Pick-up lines in Taiwan

[quote=“Richardm”]I bet any of these would work…

“This is your chance to shag stragbasher”
[/quote]

Really? Would this work for anyone?

Let’s see how it worked out for the original…

AND

[quote=“stragbasher”]I went on patrol, but this was Carnegies - not a place famous for being full of attractive single young ladies. There were quite a few attractive ones, quite a few single ones, but none who were attractive and single. I’m crap at picking up women in bars anyway.

So I came home alone and played with my dog. Satisfied now? Is my reputation in small enough smithereens now? Has my fragile ego been beaten enough for you? Bastards.

[/quote]

I think not. If it didn’t even work for SB, how can it work for the likes of lesser, more mortal men? Unless a frank discussion is what you are seeking, I’d advise against this line.

For me, the best pick up line has been:

a/s/l?

There was that one time when I was at an Internet bar and a group of 14-year olds, unaware that I could understand them, talked for a while about how big my nose is.

And there was that time that a group of xiaojie’s dressed as if they were members of the Go-Go’s that worked at the night market stared and giggled at me. Actually, that happens two or three times a week.

As for random hot women offering me casual sex…ha ha ha ha. :doh: I must have some sort of severe facial disfigurement that I’m unaware of.

“Are your eyelashes real?”

Pick-up line (kind of) from a Taiwanese woman who tried to get me to date her son under the guise of a language exchange early in my Taiwan experience.

:ponder:. o O (Maybe I need to start riding the MRT more…)

- Alidarbac

A big nose, perhaps?

[quote=“Dangermouse”]

A big nose, perhaps?[/quote]

If a girl here tells you that your nose is big, she implies that you are… well endowed.

That can be a frightening experience if they are accustomed to a 4’+ local, and then suddenly have to accomodate a 8’+ foreigner.

Ouch. I would run away if it was me.

- Alidarbac

Priceless!

Axiom, I figured out later that the correct answer is “Are you?” Two days later.

I used to have a T-shirt that said “Greetings, can I interest you in joyful rumbustuous casual sex, hair plastered to your body with baby oil, sweat, and champagne licked off eager nipples?” I only got the chance to wear it once. Don’t think it would work in Taiwan tho’.

Why not? The grammar too perfect? Or because it actually makes sense?

Yeah, not much left of it after getting ripped off you that first time, eh? :wink:

I was in Australia. The girl that succumbed hung on for ages and wouldn’t let me wear it again. It disappeared before she did. She’s probably still wearing it.

Speaking of Australia, here’s a great new way to find a mate:
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3755286.stm

The worst was possibly just a guy who walked past me when I was sitting in a window of a well-known coffee chain, we made brief stranger-eye contact and he walked backwards and just stood in the window staring point blank. I don’t know whether that counts as a pick-up.

- Alidarbac

Hmm… methinks da big nose is in vogue, if not all the rage, in these parts :stuck_out_tongue:

Did he end up grinding your beans? :smiling_imp:

Don’t scream or I’ll gut the hamster.

My favorite pickup line, used by Taiwan girls:

“No, no, no, don’t do that, I don’t want to, stop…”

While this sounds a bit like a rejection at first, being said by a girl sitting on top of you, trying to get your shirt & trousers off usually makes me ignore the wish for restraint on my side.

Problems only appear 1. after the fact, or 2. If you actually stops… (“You don’t like me?”… “But you just told me to stop!!!”)

A more traditional pickup said to me in a bar:

“You are a financial analyst, tell me what stocks to buy”. (Took 2 more dates to get her to bed, though).

“Hello, may I stand over here ?”

“You smell fantastic.”

“Your nose looks so real, you can hardly see the join.”

“You like my eyes ? would you like me to pop one out so you can take a closer look ?”

“I know Stragbasher, I could introduce you if you want to shag a studmuffin”

“Can you actually see when you smile?”

Bookmarking last week - subbing someone else’s class, thankfully - this lass put her hand on mine, gazed soulfully at me, and said “Teacher, you have blue eyes.”

Sadly, my personal limits dictate that 14 year-old girls are not fair game. Why does this never happen on the mrt? Or at the bank? Or anywhere ‘safe’?

I’m a little apprehensive to reveal my secrets to getting your foot-in-the-door (and lots more), but as I am now happily married here goes…

No one is beyond your means, the really pretty girl who everyone goes up to and says “you are so beautiful” etc. (especially bar girls) well don’t go up to her and blurt that out… if you do you are no different to any horny devil out on the prowl… and she will know it… :unamused:

In off handed conversation mention “You’ve got a bit of a fat arse”, then walk away, she is a woman so even if she has a 20 inch waist in her mind she has got a fat arse… :sunglasses:

By walking away it shows you are not interested… by stating what she thinks is fact (fat arse) she will also think you are honest, this reverse psycology will pay dividends next week when you go back to the same place (even if it is next month, next year she will still remember you). She will come running over and make the point of talking to you, rather than you chasing her. She will of course ask “do I really have a fat arse”, at this point you can cave in and say well actually no you’ve got a really nice arse… in fact you could say just about anything as she is already hooked…

You can lay traps in every bar/place you visit and be assured of fun times later anywhere you go reeling them in at your leisure. :notworthy:

I wasn’t trying to pick you up. You had a big gob of mustard on your chin. Just trying to be helpful.

That wasn’t mustard :smiling_imp: