Paris Hilton doing Hard Time

So does this mean she has to serve the whole 45 days, not the 23 they changed it to?

http://dsl.sbc.yahoo.com/ Get the news and a good laugh!!! :roflmao:

“Remand for the remainer of her sentence, which was for 45 days.” [sic] Time for good behavior (duh no clubs there) and already served will be taken into account.

Truth be told, I’m kinda feeling sorry for her…

I’m lovin’ it. :slight_smile: Welcome back to jail.

When Paris sobs out “It’s not right!”, I actually agree with her. It’s not right that a rich brat like her only has to serve 5 days of a 45 day jail sentence.[/quote]

She only served 3 days. So she’ll have to do 40 or so days…

Perhaps she’ll come out with some great awareness to share with the world. As 40 is a significant number, especially when it comes to transformation

1)Jesus in the desert for 40 days
2)Moses spent 40 years walking around the desert
3)40 days of lent
4)Noah on a boat for 40 days

I feel bad for Sheriff Lee Bacca.

He and I are southern California law enforcement brothers (me an ex-prosecutor, him the Sheriff) and we are both married to Taiwanese. The difference is he is the highest paid elected official in the United States (pulls down more a year than the US President, a Senator or a Supreme Court justice, over $1,000,000 a year) while I live in blue collar San Chung.

Nonetheless I agree with him, he is trying to run the largest jail in the United States, he does not need the circus, the civil liability or any of the rest of the bullshit of this just because some Super Court judge wants to show he is a hard ass and some peon from the City Attorneys office wants to see his name in the paper.

Now let me be quick to add a personal note, I despise Ms. Hilton. I would be more than happy to see someone put a bullet in that cunt’s head, but, nonetheless from a professional law enforcement position this whole thing is more trouble than it is worth. Let the drunk airhead stay at mommy’s mansion with her doggie collar on and let Sheriff Bacca get back to keeping the streets safe.

Yours in Southern California Law Enforcement
Ex-Deputy District Attorney Brian

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]I feel bad for Sheriff Lee Bacca.

He and I are southern California law enforcement brothers (me an ex-prosecutor, him the Sheriff) and we are both married to Taiwanese. The difference is he is the highest paid elected official in the United States (pulls down more a year than the US President, a Senator or a Supreme Court justice, over $1,000,000 a year) while I live in blue collar San Chung.

Nonetheless I agree with him, he is trying to run the largest jail in the United States, he does not need the circus, the civil liability or any of the rest of the bullshit of this just because some Super Court judge wants to show he is a hard ass and some peon from the City Attorneys office wants to see his name in the paper.
[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking when I saw the photos of him. All I could think was ‘Man, this guy has got to be thinking "I"ve got better things to do with my fuckin’ time" :fume: :laughing:

The Hilton jail revolving door escapade reminds me of the days of my youth as a Public Defender. In law school they kind of leave you with the impression that the Sheriff must follow the orders of a judge vis-à-vis keeping an outlaw (like Wild Airhead Drunk Driver Hilton) in jail.

Not so. And this “not taught in law school political reality” often upsets “baby judges” (new judges) the first time they see it. By way of an example let me tell a true story of my Public Defending youth. I am doing the arraignments in Judge P.'s . courtroom (to protect the innocent the judges name will be left out of this.).

Judge P. is not on the bench yet but I am going through the list of new defendants. And I recognize one of the guys as being I guy I represented about a week ago and who had got 180 days on some theft related deal. (may have been second time auto theft or something).

I kind of raise my eyebrows and say, “uh, aren’t you supposed to be in jail?”
He says “oh yeah, but the jail got fill and so the Watch Commander was doing early releases”.
To which I replied “yeah, but you only did about 10 days on a 180 day sentence”.
He says “yeah, I got real lucky”.
Me: “so why you here?”
Him: “oh, man, bad news, got busted with speed.”
Me: “this is a tragedy (I had already lost my baby public defender sense of “I am going to save the world”, it had been replaced by a feeling, “shit the world is full of ‘low rent’ fucking idiots and they all end up being my clients”), well sit down and we will get you and the rest of the crew arraigned here in a minute”.

