Please vote for me for a design award

Thanks for the feedback. It’s crept up to 16 now, so maybe it just takes a while. I’ve reported the problem anyway, so they can at least check out if it’s a problem with the English side of the site.

Thanks again for your votes.

That is a cool design. If you could design it so that it can be fitted to any V brakes that would be even better. Very cool design nonetheless. I voted for you. Good luck!

I voted for you, but only because you’re my mate, like. I think lights on bicycles are for poofs.

Great idea, one that would add safety with a minimum of weight. :notworthy:
Voted for it, of course.
Patent it and I’ll help get you a manufacturing set-up (that way I am assured a free sample).

:wink:

Allow me to be the VERY FIRST to vote for you.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. It’s very flattering. Wookie, my company will be patenting it (or so they say anyway) - that’s part of the deal of me working for them. My name will go on as inventor of course, which will at least look good, even though it won’t make me any money. You can be sure if they don’t want to patent it, I will.

Still on feckin’ 16 votes after 4 people said they voted for me SINCE I STATED I WAS ON 16 VOTES. What a feckin shite website.

Please don’t let this stop you from voting for me, in case they find a whole load of English-language votes sitting somewhere at a later stage and add them on then.

OK, I just voted for you. I told them I lived on Steamed Bun N. Road.

BTW, who’s Hung Wang?

I voted for you and made up all the info stuff and my reason for vote :“Only a cutie can make that design!”

I don’t think they’ll count that vote :laughing:

Oh wait, I refreshed the thing and they did. 16.

And congrats on the ‘special award’.

I agree with HC, that tear it sounds like something Sandman always talks about :laughing:

Me just revoted with another ID and it still shows 16. maybe they refresh it later in the day or something. :frowning:

In my very modest capacity as a bicycle industry insider who has been to many, many, bike trade shows over the years and seen umpteen billion ‘next big thing’ ideas being bandied about, I can honestly say Irish, that that is one of the best concepts I’ve seen in ages. Simple, efficient, manufacturable with low R&D and tooling overhead, easy form integration into existing product systems and no significant competition in the retail sector (at least as far as direct brake activated lights go). If you can get your dynamo packaged neatly enough, waterproof and tough enough and work out accommodating different tyre sizes and profiles, you’ll be made in the shade. I’d get that patent up toot sweet if I were you. Voted successfully, but still says 16 :idunno:

[color=#000066]irishstu[/color],

Hi Stu,

I put in a vote as well at about 3:15 pm. Nice design.

I voted, too. Have you tried messaging all your friends on facebook? I have a Taiwanese friend who is “always” entering design contests and he gets a lot of votes by sending out the message “Help me out”. You have to play the game!

What is stopping the op from registering 50 new email accounts and voting for himself? Everyone is voting with false information, already.

Registering for email accounts and maybe the site owners check IP addresses??? Although they don’t appear that savvy.

Me too, on both counts.

The only thing ‘wrong’ with your design is how much more popular disk brakes are these days. They are not better than a v-brake, just more fashionable.

Thanks for the votes everyone, even if there’s something very dodgy about them not registering. I’ll keep pressuring them from this end to find out where all the lost votes went.

Thanks more, though, for the positive comments; they mean a lot more to me than the votes. I’d really like to think that this is a viable product rather than just some wacky, unrealistic idea.

Redwagon, I think V-brakes are still more common that disk brakes, but regardless, the concept could work with any type of brake. It would just need to be re-engineered a little to run against the rear disk, or even have a special disk attached that would more-easily engage with the dynamo.

Plasmatron, your comments mean a lot, seriously.

Yeah. You now have 20 votes while “tear it” has 111. Very, very fishy, indeed. I bet the “tear it” thing is the brain child of Liteon’s big boss’s child. Heh.

This is a really fantastic idea that should not be doomed to concept-land. I want a BATTLE system for my bike!

The “tear-it” proposal is cute, but I can’t see it becoming a real-world product. The same goes for most of the other entries.

Actually, no. The contest is open to any, wait for it, people of Chinese ethnicity anywhere in the world. The only way I could enter was by being part of a team, and even in a team, it has to be at least 50% of members being of Chinese ethnicity. Hence my co-designer. I think I may be the only white guy that’s ever entered this actually (please don’t consider this a complaint by me, merely some interesting trivia).

The entry currently in the lead is not from Liteon. There seems to be little doubt that this popular vote is not about who has the best concept, but about who has the most friends. Even the organisers don’t deny that.

It’s OK, I’ve already won an award. This was just to get the popular vote. I’ve already put this up on a couple of other forums I’m on and on Facebook too. It’s just a shame the English votes don’t seem to be registering at all.