Physical violence in relationships

The standard cure. :laughing:

HG

Is she Taiwanese? Maybe sheā€™s been reading your comments about her people here.

Seriously, why would anyone, male or female, stick around for that kind of abuse?

Is theposterā€™s online identity known to his wife?

Well, I have been in a marriage, where the SO resorted to violence once in a while, with the worst being a mug going through a glass door, so I can see what heā€™s up against in that respect.

There is really no difference in female to male spousal violence than there is in male to female. And in the same light as what I would tell any woman ā€œAs long as you choose to remain in this situation with her abusing you, you are allowing the abuse to happen.ā€
Abusers donā€™t change. You canā€™t expect her to change because she is nice sometimes. Grow some self respect and get away from your abuser.

hi folks,

i would say many young taiwanese girls tending to be violent.

my ex ex gf was also easy to lose control, once when we had some guests in our house we argue for something in the bedroom to avoid our guest can hear. she lost controll and kicked my balls that i need few minutes to recover. after few month and few more such violent cases we seperate.
she grew up mostly in switzerland, her family left taiwan when she was in the age of 6, but still such a hot temperā€¦

my ex gf is from harbin (PRC) and when she was angry she easy totally exploded, she could slap my face realy hard in fromt of everybodyā€¦ in publicā€¦ after few such caseā€¦ fired ā€¦

with few taiwanese and chinese girls i had such experience, for a while i thought thats their clture and should be normalā€¦ butā€¦

now iā€™am married to a taiwanese girls since 5 years and never had any violence.

so iā€™am lucky hahahaha

You learn o recognize the signs and avoid violent women or men.

I would have dumped my ex very early on, once she started getting violent (12 months into the relationship), however I felt that the problem could be overcome with a bit of love. Wrong, it later turned out.

Husband abuse is apparently a lot more common than most people realize. The figures came as a big surprise to me when I first read about them. And it doesnā€™t seem to be culture-specific, but is more or less as likely to happen in any country as much as in another.

[quote]A large and growing number of university research reports is indicating that men are about as likely as women to suffer from relationship violence. One study by the renowned University of Calgary researcher Eugen Lupri, reported that while 17.8% of husbands had admitted to abusing their female partners, 23.3% of the wives admitted to abusing their male partners. While similar studies show slightly different results, there is a consistent trend of about one in five women and one in five men suffering from domestic violence.

Although men and women are about as likely to use violence in the home, assaults by men are seven times more likely than women to cause injuries requiring medical treatment. Since men are generally stronger than women, it is unfortunately easy to understand why abuse by men towards women is so much more damaging. It is also this difference in strength which makes abused men virtually invisible, since only a small number of male abuse survivors require medical treatment.
[/quote]

I consider myself pretty lucky that Iā€™ve never been abused - never once slapped, hit or kicked or even shouted at - by any woman Iā€™ve ever been involved with.

[quote=ā€œbismarckā€]Iā€™m just speechless. :noway:

Perhaps she just needs a spanking. Or some lovinā€™. Your call.[/quote]

Same thing to someā€¦ :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :wink:

[quote=ā€œtheposterā€][color=red]original title: ā€œmy present from my SOā€[/color]

today i got the bathroom doorknob shoved into my kidneys 5 times, a slap across the face, and the floor towel shoved into my mouth,all because i got a little water on the floor and asked her to take it easy.[/quote]

ThePoster,

Youā€™re generally an unhappy and unstable person to have a solid relationship anyway (examples?):

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ā€¦ c&&start=0

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ā€¦ c&&start=0

Harsh? Maybe!
True? It seems!

Get out? Maybe. Up to you. I canā€™t tell you to do that. Itā€™s up to you how much doorknob to kidney contact you would like to have in your relationships. Maybe since she hit your kidneys, you could claim it knocked the pee out of you that happens to be in her favorite leather shoes. I donā€™t know.

Rambling!
Matt

I really donā€™t see how insulting anyone is going to help any. While I agree that he can be, at times, much. I donā€™t see how that can make him any less deserving of a healthy, happy relationship.
Besides, most of you guys can be much at times.

Violence is the other big red button on the front of my consoleā€¦ push it and itā€™s game over.

Maybe its time for a new future Mrs. Ex ā€¦

Mrs Malcom

:bravo: Totally agree!!! My ex once resorted to violence; it broke something in me and our relationship was never the same again. Even if it only happens one time, it is one too many. Once the line of violence has been crossed, thereā€™s no way back. Personally, I would not hesitate to get out ASAP.

Jeg er enig baseret paa de samme personlige overvejelser.

What I am saying is that I agree based on the same considerations, when I got slapped the first time by my ex, something broke.

That said, i stayed in it, hoping it would be better. The violence decreased, however the relationship continued downhill.

My ex used to try to kick me in the balls - slap me, hit me with things, she threw the remote at me and broke it I thinkā€¦
Yeah she was pretty crazy when I got her pissed off.

Very rarely did it really bother me.

Thatā€™s just WRONG!! :noway:
Never EVER throw the remote! :fume: :fume: :fume:

[quote=ā€œIan_Alexanderā€]My ex used to try to kick me in the balls - slap me, hit me with things, she threw the remote at me and broke it I thinkā€¦

Very rarely did it really bother me.[/quote]

:astonished: So, what kind of armour did you wear???

[quote=ā€œDanishDelightā€][quote=ā€œIan_Alexanderā€]My ex used to try to kick me in the balls - slap me, hit me with things, she threw the remote at me and broke it I thinkā€¦

Very rarely did it really bother me.[/quote]

:astonished: So, what kind of armour did you wear???[/quote]

None!

TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!

SPAAAARTAAAA!

Well, that was one of many reasons why I left my ex.
Sheā€™d threaten me with knifes when she got mad and a couple of times she scratched me with her fingernails quite badly, I still have the scarsā€¦
It can get quite ugly sometimes :frowning:
Whatā€™s even worse is that I was stupid enough to stay with her for a very long time, I told myself that I loved her, but I guess I was just used to how things were.
In the end we had one big fight and she took a hammer to my computer screen, which didnā€™t look quite the same afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:
One thing is for sure, Iā€™m not getting into the same situation ever again

[quote=ā€œTheLostSwedeā€]Well, that was one of many reasons why I left my ex.
Sheā€™d threaten me with knifes when she got mad and a couple of times she scratched me with her fingernails quite badly, I still have the scarsā€¦
It can get quite ugly sometimes :frowning:
Whatā€™s even worse is that I was stupid enough to stay with her for a very long time, I told myself that I loved her, but I guess I was just used to how things were.
In the end we had one big fight and she took a hammer to my computer screen, which didnā€™t look quite the same afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:
One thing is for sure, Iā€™m not getting into the same situation ever again[/quote]

Yeah - sounds like its not good for either of you, she is getting so enraged and you end up with broken computers. I think I was driving my ex crazy sometimes but still I think breaking stuff and REALLY hurting someone is just too much.