PIC QUIZ ROUND 11 (Where is this /or What happened there?)

Walnuts?

1 Like

That is correct

1 Like

Keeping lunar time.

1 Like

I am on my phone until tomorrow, so responses will be lagging…

That is correct two.

Who’s next?

@FenjaJie
@Charlie_Jack
@tando
@slawa
@Liam_Og
@Ender
@Hygge

Where were we? Here where we:

How many stars on the country’s flag?

More than five
@RickRoll

1. This country has almost no what?
    @RickRoll
    Coast | just 12 miles long

2. Which body part in German is part of the country’s name?
    @KlangTone
    Heart | Herz in German

3. A band from which country wrote a song about the country’s most famous bridge?
    @FenjaJie
    Turkey | Bulutsuzluk Özlemi | Mostar Bridge

4. An important agreement about the country was signed in which US state?
    @KlangTone
    Ohio | Dayton Agreement 1995 [for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina]

5. There is a house near a river where men live who are best known for doing what?
    @FenjaJie
    Dervish House in Blagaj

6. If the kids in the top image look out the window, they see city, which has the only tower in the world doing what?
    @Dr_Milker
    Keeping lunar time | Sarajevo Clock Tower

7. The people of this country love to eat a sweet dessert which has what inside a fruit?
    @Dr_Milker
    Walnuts | Bosnian Walnut Stuffed Apples (Tufahije)

8. There is an island belonging to a neighboring country with a house where someone was allegedly born. Most people believe he was born in which city, though?

1 Like

Two more interesting questions not answered yet… :slight_smile:

Being Dervishes?

1 Like

Das ist korrekt!

Still one open, right?

Ok, last question - Venice

1 Like

Where were we? Here where we:

How many stars on the country’s flag?

More than five
@RickRoll

1. This country has almost no what?
    @RickRoll
    Coast | just 12 miles long

2. Which body part in German is part of the country’s name?
    @KlangTone
    Heart | Herz in German

3. A band from which country wrote a song about the country’s most famous bridge?
    @FenjaJie
    Turkey | Bulutsuzluk Özlemi | Mostar Bridge

4. An important agreement about the country was signed in which US state?
    @KlangTone
    Ohio | Dayton Agreement 1995 [for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina]

5. There is a house near a river where men live who are best known for doing what?
    @FenjaJie
    Dervish House in Blagaj

6. If the kids in the top image look out the window, they see city, which has the only tower in the world doing what?
    @Dr_Milker
    Keeping lunar time | Sarajevo Clock Tower

7. The people of this country love to eat a sweet dessert which has what inside a fruit?
    @Dr_Milker
    Walnuts | Bosnian Walnut Stuffed Apples (Tufahije)

8. There is an island belonging to a neighboring country with a house where someone was allegedly born. Most people believe he was born in which city, though?
    @KlangTone
    Venice | Island of Korčula [Croatia] | Marco Polo

1 Like

That was interesting, learned a few thinks about Bosnia and Herzegowina, for example the coast thing and the Marco Polo thing, well that was in Croatia.

LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS
:bosnia_herzegovina: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ DR MILKER (:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::six::zero::three:)
:us: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL (:1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::three::one::six:)
:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: __ __ ENDER (:1st_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::nine::seven:)
:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: __ __ __ __ __ KLANGTONE (:two::four:)
:pakistan: :pakistan: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK (:eight::six:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ HYGGE (:three::eight:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ FENJAJIE (:3rd_place_medal::four::eight:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO (:nine::nine:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANNES (:2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::one::six::six:)
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG (:one::four::eight:)
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SLAWA (:three::five:)
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX (:three::four:)

2 Likes

Where’s the first pic at?

Inside the Avaz Twist Tower in Sarajevo

1 Like

Before we go on to the next country, here is an interesting video about Bosnia and Herzegowina’s coast, and how the Croats are going to circumvent it with a new bridge that is being built this year.

I have heard about Chinese deals in the Balkans as part of their Belt and Road project, but this is the first time I learned about a concrete project. The bridge is built by a Chinese company.

CaspianReport is one of my favorite YT channels btw. :slightly_smiling_face:

Completion slated for 2022

4 Likes

That was an interesting video, thanks

1 Like

Where were we? Here we were.

If you pan to the right you see what?

Three goats eating grass
Three kids playing with a dog
Three men sitting on the ground
Three mules just standing there
Three women walking up stone steps

1. If you take out one letter from a wildlife sanctuary’s name in this country you get the name of which highland area in Germany?
  2. A man from which country found some tanks in this country?
  3. The name of that man sounds exactly like words that could come out of the mouth of who before a ball game?
  4. There is a beautiful palace that unfortunately had to be closed, when which group entered the province where it is located?
  5. A dude from the US partly unearthed a site, which has six what?
  6. The name of something in local kitchens sounds like it could be from the Pacific. Name one of its two main ingredients.
  7. When I saw the name in the local script of a plant consumed by the locals, I smiled. Show me the part of the name that made me smile. :slight_smile:
  8. On an island there is a dark place I definitely would want to check out, if I had the chance. Hiking from the next village to the entrance takes about how long?

?

Nope