Pictures and kids permission and licensing/ USA / Taiwan

Okay, I want to create slideshows depicting everyday life such as the school lunches and classroom activities in both Taiwan and the USA.

In the past I did some good ones about Taiwan school life but these were just done with the student’s permission for my cram school classes. And they were made to be shared with a relative who was a teacher in the United States.

The kids are long gone and I don’t think I have permission to use it except for my own personal portfolio and private sharing.
I want to do it again, but the right way.
It’s still going to be informal and definitely not monetized other than creating activities for my students and something I can share.

Is there a standard release form I can use to have the students and the teachers of particular elementary School sign that will give me perpetual use of my little project.

Is there an additional form that would allow me the permission to sell it and give them a percentage in the future?
I plan on asking my students teachers to cooperate for allowing me to take pictures of there school lunch or activity process. As it happened before, my students would narrate their experience like they do and old school sesame Street.
I also want to replicate this in the United States so that both the American kids at the Town these kids could get a clear picture of what school lunch is like.

For permission to publish a person’s likeness, you want a “model release form” (title may vary). If all the kids are adults now, that makes it easier.

For royalties, it’s complicated – best to ask a professional.

Ok… Thanks for the reply.
I guess, I could continue to use them my private classes.
I will try to get their permission.
They did decent voice overs. I think I may have some trouble tracking them down…
If I do this again, I will do model release forms.
But this was done at a public school during lunch time. Do I have to get permission of everyone who appeared even in the background.

On the flip side, just a few years ago a foreign teacher got himself some trouble.
He was teaching legally at some public event for outreach class.
Photographer walked by and snapped his picture.
That picture became stock photography.
If you recall there were a number of cases where foreign teachers were doing some naughty things with students.
Every time a naughty thingoccurred this poor English teacher’s photo what appeared next to every article.
He did an exhaustive search and traced it down to the photographer and the owner of the picture.
He even tried to stop the use. But the legal decision was that he was not the owner of the picture. He was teaching openly. The owner of the picture can do what he or she wants.
How do we reconcile this if you can tell me please?

Do you have a citation for that case? Or the guy’s name?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bad advice

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bad advice

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why so much 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓? :dvd: :happy_frog:

It is discussed in some threads.

1 Like