Percentage of foreigners vs. Taiwanese on forumosa?

I’m assuming a majority of those who post on forumosa are not taiwanese, what do you all think?

• I am a foreigner
  • I am an ABT
  • I am Taiwanese

0 voters

You forgot us Taiwan born dual citizens.

ABT/westernized Taiwanese will have to cover all the in-between circumstances. Want to keep the pie nice and tidy.

Seems like no. 3 would be more accurate for @Andrew0409. :thinking:

But I’m not American born.

Think of it as shorthand for “westernized Taiwanese.”

and I don’t like the word foreigner. I know its used as a generic term without negative connotation but I do prefer immigrant.

7 Likes

I realize one’s citizenship and identity can be complex. I kept it as neutral and simple as I could so please try not to overthink it and just partake in the pie.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is what screwed up the UK census. Every 10 years when a new one is due people argue about labels and self-identification, to the point where it’s impossible to accurately compare the results of one census to the next. Making the whole process a bit redundant other than changes in total population.

1 Like

Maybe I should’ve just made it two options, foreign and non-foreign. If I’m honest the in-between option was an emotionally driven choice as I would feel a bit grumpy about choosing “foreigner” for myself even though that’s what technically applies based on my papers.

ABT could stand for Auslander but Taiwanese

1 Like

Alternative Breed of Taiwanese for me

3 Likes

Can we partake in the Tim Tam instead?

I like Tim Tams.

1 Like
  • Tim
  • Tam
0 voters

The poll only lets me choose one option. What if I swing both ways?

There’s just no pleasing you people, is there?

4 Likes

You forgot mainlanders.

Them’s as good as foreigners to me. :nail_care:

4 Likes