PIC QUIZ ROUND 5 (Where is this? What happened there?)

Portugal is the correct answer.

There were many people born there.
I can tell you an explorer, a writer, a general or a poet. Which one are you looking for?

I am looking for the one who was born in the municipality where that church stands.

All those that I’ve mentioned where born in Sabrosa

But I think you are looking for Ferdinand Magellan?

1 Like

There you go.

LEADER BOARD

:teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: __ __ __ __ __ __ DR_MILKER (:1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :two::eight::seven:)
:teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ GEAJVOP (:2nd_place_medal: :one::zero::six:)
:teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL (:1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :one::three::six:)
:teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANNES (:2nd_place_medal: :nine::three:)
:teddy_bear: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SHIADOA (:3rd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :eight::nine:)

I’m glad you picked the first one.
The list is long! Hahahaha

• Ferdinand Magellan (c. 1480 – 27 April 1521) was an explorer; in the service of Charles I of Spain, his 1519–1522 expedition became the first to sail from the Atlantic Ocean into and across the Pacific Ocean, before being killed in the Battle of Mactan in the Philippines;
  • Mariana Coelho (10 September 1857 - 29 November 1954), essayist and poet, and a feminist pioneer in Brazil;
  • Adolfo Correia Rocha , known as Miguel Torga, (SĂŁo Martinho de Anta, 12 August 1907 – Coimbra, 17 January 1995), a poet, dramatist, essayist, whose works have been translated into various languages;
  • JosĂ© Alberto Loureiro dos Santos (2 September 1936 - ), a military General and writer responsible for writing Apontamentos de HistĂłria para Militares (1979); Forças Armadas, Defesa Nacional e Poder Politico (1980), IncursĂ”es no DomĂ­nio da EstratĂ©gia (1987) and Abordagem EstratĂ©gica da Guerra da IndependĂȘncia (1986), among others;
  • Manuel HerminĂ­o Monteiro (Parada de PinhĂŁo, 10 September 1952 - Lisbon, 3 June 2001), a poet, businessman and editor of AssĂ­rio & Alvim;
  • Joaquim Pinheiro de Azevedo Leite Pereira (Provesende, 9 February 1829 — Provesende, 17 January 1918), 10th Master of the Casa do Santo, was a Douro winemaker, who saved the vineyards of the region from the phylloxera disease that destroyed the vineyards of the region;
  • Jaime Alberto Gonçalves das Neves (SĂŁo Martinho de Anta; 24 March 1936 - Lisbon, 27 January 2013), a colonel and Grand Official in the Order of the Tower and Sword, for his moderating contributions during the Carnation Revolution, and for the return to military normalcy after the events;
  • Raul Maria Pereira (Covas do Douro, June 1877 - Lima, Peru, 13 January 1933), a counsel and painter;
  • JosĂ© Augusto Aires Torres (Parada do PinhĂŁo, 18 May 1893 - Porto, 10 February 1979), a colonial soldier, actor, poet, military officer during the first and second World Wars, and agitator involved in attempted coups against the Estado Novo regime of AntĂłnio de Oliveira Salazar;

Who would know the others

Damn that letter box

:teddy_bear:

You want to give me the bear, I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

I know three or four from the list, but I’m not sure how much a German would know about cultura portuguesa

NTN (Next to Nothing)

Your turn, @hannes!
Where is it?
Screenshot_20190516-102153_Street%20View

1. Romania
  2. Italy
  3. Germany
  4. Austria
  5. France

And famous battle was fought nearby?

Austria

1 Like

That was an easy point.
Can you name the battle?

This one?

Battle of KöniggrĂ€tz, also called Battle Of Sadowa, (July 3, 1866), decisive battle during the Seven Weeks’ War between Prussia and Austria, fought at the village of Sadowa, northwest of the Bohemian town of KöniggrĂ€tz (now Hradec KrĂĄlovĂ©, Czech Republic) on the upper Elbe River. The Prussian victory effected Austria’s exclusion from a Prussian-dominated Germany.

No. Wrong one.
The battle I’m looking for happened in a castle

Ooops, I think that one was in what is now the Czech Republic

Battle for Castle Itter?

1 Like

Yes. The place in the photo is still Austria to this day.