes happy in that cold and snow. Shes cute but a political moose nonetheless.[/quote]

Weather for Anchorage, AK

-3°C | -9°C

That’s a campaign plane, shouldn’t she be on a commercial flight now? I guess she had to fly her wardrobe back.

HG

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Weather for Anchorage, AK

-3°C | -9°C[/quote]

She needs to be a penguin at those temperatures, not a moose. Silly cow.

Anchorage is still a little too close to Washington for comfort when it comes to that ignorant, bigoted, bobble head woman… maybe they can move her to the far West side of St.Lawrence island… that way she’ll be twice as close to Russia, which will double her foreign policy experience!.. :laughing:

I really think picking on her is the wrong tack. The bigger question in light of the Repubs obviously shifting to blame her now - they are the ones leaking this stuff - is that they picked her, and tried to sell the electorate she was a suitable second line defence in case the rickety old McCain fell off the peg. How dare these bastards now tell us she wasn’t fit to put parking tickets on skiddos let alone run for the second highest job in the country!

HG

[quote=“Fortigurn”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]Weather for Anchorage, AK

-3°C | -9°C[/quote]

She needs to be a penguin at those temperatures, not a moose. Silly cow.[/quote]

No penguins in Alaska. Silly moose!

[quote=“Fortigurn”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]Weather for Anchorage, AK

-3°C | -9°C[/quote]

She needs to be a penguin at those temperatures, not a moose. Silly cow.[/quote].

Well they were very nice to fly her back in the campaign plane (lest the alaskanites use a further ticket cost to blast her). Yes Silly cow she is. but those are just summer temperatures for alaska my friends (to paraphrase McCain).

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“Fortigurn”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]Weather for Anchorage, AK

-3°C | -9°C[/quote]

She needs to be a penguin at those temperatures, not a moose. Silly cow.[/quote]

No penguins in Alaska. Silly moose![/quote]

There may as well have been in regards to her knowledge of foreign affairs??

Definitely one of the stranger episodes in the history of American politics.

It was fun. Most elections aren’t this much fun.

Send her to Little Diomede Island…then she can really see Russia from her house!

Send her to Little Diomede Island…then she can really see Russia from her house![/quote]

Nah just send her a map of the real world.

This is a wonderful story, and I would very much like to believe it. Unfortunately, I suspect it of being disinformation by McCain staffers, who are trying to shift the blame for their election loss to Palin. I’m not saying she’s a genius, just that this level of stupidity is a little hard to swallow (especially in an election with an actual African running in it).

On the continent issue, different countries divide them in slightly different ways. I often hear “Mei jou” (roughly, the Americas) from Taiwanese, though sometimes they do distinguish between North and South. Plus Australia is often forgotten (as is entirely reasonable).

The last time I saw “United Statesian” was on the Simpsons, when an anti-immigration protester held up a sign that read “United States for United States-ians.”

You know what actually would be the cherry on top of the ice cream?

That three months from now McCain has a bad bout of health and people come to realize how close they were to handing the keys to ths world’s greates nuclear arsenal to this Barbie.

the disaster from Alaska was on CNN today making a feeble attempt to vindicate herself by calling the GOP campaigners who reported her astounding ignorance to the media “jerks”, she went on to say something along the lines of “of course I know the difference between Africa the continent and Africa the country.”… :noway: :doh: Africa the country?.. This woman is an intellectual black hole…

[quote=“Icon”]You know what actually would be the cherry on top of the ice cream?

That three months from now McCain has a bad bout of health and people come to realize how close they were to handing the keys to ths world’s greates nuclear arsenal to this Barbie.[/quote]

The only cherry I want on my ice cream is Rove, Bush, Cheney in jail.

She certainly has a way with words.

I am baffled by Palin defenders as well. My own parents, who voted for McCain, called her “poor Sarah” because they felt the “biased mainstream media” had it out for her. I didn’t really think that Charlie Gibson or Katie Couric were all that hard on her. Does anyone else think so? Seriously, I’d like to understand this point of view better.

For me, it just seems so clear that Palin is an intellectual lightweight. My Dad said to me, “You don’t like someone who speaks like one of common people, but rather ‘those Eastern elites’?” Well . . . yeah, I am thrilled that Obama is articulate, educated and intelligent. If Eastern Elite is synonymous with educated, intelligent, analytical, capable, and articulate, then I guess I prefer that our country have leaders who are part of the “Eastern Elite”.

Bodo

[quote=“Deadbolt”][quote=“Icon”]You know what actually would be the cherry on top of the ice cream?

That three months from now McCain has a bad bout of health and people come to realize how close they were to handing the keys to ths world’s greates nuclear arsenal to this Barbie.[/quote]

The only cherry I want on my ice cream is Rove, Bush, Cheney in jail.[/quote]

That would be justice, i.e. the whole icecream batch.