Pick-up lines in Taiwan

My personal fave-or actually, the only one I remember after pints of lager is: “Is that a mirror in your pants, cause I would sure look good in them”. Elicits giggles from grown men who have actually used this ( I assume) and with women it is a sure fire something in the bathroom at Carnegie’s ( I however do not know from personal experience).
:rainbow:

Connel wrote:

[quote]I’m a little apprehensive to reveal my secrets to getting your foot-in-the-door (and lots more…
In off handed conversation mention “You’ve got a bit of a fat arse”, then walk away, …[/quote]
Telling a woman she has a fat ass…what a stroke of genius. :loco:

I regularly drink coffee with a dollop of Dijon.

Chinese girls (at least the ones I know who aren’t BBCs) are impressed when dudes show an interest by just saying “Can I be your friend?”. I’ve been told that subtelty and chivalry are what works.

What not to do: When I’m with my mates in Liverpool on a night out - at every red light they never fail to lean out and scream “BIRD!” or “Bum me, I’ve got CANCER!” to scantily clad girls on the street, then they all duck down and all they see is some chinese girl in a ford focus. Worst thing ever.

So… pickup lines don’t work?

Don’t ask me, I have never used them, apart from “Hi”, that is…

[quote=“Gloria”]I regularly drink coffee with a dollop of Dijon.

Chinese girls (at least the ones I know who aren’t BBCs) are impressed when dudes show an interest by just saying “Can I be your friend?”. I’ve been told that subtelty and chivalry are what works.[/quote]

“Can I be your friend?” Right, got it. There was me looking for dazzling openings, and all I had to say was “Can I be your friend?” Er, in what way is that subtle?

“Say hello to my little friend.”

Gloria, would you care to tell us what kind of pick-up line works best with you? Or do you prefer to brush off all attempted pick-ups and be the one to take the initiative in doing the picking up?

“Wow, you are so skinny. I can see your bones.”

Yeah, but what does it mean when Chinese chicks say, “I want to be your friend” to a dude? This is not a theoretical question, it’s been used on me quite a few times. Are they trying to pick me up? Is that the most common pick-up line in Taiwan?

“Hello, nice to meet you.”

“Hello”

“A bit noisy in here”

Flashy pickup lines are a waste of time - honestly. The girls don’t care.

She wants to get jiggy with you mod lang, you should say ‘I would like to get to know you too.’ After this, offer to carry her handbag/shoulderbag/whatever she may be carrying after asking if it is heavy. Basically, really pretend to care. Offer to take her out for ice cream (actual ice cream). My mate picked up an international student at LSE by following my precise tips. He later privately revealed to me that she had given him the nickname of ‘jim-jam’ which I exploited with hilarious results.

Observe carefully how she eats the ice cream cone; run if she bites off chunks of the ice cream.

Observe carefully how she eats the ice cream cone; run if she bites off chunks of the ice cream.[/quote]

Damn. Now you tell me.

I know this girl was coming on to me the other night. She said, “Do you want to order a pizza?” It was so obvious.

When I was in high school, I asked the sales girl at Russel Stover’s if she had wax lips. I’ll always be proud of that.

“Have you heard that song, “Horizontal tango”?”

“No!”

“I have the LP.” :sunglasses:

My coolest pick-up ever was back in the UK, when I was still young, attractive, and had a cheque-book.

I was in the pub one early evening with some friends, and kept noticing this lass on a nearby table. She was with some other guy, but kept darting glances in my direction. When we decided to move on to the next place her eyes met mine. I patted all my pockets a bit theatrically, and the only piece of paper I had about my person was my cheque-book. So I tore a cheque in half, wrote my phone number on the half with my name on it, and winked at her as I left it on the table.

Somehow she managed to find an excuse to visit my table and collect it without arousing her bf’s suspicions, and called a few days later - all excited because she didn’t know what a dork I am yet. Usually they find out before we exchange numbers, which is why I’m still single. If only it was always that easy!

Sadly, I can’t get a cheque-book in Taiwan. Guess I’ll never shag again, until I leave.

How long have you been in Taiwan?
Do you have a girlfriend?
What do you like to do?
Do you like Taiwan girls?
What kind of body do you like?
Where do you live?

Sometimes all of the above are asked
Usually girls in Taiwan do make it obvious.

But Heyyyyyyyyy It’s OK! :wink:

The other day I was in Watson’s and this cute, tall, lanky xiaojie came into the store and followed me around. I then stopped and said hello. She said “HI” and acted as if she wasn’t following me. Then a moment later she says "Do you have girlfriend in Taiwan? I said no (True) and she said “Liar”! I said “whatever” and started to leave. She followed me and said. "If you do I don’t care anyway, its ok for me, we can go get coffee one day! Give you my cellphone number. Straight UP! I took the digits but looks like a deletion in waiting. She seems nuts. Yeah I’m going to delete it …I think!

:loco: So how long have you been here? Those questions are just commonly asked questions here in Taiwan unless I’ve been missing something all the time. By the way, how much money do you make?
What time do you go to bed?

Yeah, everybody asks me those questions. How many male Taiwanese guys ask you, “You like Chinese girls?” The middle aged ladies selling me fried chicken at the night market always ask me, “Do you have a girlfriend?” (Well, not that exact wording, because they’re asking me in Chinese, not English) I doubt the hot pot vendor is trying to pick me up (ai-yuuu! if they are).

I would like to rearrange the alphabet so “u” and “i” are closer together…