Playing US World of Warcraft on Taiwan Servers

If you have already opened a trial account, or have a full account, install WoW, patch up to version 2.3, erase your WTF and Interface folders, and replace the text in your WTF Realmlist file with:

set realmlist tw.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist tw.version.worldofwarcraft.com

Create a file in WoW directory called Fonts, and go to this site

wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/wa … s-t512.htm

Any there is a link to a chinese fonts file. Download, unzip into fonts folder, and start yup WoW. Bang… WoW US on Taiwan servers. I get about 50-150ms pings.

Just make sure you back up any files you erase or alter. Also, almost all US mods still work cos they are based on the interface language.

Be careful to patch manually, never on auto, and only patch when the Taiwan servers are updated, so client number always matches what is on the TW server.

I only found all this yesterday and have already dumped my 800ms+ laggy as hell US account, even though we have almost reached Illidan. PvP is my game and I love it in these conditions.

I can appreciate what you’re going through. I’ve played on US servers since launch and have had to move characters or re-roll on different servers all the time because of latency.

Recently I just transferred one of my 70s to a new server and get 300-350ms of latency which is nice. You’ll have to keep us posted on how the TW servers are for guilds/groups with non-chinese reading/writing foreigners.

[quote=“thegoat”]I can appreciate what you’re going through. I’ve played on US servers since launch and have had to move characters or re-roll on different servers all the time because of latency.

Recently I just transferred one of my 70s to a new server and get 300-350ms of latency which is nice. You’ll have to keep us posted on how the TW servers are for guilds/groups with non-Chinese reading/writing foreigners.[/quote]

The server that i joined, 聖光之願 is pretty good. I have already fallen in with some nice people who can speak English. The conditions on the server are amazing. I can not understand why USA players have to put up with so much technical crap, even from Blizzard. There is none here in Taiwan. My characters is a rogue called Fade. If you want to chat about re rolling, let me know. I have just started a mage.

Uhm, does this mean that the UI is still in English or is it in Chinese?
As it’s kinda useless if all the text is in Chinese, as I still couldn’t read it.
I tried playing on the European servers when I moved here, no chance at all, 1,000ms+ ping… :frowning:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Uhm, does this mean that the UI is still in English or is it in Chinese?
As it’s kinda useless if all the text is in Chinese, as I still couldn’t read it.
I tried playing on the European servers when I moved here, no chance at all, 1,000ms+ ping… :frowning:[/quote]

The UI, and all text in the game is English. The only Chinese is what is written by TW players. When people link items in chat, it will transmit in the senders language, but when the reciever clicks on it, it will show in THEIR UI language.

Hi, I’m an American that has been enjoying playing on Taiwanese servers.

I have had the opposite problem.

I want to write in Chinese but I can’t. I can write Chinese in Windows Vista,
but when I start up wow, it no longer allows me to write in Chinese.

When I try all that it lists or allows me to write are question marks. I can
see other people’s Chinese just fine so my computer should be able to write it.

Could anybody please tell me how to write in Chinese in WOW? Thank you.

Oops, I got it working. Sorry.

hello fellas. I was wondering if its possible to convert an existing WoW.TW game client + account from Chinese to English text? My nephew has a Taiwanese WoW account and client and was wondering if thats possible. Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, I think I’ll just go and get a US WoW and then use the steps posted upbove to set it up to work in Taiwan. Are there any english speaking guilds out there?

[quote=“peanut_ham”]hello fellas. I was wondering if its possible to convert an existing WoW.TW game client + account from Chinese to English text? My nephew has a Taiwanese WoW account and client and was wondering if thats possible. Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, I think I’ll just go and get a US WoW and then use the steps posted upbove to set it up to work in Taiwan. Are there any English speaking guilds out there?[/quote]

I don’t have any on my server, but some people do speak English. However, due to US WoW now discarding the Nagle Algorithm and an amazing piece of free software called faster ping, I am now getting 200-325 latency. Now I am in a PvP guild with my US Shaman as well as playing my rogue on TW WoW.

guys I can really use a hint on what servers are most of the english speaking Taiwan server players are on…? It’s been a real lonely month playing WoW. I managed to find a Taiwanese guild that speaks a little english but they seem uninterested to communicate with me and most of them just rather do their own stuff or they have a circle of friends that do their own raids etc. I’m on 夜空之歌 server right now.

I really don’t mind rerolling either so please hit me up. Thanks.

Edit- I forgot to ask… is it possible to transfer your Taiwan WoW characters to the US servers/realms if I move back to the US?

Well, I’m playing on 屠魔山谷, but only cause my gf’s brother is there. Can’t say he’s really helped me out all that much, but it seems to be a good server in many ways, dead easy to make money on it, I’m lvl 35 and have over 160g. And no, you can’t transfer a Taiwan account to the US. Is it possible that all of us playing on the local servers could agree on a single server and side so that we all could set up a guild and and least play together from time to time?

Is there a way to use a TW client to play on US servers?/

Swede I managed to find 2 very fluent english players on 夜空之歌. They are both level 70 and are willing to help out. I heard a guild called “Monster” has a couple of english players aswell. I’m going to see if I can talk to the guild leader to confirm that or not. If there is indeed english players in there I’ll defiantly join their guild.

Gold here is also quite easy to make from starting with two gathering professions. I have a lvl 25 and lvl 28 mage that I rerolled recently to undead and have saved up 363G thus far by just mining, herbalism, and selling green weapons and armors for 1 gold each alone. I’m planning to stay on two gathering profession until I reach 70.

I’ll update you wither or not if that guild has english players or not. Also I totally agree we need to agree on a server that we can all play together on.

Sweet, let me know what happens.

well I talked with the guild leader. The guy can speak some english. His name is Rick. So far the guild has about 8 people that can speak english though not as fluently as you may hope. I got a guild invitation and things seems to be going well. Most of them do raids at night but I don’t think its hard to ask for help. If you decide that you want to move to my server go ahead and PM me. Its a PvP server and I noticed there isn’t that much gank’ing as seen on the US servers. I’m horde. PM me for in game name :slight_smile:

Just an update. I managed to find 2 very fluent English players on 夜空之歌 and they can also speak chinese very fluently. They are both level 70 and are willing to help out. I joined a Taiwanese guild called “Monster” and they have a couple of english speaking players.

Their english isn’t as fluent as the two mentioned upbove but good enough to carry a good conversation and most of the guild members don’t mind english being spoken in guild channel at all. Some appreciate being able to practice their english as Jim says.

I’ve met Rick (guild leader), Jim (mage), Julian (Shaman), and am still trying to get to know everyone. They mostly consist of lvl 70 players that do raids but there are a few low levels and seeking help shouldn’t be a problem. 230 something members in the guild.

Theres also another guild that has 3000+ something players… not sure whats the name but its a very long chinese name guild that has a couple of people from Hong Kong that speaks some english aswell (one of the fluent english chinese players (Miz is his name) I know is from that guild and he was the one that suggested me to try “Monster” guild because he heard one of the officer’s buddies is Aussie and has some players that can speak english and having 3000+ in his current guild can be a little hectic trying to get to know everyone.

I’m glad I didn’t rejoin my previous guild and got a PM from the Guild leader from that 3000+ guild in chinese asking them if I wanted to join them. I replied back in english saying sorry I dont’ speak chinese. He said wait and got Miz to talk with me and thats how I got into Monster.

Swede has come over and he might be able to get some RL friends to join us and I’m in the process of getting two more english players at that WoW English Chinese website.

If anyone else would like to come over please feel free to PM me or post here.

Realm: 夜空之歌 (PvP) High Population (Consists of Taiwan and Hong Kong players as we share servers)
Side: Horde (For the Horde!) :slight_smile:

[quote]If anyone else would like to come over please feel free to PM me or post here.

Realm: 夜空之歌 (PvP) High Population (Consists of Taiwan and Hong Kong players as we share servers)
Side: Horde (For the Horde!) :slight_smile:[/quote]

I’m thinking of starting to play WOW again, so i just want to ask whether you all still play in the above server. Do you still play at all?

It would be nice to play with english speakers, although it will take me a few months to make 70 (or where-ever you all would be by now)

Hmmz, ok I followed your tutorial, however after changing the realmlist.wtf file to

set realmlist tw.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist tw.version.worldofwarcraft.com

it tells me the games not valid. I then downloaded the next couple of patches and repeated, but the same thing happened.

Anyone have any ideas?

I went back to my US WoW guild and played my Shaman to 3rd boss in Sunwell. Really would like to do the same on TW servers. Anyone know of a decently progressed Tier 6 guild on TW servers? Also would love to know where I could buy a T6 / Season 3 geared Shaman. I hear that buying is a lot easier in Taiwan.

Well, now that Wrath of the Lich King in imminent, I wouldn’t mind getting some good player together who would be 70 by the time it is released. If they have raiding experience, could maybe form a raiding guild composed of English speakers, and Taiwanese who want to learn English. My Rogue is 70, and I would possible try to find a Shaman for sale because I would hate to go through leveling a Shaman again.