🛂 Passport | Identify this passport stamp?

Hi all

First post here. I’m guessing someone here is likely to know the answer to this question.

Is anyone able to identify the following passport stamp? Generally a stamp with a VOID on it means entry denied or something similar in other countries.

It seems to be different from the example stamps I’ve seen as it is franked with TPE236 and not TPE001.

In addition to identifying the stamp, if it is some sort of entry denial would it come with a ban of any sort? And if so, likely to be computerized in the sense that it’s visible internationally at border control points in other countries even if the holder of the passport applies for a new one?

Many thanks for any knowledgeable replies.

S__26484869

is this your passport?

Well most likely (but could be many other reasons too) the boarder police used the wrong stamp, and void it and put the correct one? Also is that holes on the passport page, like a voided old passport?

other example, error by boarder guard
https://flyingwithfish.boardingarea.com/passport-stamps-love-except-ones-hate/

1 Like

There is also some SE Asian words that should not be there. Maybe voided for that reason?

Pretty positive that’s not an official ROC stamp of any kind. Probably some gimmick

1 Like

This the Tattoo Guy trying to sneak back into Taiwan with a self-made stamp? :laughing:

6 Likes

seems ok to me, like this one
https://flyingwithfish.boardingarea.com/passport-stamps-love-except-ones-hate/

Questions / Answers:

is this your passport? No, otherwise I would know what the stamp is. It’s a friend’s passport. I need to know what the stamp is and what its implications are in order to be able to answer some travel history questions correctly.

There is also some SE Asian words that should not be there: they should be there. It’s part of the passport. Every page has these markings. The stamp is put on top of these markings

Pretty positive that’s not an official ROC stamp of any kind. Probably some gimmick: it’s categorically an official stamp, not some gimmick

@DKaoshuing yes, thanks. That link is precisely the reason why I need to know what this stamp is and what its implications are.

1 Like

had the same issue once with a stamp for my visa exempted entry as a tourist (before I moved here with ARC) since the stamp was not clearly visible, so they put the void stamp over it and put another visa exempt stamp near to it.

No issue whatsoever for me.

3 Likes

That could be an explanation. As you see, the stamp wasn’t inked properly and so the month (it’s June actually - you can only see the N) isn’t visible and part of the “visa exempted” legend is not visible.

2 Likes

So when was the stamp put into that passport, and what explanation was given? Was the person refused to enter Taiwan at the border?

There is a difference between void and refused. This stamp is clearly unreadable.

If you are refused, you will get a stamp that clearly says you are refused.

4 Likes

Incidentally, yes - you’re correct. It’s a passport that was voided yesterday since it expires shortly and a new one has just been issued.

Thanks for the input everyone.

It seems on balance of probability that it’s a benign void because the stamp itself is unreadable, although still likely to cause problems at immigration in other countries since some countries use a void when entry is denied or a visa is refused.

1 Like

Have you asked your friend?

2 Likes

I had a void stamp like this before. I arrived just after midnight and the first stamp from immigration had the wrong date. The officer just stamped the void and then made the new one. Had no issues entering Taiwan or anywhere else with the stamp.

4 Likes

This is why I asked if it was yours. To gather the context by seeing the stamps nearby and piecing together a story.

You’re right. Looks like this, maybe they didn’t stamp it right so they voided it?

Taiwan entry stamp.jpg

it has already been reiterated a few times in the thread that when the immigration official affixes the stamp, if not clearly legible or if with mistakes, the official voids the stamps with the void stamp and just puts a new legible one, that’s it. In other countries they might do it manually with then immigration authority stamp next to it.

1 Like

I had a void stamp from Taiwan when I first came here in 2010. I got stamped with a 30 day visa free entry, but UK citizens at the time were one of a handful of countries that got 90 days. When I pointed this out to the immigration officer, he apologized and put a void stamp on the first one, before giving me a 90 day visa stamp. I have never had any issues with it.

1 Like