Patio28 in Sanxia, Taipei County (closed)

Cool pics. Nutella?

The making of crostinis/crustinis/croutons …

:lick: :whistle: yep …

Maybe it’s not trad Belgian fare, but the yummiest thing in Brussels was crepes with nutella, banana and Chantilly cream. It’s stuff like that that made me the woman I am today (unfortunately…).

Next time let off the banana, madly high calorie count :laughing:

Yeah, I think it was the fruit that tipped the balance…

I hope you guys are open for lunch on Thursday.
Don’t force me to go to Patio27 or Patio29 instead.

:lick: :whistle: yep …[/quote]

That’s good. I like Nutella. Now I’ll have no reason not to come.

Dark whole wheat ingredients …

I love the photography! It makes me want to rush there and eat. Pity you’re out in Sanxia.

Where the heck is sanshia?? I dont think iv ever been there?

Where do you get your fresh yeast, BP? I’d like some very much indeed. I hate using the powdered dry stuff.

I second that, I envy you!!!

How much do you need?

I had Linda (the business partner) go to the wholesaler and buy a box of yeast containing 5 (pound) packs … she returned with a carton containing 12 boxes of 5 packs being 60 pounds of yeast … :astonished: the misunderstanding was a good one tho :roflmao: anyways, we had it returned, minus one box …

I have yeast here all the time … and FYI, you can get yeast in Dihua Street at several wholesalers and the DIY baking stores … stored in the fridge … I get mine from Shulin and there is a mom-and-pop store in Ingge that sells it …

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]I hope you guys are open for lunch on Thursday.
Don’t force me to go to Patio27 or Patio29 instead.[/quote]

We are open and you’re welcome, just make sure you’re here before 1:30PM otherwise the kitchen could be closed if it’s a slow lunch … :whistle:

We are working out a way to get most of our stews and breads shipped island wide, frozen … we just started testing shipping of some bagels to Taipei, if all turns out well and the time and price for shipping is reasonable we’ll go ahead …

If you’re looking for more “test” addresses in Taipei, just let me know - I’ll be glad to help out! :slight_smile:

It’s beyond Tucheng, across the river from Yingge.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]How much do you need?

I had Linda (the business partner) go to the wholesaler and buy a box of yeast containing 5 (pound) packs … she returned with a carton containing 12 boxes of 5 packs being 60 pounds of yeast … :astonished: the misunderstanding was a good one tho :roflmao: anyways, we had it returned, minus one box …

I have yeast here all the time … and FYI, you can get yeast in Dihua Street at several wholesalers and the DIY baking stores … stored in the fridge … I get mine from Shulin and there is a mom-and-pop store in Ingge that sells it …[/quote]

:roflmao:

I guess that’s handy if you’re going to bake enough bread to feed all of Taiwan…
I presume you can’t get smaller packs of yeast here, only industrial size packages?

Sandman, maybe we can split some between us, as I think you’re reasonably close to where I live. I’d really like some fresh yeast for some Christmas baking, as the dry stuff doesn’t work with a lot of things I want to make. And the great news is, I got hold of Julmust in HK thanks to much better stocks at Ikea there :smiley: