Please describe the very worst beer you have ever had

Ok, I WILL buy a can or two. Where in Kaohsiung can I buy some?

Check RT Mart. They had it in the discount rack, $89 for a six pack.

Menthol beer sounds truly awful. Is there a hickory smoked beer? That could be potentially disastrous as well.

My worst beer is relatively inoffensive. I really donā€™t like double chocolate stouts.

2 Likes

I find the super strong beers absolutely disgusting , Csrlsberg ā€˜homeless specialā€™ elephant beerā€¦Tennantā€™s special brew .That kind. :money_mouth_face: They taste like liquid alcoholic treacle.

Anyone ever had Keystone light? Popular with the college crowd, itā€™s like garbage beer that gets watered down.

Iā€™d take Keystone over Hammā€™s.

Rauchbier from Germany. Tastes like you are drinking a burning campfire log.
I like it (in moderation, though).

1 Like

Never tried burning campfire long, so Iā€™ll take your word for it. :slight_smile:

Tastes more like a smoked ham to me. Like drinking bacon!

Pretty much any American beer that isnā€™t craft and artisanal. Absolutely bland and taste like water downed beer to me.

I got a hold of can in Kaohsiung and had it this afternoon in rural Pingtung.
Are you sure itā€™s non alcoholic?
Iā€™m not a real drinker so forgive my poor termsā€¦
Unlike Taiwan fake beer, I opened my can of Heineken and gave itā€™s a sniff.
Itā€™s smelled like beer and something possibly alcoholic gave my nose a tickle.
I had some and it even tasted a bit like beer. It was smooth and it tasted good.
But I felt a little strange, almost buzzed.
And I relaxed and a little off for about an hour.
There may be no alcohol in there but there is a certain strangenessā€¦
Could it be something like what they put in medicated cough drops to numb your throat or relax your throat.
anyway and maybe this so real that it was just a psychological thing but Iā€™m not quite sure.
I will buy this again but until I get to the bottom of this I am not driving without being sure.

Red Horse Extra Strong (for the hellish hangover)
Budweiser (bland)

0.0% means zero alcohol, yes

I was in a dive bar in Luang Prabang in 1999. My friend and I ordered beers, and the waitress brought out two cold bottles from the back. Apparently, getting cold beers (rather than warm ones with ice cubes added) was a novelty at this time. She opened them up and they overflowed with fizz as the beer was about 1/4 ice. Only half the beer remained when the bottle settled down, about half of which was ice. We tried to explain that we didnā€™t want to pay for this 1/4 beer, but she wasnā€™t understanding. So we ended up having to pay for a flat, horrible beer that we didnā€™t even get to drink.

While Iā€™m sure that there were some worse tasting beers that Iā€™ve had (skunked beer my fraternity bought at discount, warm beers in china, or floaters we drank at the end of a party), that one felt the worst.