Judge P, who I had forgotten was the judge who sentenced the dude to the 180 days…10 days ago, gets on the bench. As luck would have it the first case they call was his. I kind of had a premonition that the shit was about to hit the fan. Judge P. had been a prominent civil attorney and basically bought his judgeship. (by having tons of money to campaign with, judges are sometimes elected in California) He was known for having a very short fuse mixed with lots of Italian pride.

Judge P. looks up from the file and instantly kind of recognizes the guy. “Didn’t I sentence you to 180 days……last week!!!”

Defendant: “Uh, yeah”.
Judge P.: “What the HELL are you doing back out!!!”
I grab the guys arm to shut him up and answered for him, “your honor my client informs me he got an early release from custody”.
Judge P. goes ballistic. He is so furious he can not even speak, he then starts raging on the bailiff.
The bailiff, like a well trained cop, lets the judge rage for about a solid minute. Then when Judge P has to stop to catch his breath, the bailiff, a sheriffs deputy, simply says, cool as a cucumber, “Your honor the management of the jail, is, by law, the purview of my boss the Sheriff of San Bernardino County”.

Judge P. storms off the bench. A couple of senior prosecutors and public defenders follow him into his chambers to calm him down and explain the real world of criminal justice to him.

To make this story accurate and fair, I need to mention that after they got Judge P. settled down he got back on the bench and on the record apologized to the bailiff he had raged on, and to my client and me. And in fairness I could see why he (and the Hilton judge) go ballistic; but that is the way it is.

Yours in fond courthouse memories,
Brian

What do these two pictures have in common?

The same photographer. To the exact day 35 years ago, the vietnam picture was taken, Paris’ was taken. Nick Ut

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]The Hilton jail revolving door escapade reminds me of the days of my youth as a Public Defender. In law school they kind of leave you with the impression that the Sheriff must follow the orders of a judge vis-à-vis keeping an outlaw (like Wild Airhead Drunk Driver Hilton) in jail.

Not so. And this “not taught in law school political reality” often upsets “baby judges” (new judges) the first time they see it. By way of an example let me tell a true story of my Public Defending youth. I am doing the arraignments in Judge P.'s . courtroom (to protect the innocent the judges name will be left out of this.).

Judge P. is not on the bench yet but I am going through the list of new defendants. And I recognize one of the guys as being I guy I represented about a week ago and who had got 180 days on some theft related deal. (may have been second time auto theft or something).

I kind of raise my eyebrows and say, “uh, aren’t you supposed to be in jail?”
He says “oh yeah, but the jail got fill and so the Watch Commander was doing early releases”.
To which I replied “yeah, but you only did about 10 days on a 180 day sentence”.
He says “yeah, I got real lucky”.
Me: “so why you here?”
Him: “oh, man, bad news, got busted with speed.”
Me: “this is a tragedy (I had already lost my baby public defender sense of “I am going to save the world”, it had been replaced by a feeling, “shit the world is full of ‘low rent’ fucking idiots and they all end up being my clients”), well sit down and we will get you and the rest of the crew arraigned here in a minute”.

Judge P, who I had forgotten was the judge who sentenced the dude to the 180 days…10 days ago, gets on the bench. As luck would have it the first case they call was his. I kind of had a premonition that the shit was about to hit the fan. Judge P. had been a prominent civil attorney and basically bought his judgeship. (by having tons of money to campaign with, judges are sometimes elected in California) He was known for having a very short fuse mixed with lots of Italian pride.

Judge P. looks up from the file and instantly kind of recognizes the guy. “Didn’t I sentence you to 180 days……last week!!!”

