Personal loans

@Brianjones Which country are you from?

but not really. Their “pathway to permanent residency” appears more of an on-paper thing than a realistic option, because they still need to be earning double the minimum wage after the 11-12 years to qualify, and the vast majority of them won’t be earning that. The government may as well be offering permanent residency to migrant workers holding Nobel Prizes.

The number of people who did the first step (registering as intermediate skilled manpower) was also next to nothing, as of last summer:

According to media reports, some 200,000 migrant workers meet the six-year experience requirement. However, as of the end of July, only about 218 applications had been filed with just 31 approvals.

3 Likes

Numbers speak louder than words.

Yeah, the race is on for those 31 people to increase their monthly factory job salary to NT$55-60k over the next five years. :whistle:

2 Likes

Ireland doesn’t offer permanent residency to migrant workers

Didn’t you get a Taiwan ID? Why are you still saying it’s difficult?

“I had a NWOHR myself so I understand how ridiculous the whole process is”
I’d presume if you had a NWOHR then your ID card would be here by now

But there IS a pathway

@BiggusDickus you knew where he was from. I had to do some digging.

We know where he’s from. Why do you ask this question?

1 Like

The answer to that is ‘none of your business’.
You seem a bit unhinged.

What colour underpants are you wearing right now?

Why are you veering from the personal loans topic.

1 Like

Not really. If you pretend to introduce a pathway that the vast majority of people concerned will never be able to follow, it isn’t really a pathway even if it’s presented as such by the government.

I suspect that migrant workers in most countries will be able to attain permanent residency if they, say, win the lottery and come back on some kind of investor/entrepreneur visa. This also isn’t a realistic pathway, of course.

1 Like

I am not saying foreigners cant. in fact even the government says they can. it is a bank problem, not a government one. I have also been saying Taiwanesecitizens have trouble too. i was saying it is due more to individual people stamping or not stamping. which leans more towards it being a cultureal/societal issue as well. my wife has been treated like total shit in places like Pungtung. we moved branches and the new branch has, on multiple occasions, called the Pingtung branch and yelled at them because their retarded egotistical ways are actually against bank policy. this happens on the daily.

I am happy your friends got a loan, we should all be happy when people win.

So not really sure what your question is to me. though i think if people are buying juice cars for 33k monthly.payments, they are on a different tier than “the average joe” and loans should be assumed are more accessible to such income levels. this all seems standard. what isnt standard is the level of judgment on the clerk side of things, this is where people get right fucked and rightfully pissed off.

2 Likes

Clearly not everyone knows as much as you.
I had to do some digging.

You’re the one harping on about discrimination etc. when Taiwan allows migrant workers permanent residency but your country doesn’t.

You first brought up the topic on it.

Weren’t you the one who went on the attack?

It’s not really pretending. Also it’s offering the chance for them to up skill themselves.

I predict more and more will get it in the future.

I once worked for a company who had a commission scheme

If I sold $10,000 worth of products I got a commission of 10%

But there was a condition that $8,000 of those sales needed to be made from our least popular product.

In essence, I did not have a commission scheme

*not real example and exaggerated.

I have to disagree with here @comfy123 because migrant workers are starting 3 steps back. They are not entitled to minimum wage. It isn’t fair to have the same requirements while not giving the same rights.

3 Likes

How? It’s a salary range that’s totally out of reach for the workers concerned, especially considering that they’re not allowed to take on side jobs or do stuff outside of their work permit.

“Offering the chance for them to up skill themselves” - that’s certainly an interesting take. So gracious of the Taiwanese government!

It’s almost as kind as them offering migrant workers the chance to switch employers when their current employer dies or their fishing boat sinks. Not to mention the opportunity they give caregivers to learn perseverance and the value of hard work and budgeting by excluding them from the minimum wage. :blush:

We have to consider that Australia takes in a limited amount from the countries Taiwan absorbs and the ones getting below minimum are the ones unskilled in their home countries. (That’s not to say it’s right though.)

However, consider my girlfriend. She was a factory worker in Taiwan. She was able to earn 33,000 ntd a month. Something of dreams for Filipinos. She had living costs of 4,000 a month in her dormitory

As for the migrant workers getting below minimum they have no living costs at all.

As for Australia
 @justintaiwan Australia wouldn’t take those unskilled migrants who are home caretakers in Taiwan. At least Taiwan gives them a chance. - I know it’s not perfect

according to this announcement, more than 3000 are approved now.

2 Likes

So, still, let’s see how many of those have a high enough salary to get an APRC in 5 years.

1 Like

@justintaiwan My girlfriend (Filipino as you personally know) was averaging around 33,000 to 35,000ntd+ a month working her factory job here.

Now according to the following
 the income requirement is 33,000 meaning that she was meeting it in her first year here!

So I’m not sure how your ridiculous commissions structure compares with it mate

We’re not talking about that part (or at least I wasn’t) - that isn’t the hard bit, aside from the requirement to first be here for 6 years before applying to be reclassified.

The hard bit will be meeting 2x the current minimum wage at the end of the 11-12 years.

I’m surprised you guys can even get a discussion going considering this thread got slowed down.

Anyways I heard a lot of Taiwanese say that migrant workers are making at least 40,000nt and can make 60,000nt if they work overtime. I don’t know who’s right, or maybe that’s what the employer pays and of course the migrant worker pimp takes the difference

Why the focus on the 50,000 ntd monthly requirement for the APRC? There is an easy alternative option that will likely even bump you into that pay scale

“Once a caregiver has worked as “intermediate skilled manpower” for five years, they may apply for permanent residence in accordance with the Immigration Act (ć…„ć‡șćœ‹ćŠç§»æ°‘æł•), but they must earn a monthly gross salary of NT$50,000.
Alternatively, they can obtain a Level B professional technician certificate through authorized government training programs.”

Doesn’t seem too bad IMHO. I am sure lots will apply.

Seems a lot better than majority of countries who don’t give these people a chance at permanent residency.

Doubt it. Google to the rescue!

Migrant workers in the industrial sector last year earned an average regular salary of NT$26,066 a month, up 5.9 percent from 2021, while overtime pay averaged NT$5,619 a month, up 4.1 percent annually.

Migrant caregivers, who are not covered by the nation’s minimum wage laws, earned an average of NT$20,533 per month last year, up 1.6 percent from a year earlier, the ministry said, citing 4,007 valid questionnaires collected from employers of migrant caregivers.

That included regular salary of NT$17,961, up 2.3 percent from a year earlier, and overtime pay of NT$2,135 per month, down NT$47 year-on-year, the ministry said.

1 Like