🇵🇱 Poland | Visiting Poland

For my next visit! I had a nice Pizza to start the weekend here in Poland.

2 Likes

Where are you visiting in Poland?

I’ve been to Krakow, very interesting place. Recommend the tomato soup and pierogis around the Old square, or in Kazimierz

2 Likes

Went to Warsaw, seems bit messy, Taiwan homes nicer, as well as IE.

1 Like

Not based on my experience. Do you have pictures?

Messy outside

Inside each floor bar entry, my local friend mentions bad areas not to go, Taiwan does not have areas like this

and Public Transport, Metro is older, stations not nice as Taiwan and less so than other Euro capitals. Trams old and dirty in Warsaw, Kao City is much nicer trams with better views

Interesting this connections, I wonder if I been to a Weatherspoons haha, lots of cheap food I remember so maybe I went to one with cheap brekkie or curry.

2 Likes

Do you prefer stained buildings to graffiti?p

1 Like

Is you house stained ?
Here what I see in Kao, newer homes look clean

Older house, inside has become cafe, ate here last night in Kao City, old but clean not stains on floor

outside, looks much cleaner than Poland

That older one, but lots of newer homes

Where do you live that is stained house?

1 Like

Poland and Taiwan are pretty incomparable. Everything is different, and it depends on your perspective.

Where there is no graffiti, perhaps there is less creative diversity, less social harmony (which can be a good thing for development).

You could say the two countries are Poles apart.

2 Likes

Poland is just different. Maybe the walls aren’t all moldy and stuff but perhaps it’s because it isn’t so damn humid.

Nobody really goes around tagging shit in Taiwan like they do in other countries. For one there’s CCTV everywhere so if you were tagging you’d get caught. And if you tagged a historical building the penalty is much worse.

One thing you can appreciate about Taiwan is that there are no “no go zone” here, even the worst area is considerably safer than a suburban neighborhood in the US.

4 Likes

Thats what my mom said. If she’s right, then all the expats need to stop saying “aaL yoU neEd to dO iS paiNt It.”

1 Like

Paint is going to peel off after a month, the humidity doesn’t do paint any justice. The tiles aren’t just for decoration, it’s also to prevent water from getting into the concrete and rusting the rebars, which will destroy the building.

I wish traffic could be better, but it’s going to take a bit more than international loss of face to improve it.

1 Like

Messy you say? Let’s start from crazy drivers in Taiwan, lack of pavements to walk, poor transport, lack of English menu in restaurants, the list can be super long…

1 Like

you are a little bit cherry picking your pictures here :slight_smile:
i live in Tianmu, which is a good (some might argue very good) neighborhood in Taipei, stained buildings, ugly bars, in abundance.
Today i visited Sanchong, wanted to take a picture to share with you of 3 drunk homeless people sitting in a park across the street from an elementary school and all the litter they created . The fourth homeless guy was peeing in the bushes…
Taiwan is nice, but lets not over idealize it.

5 Likes

Yes, so true ! It was nice to visit and see! Not so many Taiwanese there, did see a Chinese tour group, I guess more will come as they open up.

2 Likes

If Poland are the Poles, why aren’t Holland the holes?

The preferred choice for most is Dutch, but there sizable non Dutch ethnic minority or mixed. Indo people are a large group in the Netherlands and outside, such as Van Halen rock band members, big Dutch Indonesia connections.

Wouldn’t be good for German global relations if they were separating the poles from the holes. Cock-blocking ain’t cool

1 Like

Lmao what a joke. Poor transport? Lack of English menu?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fuckcars/comments/11zbas5/sidewalk_parking_in_szczecin_poland_in_theory/

Try harder.

Oh wow I had no idea other countries didn’t have homeless people. :roll:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who wouldn’t want their wall to look like this amirite :rofl:

Someone says something positive about Taiwan and the response is to throw lame arguments pulled out of your asses. How very typical, lol.

1 Like

Like she cherry picked photos you like cherry picking quotes …
im as big a TW fanboy as you, but i dont idealize it unnecessarily…

According to government statistics there are 30k homeless people in Poland and 3k in Taiwan.