Defendant: “Uh, yeah”.
Judge P.: “What the HELL are you doing back out!!!”
I grab the guys arm to shut him up and answered for him, “your honor my client informs me he got an early release from custody”.
Judge P. goes ballistic. He is so furious he can not even speak, he then starts raging on the bailiff.
The bailiff, like a well trained cop, lets the judge rage for about a solid minute. Then when Judge P has to stop to catch his breath, the bailiff, a sheriffs deputy, simply says, cool as a cucumber, “Your honor the management of the jail, is, by law, the purview of my boss the Sheriff of San Bernardino County”.

Judge P. storms off the bench. A couple of senior prosecutors and public defenders follow him into his chambers to calm him down and explain the real world of criminal justice to him.

To make this story accurate and fair, I need to mention that after they got Judge P. settled down he got back on the bench and on the record apologized to the bailiff he had raged on, and to my client and me. And in fairness I could see why he (and the Hilton judge) go ballistic; but that is the way it is.

Yours in fond courthouse memories,
Brian[/quote]

Wow great story. I’ll be back behind the Orange Curtain (Orange County) in a few weeks- knowing I won’t spend too much time in jail really inspires me to rip up the town when I’m there. :wink:

[quote=“Namahottie”]What do these two pictures have in common?

The same photographer. To the exact day 35 years ago, the Vietnam picture was taken, Paris’ was taken. Nick Ut[/quote]
Poor bastard. Didn’t he get a Pulitzer for that shot? To be reduced to paparazzi of airhead nonentities. How the mighty have fallen.

[quote]“Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed and sold to the people you hate.”
-Mister Jalopy [/quote]

Bubba 2 Guns signature pretty much nails it.

At least she has found time to make a cathartic music video, detailing her harrowing time inside.

I’m lovin’ it. :slight_smile: Welcome back to jail.

When Paris sobs out “It’s not right!”, I actually agree with her. It’s not right that a rich brat like her only has to serve 5 days of a 45 day jail sentence.[/quote]

She only served 3 days. So she’ll have to do 40 or so days…[/quote]
Actually no, it was 5 days. Check CNN or other sites if you still aren’t sure.

The remaining time will get reduced due to good behavior, assuming that happens of course. You get 1 day off your sentence for every 4 days served under good behavior.

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]

Ex-Deputy District Attorney Brian[/quote]

Oh Boo Hoo. Civil Liability? for What? Sending a somebody to jail for twice being caught driving with a suspended licence after being suspended for drunk driving. :fume: :fume:

Oh please… she should have been given 45 weeks like the rest of us mere mortals would have been given. Then she would have something to cry about. :raspberry: :raspberry:

Good thing she now has to server more than a pitiful 23 days. Boo Hoo!!!

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“brianlkennedy”]

Ex-Deputy District Attorney Brian[/quote]

Oh Boo Hoo. Civil Liability? for What? Sending a somebody to jail for twice being caught driving with a suspended licence after being suspended for drunk driving. :fume: :fume:

Oh please… she should have been given 45 weeks like the rest of us mere mortals would have been given. Then she would have something to cry about. :raspberry: :raspberry:

Good thing she now has to server more than a pitiful 23 days. Boo Hoo!!![/quote]

I reckon she gave that sheriff some specilal treatment :wink:

[quote=“Fox”][quote]“Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed and sold to the people you hate.”
-Mister Jalopy [/quote]

Bubba 2 Guns signature pretty much nails it.[/quote]

Well, Mr Jalopy nailed it and he’s motorhead -working class guy who fixes old shit in his garage in Riverside County, Ca. all day which makes it even more amazing.

http://hooptyrides.blogspot.com/

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“brianlkennedy”]The Hilton jail revolving door escapade reminds me of the days of my youth as a Public Defender. etc, etc.

. . . I replied “yeah, but you only did about 10 days on a 180 day sentence”.

