Pink Penguin Bakery / Aussie Dessert House

Pink Penguin Bakery/Aussie Dessert House
Have now opened a store in XinYi district.

Address: No.172 Songxin Rd, Taipei City, Taiwan 台北市信義區松信路172號, Taipei, Taiwan 110
Map: maps.google.com/maps?q=%E5%8F%B0 … 0&t=m&z=16

It’s just a small custom bakery/cafe, so don’t think your huge, lots of choices type bakery.
We make customized cakes/desserts for other restaurants and stores around Taiwan.
If you want something unique, well made and localized with an Australian flavor/flair, then this is the place.
Call ahead to make sure we have what you want, or what we are offering today.

Ph: 02 2767 1182 for winnie or andrew.
URL: http://www.ausdesserts.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/PinkPenguinBakery

We do customized cakes/desserts, Heavy cheesecakes, cake-pops, Aussie Meat pies, Chicken bakes, Pita/pizza bases,
Vegetarian options available, reduced sugar in almost all our recipes, carrot cakes, banana breads, Cream pies,
breads, rolls, we’ll make whatever you want, just let us know. We also provide finger foods if you want to cater a party.
We do not keep stocks so everything is fresh. We deliver locally free for orders over $2000 or else $150.
If you like we can use a cold delivery service.

Australian pies. I am so there. Other than proper Aussie fish and chips, it’s the only food I’ve not found a suitable replacement for in Taipei. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

mmmmm pies. :homer: Just a bit annoying I no longer live near YongChun. CFI, there is a place that does “South African Style” fish and chips out in the middle of bloody nowhere near HsinChu. I’ll see if I can find the address later.

Great to see a pie place open - will try it out soon, even though I live miles away.

cfimages, the new Danshui Alleycat’s has fish and chips on the menu. I haven’t tried them and have no idea about the quality (or how Aussie they are!), but it may be worth a shot.

Mmmm. pavlova!

Yes, ya Kiwi quasimodos, it’s Australian.

Do you deliver by 7-11? :lick:

If you are guys are interested, I’ll do you a special. A 6 pack of individual 4" Pies (beef, chicken and mushroom, vegetable or any combination) with delivery for NT$500 (via 7/11 cold service so just reheat). Just mention “forumosa” when you call or email winnie winnie@ausdesserts.com PH: 0955 653 175 or the store at PH: 02 2767 1182.

We also do lamingtons (bite size), sausage rolls, pigs in blankets, cinnamon rolls, pumpkin pie, etc. Our customers also recommend our “chocolate, banana cheesecake” and “lemon cheesecake squares”.

Otherwise just drop by and have a bite, we’re excited to meet you guys. Just drop us an email or call and we’ll make sure they are nice and hot!

Even though we’ve been supplying restaurants/cafe’s around Taiwan for almost 5 years, we’re very happy to now be able to invite you to our little… little… tiny shop.

Normally free delivery for orders over $2000.
Yes we use 7/11 cold service for next day delivery around Taiwan. (normal rate for delivery is $150)

I can confirm that their apple pie (cream on top), cinnamon roll, and lammingtons (choc and raspberry (kiwi knock-off) are yummy and cheap. Looking forward to going back and picking up more Western-style treats, especially such Kiwi creations as pavlova (or Lamington Pavlova Roll!), and Anzac biscuits

Thanks to the very nice Winnie for her help. Good luck.

OK…about the meat the pies…

Will you make your OWN, authentic Australian, butter based flaky pastry (the good stuff that requires mixing, rolling, folding, cooling, folding, rolling etc. etc.)

Or will you buy that generic, margarine based, taiwan made stuff that others have used in the past?

Because, if you are gonna offer REAL, 100% hand made, pure, authentic Australian meat pies (with meat, not just gravy) inside,then i will be the happiest Kiwi in Taiwan.

good question john.

we don’t actually use flaky pastry for the pies, we do use it on the sausage rolls, and no… i don’t make my own for that, but i do modify it to my tastes.
Back to the pies… we make our own pastry from scratch. mixing New Zealand or Aussie 100% butter (when availabel), cold water, salt and flour, then sitting it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to firm. Being an Aussie, i have made them to my own memories of aussie 4’n’twenty pies, but a little more savory and flavorsome.
i don’t “fill with gravy” either as you comment, though these do use minced aussie or new zealand beef with my own collection of spices and just enough gravy to run down your chin!

I sell many pies to the aussie/kiwi community through several restaurants and though it’s hard to please everyone, i’m confident it will rate in your top few.

Here’s a pic of a slice of our family sized pie and as you see the gravy doesn’t run down onto the plate. It holds well.

Thanks for the reply.

Good to hear…will visit this weekend for a try out!

Looking forward to checking that out!

I might swing by on Friday lunchtime for a vegetarian pie. If I like it, I’ll place an order for a bunch more to keep at home.

We normally work on C.O.D. for deliveries.
Cold delivery service pick up daily at 5:30pm (if called) for next day delivery.
They only deliver to an exact address, either home or business (not to a local 7-11).
Just make sure whoever is there has the money to pay the driver.

Delivery can be one of 3 specifications:
am (from 8am to 12 noon)
afternoon (from 12noon to 5pm)
evening (from 5pm to 8pm)

So the driver may arrive anytime within those time frames.

Thanks again for your interest and nice to have talked and met a few of you already.
Andrew.

I’ll also pop by soon and pick up some grub. As the Kiwi who introduced you to this fine site, I wonder about a little discount. I promise not to say ‘Bledisoe Cup, last 10 years’. :wink:

Well I loved my veg pie that I had for lunch yesterday, and I’ll be placing an order for some pies to be delivered.

Quick cell phone shot - once I get my delivery I’ll take a proper photo.

Ordered some pie for delivery.

Fantastic photos, cfi … now I GOT to get me some pies. PPB should pay you for the publicity :wink:

I’ve decided I may pop by to grab a pie or two. I was sold by the fact that they list Lamingtons on their website. I’d gone past the store a few times, saw the big sign explaining Aussie Dessert House and thought, “pft, I bet they don’t have lamingtons”. I’m so happy to be proven wrong.

Cornering the kawaii and the gay market is a shrewd move.

I see success in your future.