PGO's G_max Scooter

http://www.bikehk.com/photo/2004/p002984/report.asp?page=page02.asp

You can get it for NT$ 60,000 for a 150 cc one.

PGO has a pretty good record outside of Taiwan.
They just recently decided to tackle the domestic market.
I just got a new KYMCO a few months ago.
If this had been available then I probably would have gotten it.

Good ‘Scooterin’!

It’s a beautiful scooter to be sure. But it’s fairly slow in comparison to other sport looking scooters like the Yamaha Cygnus. And it doesn’t have a floor, which is the main reason I have a scooter (for my dog).

Yeah, I saw one of these a day or two ago. But what’s with the no floor? Surely that’s one the biggest pluses for a scooter over a bike?
Weird design decision there, if you ask me.

Quite a few scooters don’t have a floor. The Yamaha Majesty, the Kymco Ego, and lots of the Peugots, Gileras and Aprilias don’t. Of course step-throughs have never had floors. One advantage is increased frame rigidity. But you’re right, the floor’s a great luggage-carrying space and I’d miss not having one.

Saw one of these PGO 150’s in Chiayi City the other day, but it was going for 68,000. I like it but my girlfriend was critical. She also pointed out the fact that when girls are doubled on the back, they don’t like to sit higher than the rider.

Hmmmmm…dunno about that one. :noway:

The no floor thing I can live with. I didn’t check out the seat compartment but I don’t have a dog, a chicken or a child so who cares if there’s no floor?

HI all,

After 6 years of loyal service I also need to replace my 2nd hand Kymco scooter. I have narrowed it down to 3 scooters!

I have been looking at 2 SYM scooters: the F1 4V 125

and the 4v 125

Accoring to the SYM customers service rep they are identical except for the design. I prefer the 4V 125 because it has very large twin headlights, they also have a model without EFI. The seat compartments are VERY large and they will do about 95km. Dry weight=114 kg

BUT, I really like the PGO G-max 150 at NT$69000, I had a good look at it in the shop and it is stunning. There is no floor because the back has this big empty space instead of a gas tank.

It claims to have a top speed of 103km, but it seems to be REALLY heavy ( Total Gross Weight=239KG). EVO G-Max 150 Specifications Chart

I am unable to find any data about the Cygnus on the Yahama wesbite.
Would you know any more details about the difference in speed? Or is that due to the g-max being so heavy?

John

Member since 1999 but old account deleted due to inactivity :blush: :frowning:

The PGO and SYM duke/Jockey are the exact same bike. The PGO has a different frame, plastic body. and instruments. I’m not too sure why all the mechanics I know hate that PGO bike. It might be the fact of that domestic/international market thing… and they’re just ignorant. I think it looks tech although I’m a little bummed out by the drive train. It would be an easy bike to modify due to tha fact that it shares all the mechanics of the most modified scooter in Taiwan.

I love the idea of an EFI 4 valve 125. I’d go for that for sure.

[quote=“jands”]

It claims to have a top speed of 103km, but it seems to be REALLY heavy ( Total Gross Weight=239KG). EVO G-Max 150 Specifications Chart

I am unable to find any data about the Cygnus on the Yahama wesbite.
Would you know any more details about the difference in speed? Or is that due to the g-max being so heavy?

: :frowning:[/quote]

I’ve heard that the G-Max handles great…but the Cygnus will pull away from it at any speed…and the Cygnus is 25cc smaller. Plus the Cygnus comes with a 5 year unlimited warranty on their engine. Here are some of the stats you wanted: yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/ … ygnusx.jsp

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Seems that the G-Max look great but is lacking in performance :frowning:

My husband is glad though, he also did not like the idea of looking over my head when sitting on the back of the G-Max.

I checked out the Yahama but will post my questions in the Yahama thread.