PayPal

Anyone know if PayPal can be used in Taiwan ? Can services be sold and paid using PayPal while being able to withdraw funds in Taiwan ? Thanks

From what I know, only one bank (E.Sun) support Paypal in Taiwan. I‘ve never seen an online shop offering Paypal as a payment method.

See PayPal Account Through E. Sun (Yu Shan 玉山) Bank for example

You need an E.Sun bank account to use PayPal. You need to go into E.Sun and set it up to receive money from PayPal. This is separate from setting up a bank account, so you need to tell them you want to use PayPal. This works fine for money coming from out of Taiwan. I’ve used it a number of times although the exchange rate is crap.

I’m not sure about using PayPal for payments within Taiwan. I remember being told that you were not allowed to use PayPal to transfer money between two people who are both in Taiwan. I know most of my Taiwanese clients just made bank transfers to send me money, which seemed fairly easy to do…

Domestic transfer through Paypal in Taiwan isn’t allowed. No idea why.

1 Like

What if it’s a payment from overseas For example someone wants to pay for a lesson on Twitch and they want to pay via PayPal and I am in Taiwan ? Thanks

That’s no problem (as long as you have an E.Sun bank account set up to accept PayPal). I’ve used PayPal for overseas clients a number of times.

Thank you

1 Like

how about for sending yourself money from here to an account in your home country? I’m tired of paying up to $60 USD per transfer. I guess you have to take the exchange rate into consideration, and PayPal fees are based on a percentage as I remember, but it’s been years since I’ve last used PayPal

Lobbyists from the banking dinosaurs hell bent on forcing us to use paper bank statements
:rofl:

The FSC doesn’t allow it.

Why not? Well they’re corrupt and stuck in the Stone Age.

There was a company which tried and wrapped up a long time ago

2 Likes