He says “yeah, I got real lucky”., etc, etc.[/quote]

Wow great story. I’ll be back behind the Orange Curtain (Orange County) in a few weeks- knowing I won’t spend too much time in jail really inspires me to rip up the town when I’m there. :wink:[/quote]

Unless you’ve got two prior felony convictions, in which case stealing 9 video tapes or 4 chocolate chip cookies or a slice of pepperoni pizza will land you 25 years to life in prison.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_strikes_law

How’s that for fairness, consistency and justice?

Good point. MLK Jr’s Letters from Birmingham Jail were written while in the slammer, as was Eldridge Cleaver’s Soul on Ice, Nelson Mandela’s autobiography, much of Don Quixote and lots of other great literature. I can’t wait to see what great work Britney. . . . er, Paris will produce.

“Dear fanz, u r the gr8st. I luv u. >‘_’<”

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“sandman”]What do these two pictures have in common?

The same photographer. To the exact day 35 years ago, the Vietnam picture was taken, Paris’ was taken. Nick Ut[/quote]
Poor bastard. Didn’t he get a Pulitzer for that shot? To be reduced to paparazzi of airhead nonentities. How the mighty have fallen.[/quote]

I agree completely. But on the other hand, what a fascinating juxtaposition of shots. Together they seem to say a lot about the completely different circumstances of different peoples in the world, and what is considered necessary for survival and comfort and what is considered a horrific tragedy for one as compared to another, and the universality of grief regardless of the different circumstances. Sure, that’s just a paparazzi shot, but it’s a lot more meaningful than just a Britney panty shot, especially sitting beside that other photo.

Have any you people here actually done hard time? How many of you peoples actually done time in the real …uh, jail?

Not going to share my experience just yet. I was merely a petty vandal. Nothing serious. Yes, I did spend a very small amount of time in jail. Not ashamed to admit that. I was the only white man there. All the other guys were black guys whose horrible crime was not paying child support. Yeah, I was really down with dangerous criminals then (sarcasm).

I am a sympathetic person. I am not attracted to her, but I will pick her up, if she has no where else to go. I have picked up many stray cats. She’s as cute as them. She’s almost as cute as cute as some of the girls I’ve had in my bedroom.

I said “almost”. I realize that she has to work very hard to achieve my standards, but she can do it, if she tries.

[quote=“Quentin”]Have any you people here actually done hard time? How many of you peoples actually done time in the real …uh, jail?

Not going to share my experience just yet. I was merely a petty vandal. Nothing serious. Yes, I did spend a very small amount of time in jail. Not ashamed to admit that. I was the only white man there. All the other guys were black guys whose horrible crime was not paying child support. Yeah, I was really down with dangerous criminals then (sarcasm).[/quote]

Yes, during my screwed up delayed adolescence and it really does suck. The worst thing, for me, was being stuck in this totally cold, boring, demeaning location with absolutely no power whatsoever; you are totally at the will of your captors. In one case (drunk in public - asleep in a van) I was held overnight and then most of the next day because they “lost my paperwork”, but there’s nothing you can do about it but sit and wait. I saw scary stuff there too – lots of mean looking dudes, some of whom were forcing an apparently whacked out, druggy, white guy loser in the corner to give them head, so I learned to retreat as far as possible, try to make myself inconspicuous and non-threatening to anyone, and sit and wait.

But the point is, she broke the law repeatedly and this is the standard sentence for such crimes. Tough titties. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. Most people feel it’s not right for some spoiled, rich white kid who’s never suffered in her life to skate with impunity through various legal infractions, just because she’s spoiled and privileged and cried her way out of it. Ordinary people don’t have such an opportunity; nor should she.

Peanut butter sandwiches. That’s it. That’s all they served us. Can you imagine the horrifying torture that entails?

I had to sleep on a concrete block next to a crackhead, babbling nonsense all night. He’s 99% likely dead by these days. Well, fuck him, I don’t care.